[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you wanted to start a racing team, sponsored by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

Let's say you wanted to start a racing team, sponsored by your own company, and do well enough that the company breaks even on it (post-tax), how would you start, or what car would you pick?

>I personally was thinking an RX-7 to start

Picture is unrelated, but it's the first company car I'd by myself if I could
>>
Ford EF Fairmont
>>
>>16047159
R32 no doubt
>>
Rover SD1 of course.
>>
>>16047159
cadillac cts-v or ats-v.
>>
Probably a miata or foxbody, Miatas actually win lots of random shit
>>
Bumping. Maybe a dumb question, but is there any good literature on starting a racing team? Or do the ppl who know cars just know how to wing it
>>
Regarding the MX-7, it is actually an amazing car or is it just a meme machine?
>>
File: mazda-rx-7-rally-car-group-b-4.jpg (293KB, 750x394px) Image search: [Google]
mazda-rx-7-rally-car-group-b-4.jpg
293KB, 750x394px
Definitely an FB RX7 for the qt and dorito factors. Keep it NA and carbureted, but port the shit out of it.
>braps intensify
>>
File: IMG_6811.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6811.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>16047159
>tfw a couple doritos just waiting to he turned into race cars
This little warehouse complex is nuts. There's a lake behind it where I go fishing, and there are a bunch of race teams with shops in there. They have their big semi trucks and motorhomes parked there all the time too. I have seen trailers for Lambroghini SuperTrofeo, Red Bull WRC, some Ferrari series, and all sorts of cool shit. I keep meaning to ask them if they need help with anything. I wouldn't mind sweeping the floors if it meant I could play around with some cool tools and watch them build cars.
>>
File: IMG_8937.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8937.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16048754
>>
File: IMG_7741.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7741.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16048759
>>
>>16047159
you don't just pick some car you like, you have to pick some series you'd race in. what series would you race a RX-7 in?
>>
File: IMG_7740.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7740.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16048768
>>
>>16047159

Is there even anywhere you can race profitably on a budget of under 30k?
>>
>>16048809
racing is rarely profitable at any level
>>
>>16048793

is this Florida?
>>
File: IMG_7742.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7742.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16048832
Yes. Strange thing is I don't think there are any courses real close to this warehouse but the weather is good year-round which helps the teams and Sebring is only a few hours away and I think and then there is some course up by Palm Beach which is like less than an hour north.
>>
>>16048860

ESM who runs the Patron-liveried LMP2 car used to operate one town over from me in Florida. Renntech too.
>>
>>16047159
Have you ever thought about the fact that there is fuck all to enlist your meme machine in?
Do you just want to go to track days and nostalgic historic events? Because that's all you can do with an rx7 and you don't even need a proper team for that
>>
>>16048774
I'm not sure. I want to race in the series that ideally offers the most exposure for my company while justifying the costs (extra ideally I'd want to break even on all the racing costs and have the exposure and my fun be the profit)

>>16048809
If the company gets big enough and with write-offs for advertising/marketing and maybe a few wins sprinkled in, then 30k might be ok as long as the exposure and adverising ends up justifying it

>>16049485
I did consider that. What car would be better? RX-7 is just my favorite car (I actually should've put in the OP I know it's a meme machine i.e. it's not like anyone uses them for actual racing)
>>
>>16049485
Targa events and time attacks

>>16049580
The above would have most relevance and exposure for your company assuming your company is in the auto industry
>>
>>16049485
Like obviously scale tops out at like the McLaren P1 and a miata in a cross event at the lowest. I know that I personally wouldn't be able to do shit for racing anything like a P1 because I'm ultimately too big, driving skill aside) and I'm not looking to pay someone to race it for me. I just want to drive it with my friends in races.
>>
>>16049587
It's not in the auto-industry it's a tech company start up in what's basically Silicon Valley, not terribly unlike the actual show as far as what my company actually does.
>>
C5 z06 probably

Miata could be fun, or wrx for rally
>>
>>16047159
This is not how racing works at all.
>>
>>16049638
C5 Z06 is something I think I'll shoot for.

Will probably start off with this though
>>16048744
Thanks.

If anyone wants to AMA anything I'm happy to answer any questions someone has, if not I'll let the thread dke. Otherwise thanks for the suggesions /o/ (>/n/) I'll post my progress more as this starts to pan out.

Here's a qt for everyone's troubles
>>
File: tumblr_m8l6lfayCG1qdqwuko1_500.jpg (36KB, 427x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8l6lfayCG1qdqwuko1_500.jpg
36KB, 427x720px
>>16049966
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.