[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buying a vert corvette >Tell me why I shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: giphy.gif (463KB, 403x219px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
463KB, 403x219px
>Buying a vert corvette
>Tell me why I shouldn't

>Inb4 ppl look at you, well no shit i have driven a convertible b4
>>
>>16047574
what gen
>>
File: 00x0x_OCKyNlcehy_600x450.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00x0x_OCKyNlcehy_600x450.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>16047593
Don't know much about cars but its this one

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - $28991
>>
>>16047574
The covertable is looked down on some because it loses the rigidity of the body vs. a hard top.

Other than that i dont know.
>>
>>16047611

don't convertibles have more chassis stiffing due to the top not being permanent? or is that mostly a custom option/german engineering?
>>
>>16047574
You should OP. That's the dream
>>
>>16047637
Not enough to really notice it cruising around city streets. You will be fine.

I would never want the convertible because I don't think I would drive with it down much (even in FL) and most convertible cars look like shit with the top up. Plus they can be noisy, cold in the winter, and leak. But if you are gonna ride wit the top down a bunch, go for it.
>>
>>16047637
If its designed from the ground up to be a vert like the last 3 generations of Vette its not noticeable.

However most convertibles that are redesigns of coupes do typically loose rigidity.

The main issue with OP's choice of vert is that 99% of Vert Vette owners are old and creepy.
>>
>>16047574
>buyign convertible corvettes when you can remove the roof on almost every corvette

is there a reason to do this other than laziness?
>>
>>16048733
lol, really?

whats up with this fampa
>>
>>16048945
I was wondering this, I'd prefer the t-top over the convertible
>>
>>16047603
You should buy a C5 Z06 for even less money, like 15-20k.
You end up with a much better car, especially if you put the money saved into mods
>>
File: nostrils of doom.jpg (157KB, 1495x840px) Image search: [Google]
nostrils of doom.jpg
157KB, 1495x840px
>>16048733
Thats what i ment. Recent makes/models do strengthen the body. But go alittle further back or redesigns then no. Youre losing strength. And i agree with this >>16048699
They do look like shit with the top up. Esp the kind with that that plastic back window that fuckin fade and rot out. Converts with the top up always remind me of an anorexics rib cage. Plus why go convertable and not t-top master race.
>>
>>16049270
always hated these faggots on the road
>>
I picked a hardtop over 'vert because the roof panel is super light and comes off easy. SoCal here & top off all the time.

Aside from that (my personal reasoning), i would go for it!!!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.