[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

been thinking about getting a second gen samurai as a DDble project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: v7k.jpg (123KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
v7k.jpg
123KB, 800x531px
been thinking about getting a second gen samurai as a DDble project car,thoughts?
they're light af,cheap and look good,i figured it won't take much to make them decent

maybe swap in a 1.8l corolla engine or a 2.4l accord engine,i'm sure the bay will fit
>>
That's not how engine swaps work.. I don't know why everyone thinks you can just cram any engine into any car.. Trust me, you don't have the knowledge and skill to pull off an engine swap unless they make a kit for it, and even then you wouldn't want to shell out for it. $$
>>
>>16046855
i know,i see alot of people swapping mostly nissan engines in them around here,i was just listing some examples
>>
>>16046855
forgot to mention that they have a cult follpwing around here and i'm pretty sure every single 4cyl japanese engine made in the last 20 years has already been done
also,
http://www.rocky-road.com/samurai-engine.html
>>
>>16046831

I DDed SJ413 for a year and it fulfilled that role no problem, high speeds like over 90km/h are bit scary on rough roads. Stock 1.3 is plenty fast for the city.

Best swap is 1.3 16v dohc from swift gti, only needs distributor relocation kit.

One of the most fun cars I ever had but better be young with healthy back. Suspension is race car tier stiff.
>>
>>16046922
>high speeds like over 90km/h are bit scary on rough roads
i heard about that,how would you describe it?
i'm all in for adrenalin so that shouldn't be a problem

>healthy back
no problemo

the point of this is to get something with power that i can also take off road
>>
>>16046831
>running bronco/blazer- $800
>running samurai- $6,500

One of the worst ricer taxes in the auto world.
>>
>>16048712
they're ALOT cheaper here than they are in the us,i've checked
a fully functional one in a 6-7/10 cosmetic condition costs around like 2800-3000~ USD
>>
>>16048712

crazy burgers. Here they re like one bag of sand tier cars.
>>
>>16048814
to add to that they're one of the cheapest running cars you can get,with the cheapest being no less than 2500 USD,being into cars here is hell because everything related to cars is pretty expensive in comparison to other countries
>>
Those engines are too big and heavy for it.
>>
>>16046831
I'm getting a Jeep as a project car first and foremost but wouldn't even consider an engine swap.

Are samurai parts interchangeable with the wranglers? I was thinking of getting a Samurai but YJs are much cheaper here compared to other dedicated offroaders.
>>
>>16049081
Please die.
>>
>>16048840
Tracker/Sidekick is still that cheap in burgerland, plus more powerful.
>>
>>16048979
there's a 4.3l vortec kit available for sale yet you think an accord engine wouldn't fit?
>>
>fun little beater suvs are now ungodly expensive

I fucking hate fun tax
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.