[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason I wouldn't buy this? $18,000 No rust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Mazda-RX-7-FD.jpg (104KB, 1530x778px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-RX-7-FD.jpg
104KB, 1530x778px
Is there any reason I wouldn't buy this?

$18,000
No rust anywhere
73,000 miles
5 speed manual
Pretty much looks like pic
>>
>>16054524
18K?

You fucking wot m8?
>>
>>16054524
For 18k it better be fucking brand new on every count. Jew him down.
>>
If it hasn't had its engine rebuilt recently it's nowhere near worth 18k.
>>
Tfw FDs were going for 5k when i was in high school because of how unreliable they are

Tfw i nearly bought one but cucked myself with an e36 instead
>>
>>16054538
>>16054545

But why
>>
>>16054545
with receipts
>>
>>16054613
It can't possibly be less reliable than a BMW. Besides hign maintenance isn't the same as prone to breaking.
>>
>>16054613
You were probably a normie back then. The dorito is truly a contrarian's choice.
>>
>Rotary
>Reliable

You guys are kidding yourselves.
>>
>>16054524
73k on original engine means it needs a rebuild and that's why it's being sold.

Even if you have a mechanic test it and it pasts compression and isn't leaking anything, it's on its last legs and something will go wrong within the next 10k miles and the owner is trying to sell it before that happens.

Stock FDs only last about 65k-85k miles like clockwork. Maybe 115k with premix.

Rebuild costs like $1500 if you do it yourself, and $4000-$7500 to pay someone else, I believe.

So I'd say the car is worth $12k-$14k tops.

Hell, I paid $14k for mine that already had a rebuild, 73k miles as well, in a better color. It just needed a turbo rebuild and vacuum lines replaced, so about $1500 of work. Their prices have gone up since that but $18k is still way too much for original motor.
>>
>>16054977
literally just replace apex seals every 100k miles
same as replacing timing chain you dumbass
>>
>>16054667
The FD is prone to breaking due to poor design decisions. They're all documented though.
>>
>>16055178
he's just a parotting nocar kid
>>
Does it come with an extra fire extinguisher?

For that kind of money I'd demand a full set of mile zero service records and a CarFax. And a fire extinguisher.
>>
Yeah because you can buy mine for 10K
>>
Owned one for over 4 years. You better have some mechanical experience or deep pockets. The 13b will blow. The vacuum hose situation needs to be all changed to silicone. You're fucked if you are a car noob.
>>
>>16055178
Yea. It's not the same. You don't pull motors and do a complete tear down for timing belts, dumbass. You've never owned an FD, obviously.
>>
>>16055178
>rotor housing wear
>>
>>16055211
There's like 4 common problems with the FD, all easily solved without opening up the motor. BMWs are nothing but trouble from the frame up.
>>
>>16057464
>frame
>>
>>16057464
4. Lol. Vacuum hoses are 20+ alone. Have you ever worked on an FD?
>>
>>16057482
doubt he has a car
>>
>>16054524

Whats the deal with 8-9.000$ RX-7s?

Im really tempted but i highly doubt anything good will come out of them.

Would a new engine be really that difficult to install by yourself in one of these?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.