[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no races using only stock base model vehicles with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: shiba_inu.jpg (53KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
shiba_inu.jpg
53KB, 564x564px
Why are there no races using only stock base model vehicles with the absolute minimum changes to make them race safe (roll cages, etc)?

Every type of competition has cars that look nothing like cars everyone else drives, it's too much separation for me.
>>
>>16050990
Because developers would just make their stock models very good to compete or wouldn't compete at all because they don't want their consumer products to be reflected in the life light of racing as that may harm their sales

>stock Honda civic vs stock Toyota corolla
>pretend the civic gets absolutely defeated no questions asked in the race
>Honda loses sales because customers see the civic isn't that great even though the consumers don't race at all
>>
>>16050999
>implying
>>
>>16050999
Who says it'd be manufacturers competing?
>>
>>16051006
Not him but it makes sense, and it doesnt have to be the manufacturers racing. Its more like the increased competition will make cars too fast/overpriced/one brand could win all the races
>>
>>16050990
>what is GT3/GT4
>what is V8SC
>what is WTCC

look around bro
>>
>>16051048
>every single one of those has massive modified cars with huge professional grade spoilers

Not what I asked for?
>>
look at 600 supersport racing.
>>
>>16050990
isn't that exactly the point of rally racing?
>>
>>16051069
Stock Car class is a thing as well
>>
>>16051048
V8 supercars uses spec chassis, absolutely nothing is in common.
>>
File: micra.jpg (331KB, 790x446px)
micra.jpg
331KB, 790x446px
>>16050990
Micras
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4237h3HfGSs
Also spec miatas, spec caymans, and most hillclimbs have a class for completely stock cars.
>>
>>16050990
It's called Group N. Or it was.
No idea if it's been replaced or what with.
>>
>>16051032
Like the skyline?
>>
>>16051143
>>
File: 08_cay06_gh1_4578.jpg (111KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
08_cay06_gh1_4578.jpg
111KB, 425x283px
>>16051205
>>
Continental tire sports car challenge
PWC Spec A/B or whatever its called now
SPRINT-X
AER
>>
File: hRlQBNNl.jpg (106KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
hRlQBNNl.jpg
106KB, 640x512px
>>16051212
>>
>>16050990

Most of the SCCA classes are like this, e.g. Production, Touring, etc.
>>
SBK?
>>
>>16050990
Because it's not a spectacle, for one

For two, that image is giving me the weirdest boner
>>
>>16050990
I remember watching a competition on Australia 15 years or so back which the whole field was basically stock Daewoo Lanos, obviously with cages and harnesses etc.
>>
Isn't that exactly what NASCAR originally was back in the 60's and shit before CAR OF THE FUTUREā„¢ CAMRY/TAURUS STICKERS etc? What wins on Sunday sells on Monday and all that.

Hence the most powerful muscle cars of the era being basically showroom specials just so the manufacturer could enter it in racing.
>>
File: IMG_4067.jpg (58KB, 655x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4067.jpg
58KB, 655x422px
>>16052170
SBK so base it's not even funny
>>
>>16050990
There are plenty of minor series and championships all over the world that use stock cars with just the minimum safety stuff added.

You will never see top championships with those cars because:
- People want speed, and you can only go so fast in an almost stock car before you need to start modifying it to take advantage of said speed (cars that only go fast on a straight line are boring and pointless in racing)
- People want to get the most out of a car, which means they will need to modify multiple things on it to better use the car's potential
- spectators are more fascinated by expensive, fast, extremely complex, purpose-built machines than they are of bone stock cars
Both drivers and spectators will enjoy stock series up to a certain point before they will look for something faster and more entertaining.

Stock cars are good for people racing on a budget, I agree there is a lot of fun sometimes in watching those minor series, but the real show starts when cars get really fast and really complex.
Also usually driver skill goes up with the car's overall performance, which again brings people to watch faster series than slower ones.

It's also interesting to see how manufacturers try to squeeze every drop of performance out of a car while staying within the rules. IMO GT3s are super cool because of the very permissive rules that encourage a lot of different designs and concepts rather than going in the direction of, say, DTM or NASCAR
>>
>>16051225
This. St class allows safety and basic upgrades that must be available to the public.
>>
File: SMstart.jpg (298KB, 590x392px) Image search: [Google]
SMstart.jpg
298KB, 590x392px
>>16051205
>25 posts
>Only one mention of Spec Miata.

Wut.
>>
>>16052544
gay
>>
>>16050990
What if they could only work with parts available widely to consumers but had to build off the basemodel. I E most parts come from other trims.
>>
File: f116533936.jpg (885KB, 1824x1057px) Image search: [Google]
f116533936.jpg
885KB, 1824x1057px
>>16052555

There once was a young man so worried about what others thought of him that he was too scared to live his own life. He knew that anything you do could be made fun of -- and his low self-esteem could not handle being made fun of -- so he sat at home, forever alone, anonymously making fun of other people on the internet whenever they talked about doing things in real life. As he got older, he just got more and more bitter and sexually frustrated, until he got too old to do fun things anyway.

That's you, anon. You're so cool. Have a good life. Here, have a pic of me being gay. <3
>>
>>16052544
Holy shit how'd it take so long for someone to mention Spec Miata?

This is clear evidence of how stupid the vast majority of /o/ is yet there's so many argumentative anons on /o/ that think they're right.

>>16052618
Very gay. You even matched your helmet color to your paint. Only thing gayer would be if you went with complimentary colors instead.
>>
>>16055198
you sound like you chew tobacco and fuck your sister with FOX news on for background noise
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.