[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this /o/ ? My grand father died and gave me this. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161023_170542.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_170542.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
What is this /o/ ?
My grand father died and gave me this. He was a mechanic and made it as his masterpiece.
>>
>>16047494
Rivet installer
>>
>>16047494
I believe it is for fixing chain like timing chain, bike chain, chainsaw chain etc.
>>
>>16047501
this, i think.

it looks like a tool you use to remove or add links to a motorcycle chain to me.

sorry for ur lost
>>
Something along the lines of a push press I believe.
>>
>>16047656
Bearing press, fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>16047501
>>16047506
Seems overly complicated for a chain breaker
>>
>>16047656
this

could be to push out chain pins. But the studs look pretty fat for that.

The handle being mounted on such a big heavy duty cam lobe makes me thing it's for applying a lot of force. I think it's for punching holes. Seems like a partially specific tool.
>>
>>16047665
>Bearing press

Absolutely not...

It looks like it has a hole in the dark spot in the upright part, a hole to put the chain through. So like anons above say its a tool to (dis)assemble chains.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>16047690
>>16047494
How big are the pins in it? And can you replace them?

Pic related is a heavy duty bicycle chain breaker but the pins are still only ~2.5mm. Chain breakers also normally have replaceable pins too because they can bend after some use.
>>
File: 1476539454616.png (195KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476539454616.png
195KB, 417x578px
"thanks grandpa"
>>
>>16047494
your granddad had a shitty masterpiece and was an uninspirational person
>>
this is what a bench mounted chain breaker looks like. While ops thing and this doesn't look alike it seems to both just provide downward pressure on pins.

However that bit under the pins in ops thing isn't really the same, and having two pins doesn't make sense. I think it's a hole punch that punches two holes at once, and the cut outs are there to have the cutting fall out easily
>>
File: carltonbreaker[1].jpg (52KB, 583x936px) Image search: [Google]
carltonbreaker[1].jpg
52KB, 583x936px
>>16047739
>>
>>16047726
I bet you're such a fun guy to be around you miserable fuck. You may think you have friends and people care about you, but secretly, nobody loves you and when you die people will be at your funeral only because they feel obliged to be.
>>
>>16047754
7/10
haha
>>
>>16047726
le epic trolle
>>
>>16047494

Some kind of press, or hole puncher.
>>
>>16047783
You laugh, but he's right. The only funeral you'll get is one you buy for yourself. Otherwise, none of your acquaintances would even bother paying for your cremation or burial much less appearing at a funeral. WIthout anyone paying, the state simply does the minimum cremation and then dumps all the ashes of many unnamed people together into the trash for disposal at the dump. Ashes are designated as sanitized, so it is legal. That is what is done in my usa state for those whose bodies are unclaimed and liked by no one. There's no funeral. It's just fire-sanitized trash ashes to be disposed of in the county dump. I know for sure this is what happens since one of my long time friends finally became promoted enough to be assistant manager at a funeral home. The city and county rotates contracts for disposal to the various funeral homes for the most basic type cremation services. It's a never ending supply of bodies every day for the extra large ovens. The relatives and acquantances are known in many cases, but they do not respond or refuse to do anything for the deceased. That's the poignant part.
>>
File: 1465009584140.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465009584140.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>16048252
>caring what happens to your body after you've left it
i mean i would rather my ashes be returned directly to the earth but i guess a landfill is pretty close.

if you want to exercise control over the atoms of your body after you die, consider dying only after becoming a wizard.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.