[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on dacia as a car producer? Is it any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

What's your opinion on dacia as a car producer? Is it any good? Do people in the states even know it? I am thinking of buying one as my first real car(my current one is a "hand me down" from my mom). I like the dacia duster and from what I read on the Internet it's not really bad for the price.
>>
>>16049256
Cheaper renaults made in Romania. Simple cars with not much going for them beside the low price and extensive guaranty (5 years). Is the kind of car that you buy new, use it for 5 years and after that you sell it to buy a new one.
>>
>2016
>not owning a Dacia Sandero
>>
>>16049362
>2016
>owning a Dacia Sandera

Step up your game pleb. It's all about the Stepway
>>
>>16049256
How reliable is the Duster? I'm not sure if wanna trust the French and Romanians not to break every 9 days. Otherwise I'd get it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>16049406
From what I can gather they have come a long way from where they started. I still wouldn't put my money on one without a warraty. It is a renault at the end of the day, and renault is not know for long lasting cars.
>>
I see Dusters a lot on the streets and they turn my head every time. The first model was ugly as fuck but now they've completely fixed the anesthetics. What's the fuel economy like? They seem hungry.
>>
>>16049256
I'm romanian (dacia is a romanian brand owned by renault i think), in the past it was known for being pretty average to bad but you got what you paid for, however nowadays they seem quite decent. Though I'd never pay 16k euros for it or whatever it is, find a cheap 2nd hand one.
>>
File: slow cycle.png (872KB, 701x717px) Image search: [Google]
slow cycle.png
872KB, 701x717px
G O O D N E W S
>>
The duster can make a good cheap offroad vehicle like a more modern lada niva. But 99% of the ones I see are just owned by poor pricks who like to think they have a luxury suv.
>>
>>16049449
The most powerfull petrol engine (1.2 Turbo 125bhp, 151 ft lb) with 4X4 traction gets 33 MPG (US) in the city. Keep in mind the whole car weights only 1.3 tons (2900lbs).
It's not exactly what you would call fast.
>>
>>16049490
That's how they marketed it over here.
>>
>>16049406
>>16049449
Dusters are quite reliable, but most of that is because they're using dated tech and lack dozens of servos and finicky electronics.

The NA 1.6L and 2L petrol engines are both 15+ years old and thus won't win any awards for fuel economy, but along with PSA TU5 are some of the very few remaining eurocuck engines that can actually go 200k+ without crapping out. The turbo engines (petrol and diesel) chug significantly less fuel but are also less reliable.
>>
>>16049515
Keep in mind the 2.0L engine is not available everywhere.
>>
absolutely awful cars, to be quite honest
>>
File: dac.jpg (48KB, 496x312px) Image search: [Google]
dac.jpg
48KB, 496x312px
They're great cars, for what they are. They're designed to be affordable, no-frills vehicles that will get you from A to B somewhat comfortably. This mentality is common with many post-Communist counties' automakers. The 1310, Nova/SuperNova, Solenza, and now Logan/Sandero (and to a lesser extent, the Duster) allowed newly capitalist Romanians to purchase a new, domestically built auto at a price they could mostly afford.

I'm Romanian. I like Dacia because of what they've done for my country. Do I drool over their cars? Nah. But I like them a lot.

Pic related is year/model/color of my dad's car while I was growing up.
>>
>>16049532
Well, if you're buying a cheap shitbox SUV, it's not like there's much difference between 100 and 130 hp. (And if you're trying to go mud diving, you want the dCi version for dem torks anyway)
>>
>>16049596
Wanna know what is funny? The 1.2T has a little bit more torque than the 1.5dci available in my country.
>>
>>16049660
The 1.2T is 125hp and is the most expensive engine option while the weakest dCi is like 80hp.
Also, the diesel is probably making that torque right from idle rpm while the 1.2T has to be revved up.
>>
>>16049713
Most powerful diesel 200Nm @1750 rpms while the 1.2T is making 205Nm @2000 rpms.
>>
>>16049724
Most powerful dCi is 240Nm.

And that's peak torque, you gotta look at the actual curves. With those turbo-ed, computer-controlled, emission-cucked engines, you never know.
>>
>>16049594
Isn't that some sort of a Renault 12?
At least thats the way they market here in Argentina, same with all s those sanderos and dusters and Logans, they're just Renault here
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.