[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I realise this is like comparing Apples to Oranges but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

I realise this is like comparing Apples to Oranges but I'm torn between these two cars.

The Lotus Elise and the BMW M6/M5 V10.

I'm from the UK and they're both around £12k for a used example.

Which should I get and why?
>>
>>16046984
Lotus Elise, it looks more exotic, simpler engine setup means it's easier to work on. Manual transmission is good.

BMW M6 looks like any old 6 series. Road rules means you probably wont enjoy it much on UK roads. SMG box is known to have issues.

The Lotus Elise is the better choice.
>>
The V10 has 500HP
The 1.8 4cyl offers 134HP.

The M6.

Captcha relevant.
>>
>>16046984
I second the Elise
>>
Elise. It just looks more exotic.

The M6 is still a BMW, which means everyone would think you're a tool.
>>
>>16046984
The Elise would be the more reliable car. Go for the elise
>>
>>16046984
are lotuses reliable?
i know some have the toyota engine, not sure if its all.
>>
>>16047111
The Evora uses the V6 Camry Engine, I think the Elise uses a turbo'd Corolla engine
>>
BMW
>dat V10 sound
>All the power you'll ever need
And for 12k you get more car, I fukken love the Elise but it's too much money for such a small and simple car, but, if track days are your thing, then the Elise should be noice
>>
>>16046984
If you're buying the M6 I hope you have another 20 grand for maintenance costs.
>>
One is spartan and dead simple, the other is absolutely loaded with old expensive gizmos that aren't really known for reliability.
>>
Blimey, where did you find an M6 for £12k? The cheapest I can find is £14,995.

Anyway, I'd get the Lotus, provided you don't need the extra passenger/luggage space of the M6. It'll be more reliable and way more fun to drive on our roads. Of course, if your main usage is commuting to work via regular motorway mileage, get the M6 for the comfort.
>>
>>16046984
the lotus will be much faster after modification but the bmw will have a higher top speed
>>
The BMW V10s are a pain in the ass to maintain appearently
>>
>>16047111
Lots of Trouble Usually Serious, you're seriously asking if Lotus' are reliable?
>>
>>16047137
He is probably 17 and thinks the cheapest one on Autotrader is probably totally fine.
>>
>>16046984
Before you buy it think about insurance group, how expensive and available are spare parts and running costs.

Two years ago my friend got himself a Merc C55 for about 11k euros because it had stupid power and "it is german, it will not break down". After about 2 months (in each he barelly drove it because that thing would get 13 MPG US in the city) it broke down. To cut the story short he had to borrow almost 4k to get it running again. He sold it shortly after that at a loss and got himself an audi that he still has.
>>
>>16046984
The lotus Elise if you want to get laid.
>>
>>16047198
But what if I don't like guys? Shouldn't I buy the BMW?
>>
File: autism.jpg (26KB, 450x406px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
26KB, 450x406px
>>16047154
>taking fanboy shit-talk acronyms seriously
>>
>>16046984
Do you like fun and corners?
Get the Elise

Do you like quiet and straight line speed?
Get the M5
>>
>>16047208
Are you saying the M5 can't handle?
>>
>>16047213
I'm saying its handling is shite when you compare it to one of the best handling cars ever made.
Triggered bmw fanboy pls go
>>
>>16046984
If it was an Exige maybe it could be considered. But between an Elise and an M5, I'd choose the latter.
>>
Not sure how Lotus electrics would fare
But the BMWs are cocked
>>
>>16046984
civic for 3k
>>
>>16047201
Ye bro cuz Lotus have a totally stellar reliability rating.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>16047200
>implying the M6 isn't far more of a man-magnet than the Elise could ever hope to be
If you want to drown in Asian boipussy, get the M6.
>>
I have driven an Elise. Great on twisty roads, great on a track. Shit if you want to live with it.
>>
>>16046984
Are they cheaper in the uk or something? Old Elises are like $25k in the us
>>
>>16048382
Yeah, they're pretty cheap here. You can get a decent condition, older Elise for about £11-12k, and sometimes a beat-up one for closer to £7-8k.
>>
>>16048382
They only came to the US in 2004.

Either way the Elise is the sensible option basically depreciation-proof cheap to run, an M5/M6 will bankrupt you in maintenance and in the end it's just a pigfat sedan albeit with an amazing engine.
>>
M5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUV6tgUQYgE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ3eCDtU6vQ
>>
OP HERE:
I actually like the Elise more as far as looks are concerned, but damn that 5.0 V10 is just so attractive.
>>
You can actually use the M6 like a normal car along with it being fast as fuck. I like the Elise but its pretty much only useable as a track car and a weekend car.
>>
>>16046992
>>16047072
It looks exotic in pictures, in person it looks like a little toy
>>
Holy shit does that BMW look like complete shit or what
>>
>>16046997
Its not 136hp lol the 2zz comes with about 180 N/A and this is boosted
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.