[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/, going to upgrade my headunit soon, i'd like a double

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG00069-20100222-2028.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG00069-20100222-2028.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
sup /o/, going to upgrade my headunit soon, i'd like a double din with lcd but not sure if i need GPS features. I need to have bluetooth for my phone and usually use google maps from phone through bluetooth. Is the built in GPS worth it? anything else i should know? going to go to a "popular" audio shop close by
>>
The only reason to get one with GPS is for the large screen. Double din units w/o a large screen look absolutely horrid. But you will probably keep using your phone because it will be quicker, more accurate and more intuitive to use. Do you have ios or android? What is your budget? There are some awesome android headunits out there but they can be pricey. And you are going to be paying more and limiting your selection by going to a local shop. But if doing it yourself isn't an option (it is really easy) then I would ask the local shop if they would install a unit you purchase online
>>
>>16049281
i have android and my budget is about 200 tops, assuming they will install headunit i buy what is a good option? I want full LCD screen
>>
>>16049281
>>16049300
scratch that, maybe 300 tops
>>
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX373B/Kenwood-DDX373BT.html?tp=20217&awkw=162872068585&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=85541668705&awdv=m
>>
>>16049443
>http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX373B/Kenwood-DDX373BT.html?tp=20217&awkw=162872068585&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=85541668705&awdv=m
looks good, how can i be sure with fitment? i'd like an oem fit with no gaps
>>
>>16049463
nigga there's a huge "Does it fit my vehicle?" right on the page
>>
>>16049611
just because the website says it will fit doesn't mean it's going to fit perfectly or as well as other units. I've seen some friends head units with gaps and shit
>>
Do not pay more to get GPS on the head unit. 10 times out of 10, the GPS will be out of date, no longer supported, clunky, and overall useless. Just use your phone for directions.
Bluetooth is worth having if it won't break the bank.
Go to Crutchfield, use the "Will It Fit My Vehicle", and look for a head unit that you like. Now get the part number of the head unit and put it in ebay, amazon, and google to find the best price.
You're going to need an installation kit (depending on your car) and the wiring harness for your car. Installation is easy, 2/10 difficulty. Don't get intimidated by the wiring harness, it's just splicing wires of the same color together on the back of the radio. Once the harness in installed on the radio, it will plug right in to your vehicle.
>>
>>16048995
Keep the oem one. Use an aux to tape adapter or an aux adapter that plugs into the CD changer connection. Aftermarket is shit.
>>
>Double Din
>Quality
>Inexpensive

You may choose only two.

IMHO, Alpine > Kenwood > Pioneer > JVC
>>
>>16049640
Crutchfield has all fitments retard.
>>
>>16049463
You sound like you don't know what you're doing, good luck.
>>
>>16050748
I would have local shop install it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.