[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just realized i overfilled car with like 2 quarts of oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1436684586756.jpg (78KB, 409x410px) Image search: [Google]
1436684586756.jpg
78KB, 409x410px
>just realized i overfilled car with like 2 quarts of oil a week or two ago
>horse is still running strong

who /stronghorse/ here
>>
>>16048947
Good thing you had a horse to ride after you fucked up your oil.
>>
>>16048947

youre just lucky, have fun blowing the rear main seal out eventually
>>
>>16048953
i drive 75 miles a day it mightve been even more than 2 weeks

horse strong....
>>
Just open up the oil cap and drive around for a few minutes.

You'll soon decorate your engine bay with that nasty excess oil and won't have to get under your car to drain it out!
>>
File: moko.png (245KB, 526x476px) Image search: [Google]
moko.png
245KB, 526x476px
lol never mind i just checked it when it was running and forgot that youre supposed to check it when it's cold

ha ha :) whoops ha ha

thought i had super horse for a second
>>
>>16048947
After the engine cools down, you should try to siphon out some of the extra oil or empty some out via the oil drain plug. Having too much oil can also result in over churning of the oil which results in a lot more air bubbles.

After you park the car, you can immediately inspect your oil. If the oil on the dipstick has fine air bubbles in it, then you're getting a lot of churning. Bubbles don't lubricate the bearing but allow the bearing surfaces to contact instead of being separated by a hydrodynamic film of constantly renewed oil. Thus, putting in too much oil can cause reduced lubrication and greatly increased wear.
>>
File: taytaytay.gif (692KB, 350x321px) Image search: [Google]
taytaytay.gif
692KB, 350x321px
>>16048991
What engine are you running that requires you to check the oil engine level when cold?
Pic of car manual / oil display that says "check when cold" or didn't happen.
>>
>>16049055
It doesn't have to be cold but it needs to be off and left to rest for a couple of minutes so the oil will have time to flow back into the oil pan.
>>
>>16049055
you're supposed to do that for every car
>>
File: 148697532.jpg (52KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
148697532.jpg
52KB, 1024x685px
>>16049055
t.busrider
>>
File: ya61.jpg (12KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
ya61.jpg
12KB, 236x235px
>>16049102
>>16049141
>>16049229
I honestly thought this was a troll thread. Sorry, OP :T
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.