[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are sun roofs ever used? Never seen or used mines as it is too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: Sunroof-King-Houston.jpg (49KB, 960x330px) Image search: [Google]
Sunroof-King-Houston.jpg
49KB, 960x330px
Are sun roofs ever used?

Never seen or used mines as it is too hot here in Florida.
>>
>>16046068
>mines
Nigger
>>
Only if you're standing in them
>>
>>16046068
I only ever drink my road 22 on hot summer night with the roof open .

I also tend to open it when driving the west coast mountain passes so long as it is dry, especially if it's clear.

Mostly, I just really like the extra light it brings and the sound of the rain on it
>>
>>16046077
He means he's never used landmines since it's already too "hot" (too many armaments).

Get off his ass, illiterate fuck.
>>
I use mine all the time.

You open that and the driver window and get a nice breeze going
>>
>>16046091
>being this autistic
Triggered nigger.
>>
>>16046068
I've used mine on nice summer days, helps vent the car when it's been in the sun for a couple of hours in the parking lot. It's also real nice when you have a warm summer night with a clear sky.

Also useful if your AC fan is old and squeaks when you have it running.
>>
>>16046068
I use mine almost daily, depending on weather.

>be me
>summer afternoon
>all windows down
>sunroof open
>driving home from beach with friends

Feels good
>>
>>16046068
Yeah, almost all the time. When it's not raining it gets hot as fuck here in Texas, so I just turn off the A/C let the windows down and open the sunroof. Feels good too.
>>
>>16046068
The only time I use it is when I check if it still works every few months, I don't get why normies love them so much
>>
>>16046339
>I don't get why normies love them so much
I guess enjoying small nifty features makes them a normie.
>>
>>16046068
>sun roof retracted
>rear windows down
>bliss
>>
File: M1.jpg (70KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
M1.jpg
70KB, 720x405px
>>16046068
My SC has a sunroof. hardly ever used it. I can't remember the last time I even checked to make sure the motors still worked.
>>
>>16046357
To each his own, but all the local dealerships market the corollas and civics etc with sun roofs as extra special. I've just never really understood the hype they assoctiate with them
>>
Never did like sun roofs but panoramic roofs are something I'd order for my next brand new car
>>
File: 1468222460733.jpg (110KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468222460733.jpg
110KB, 497x640px
>>16046091
>>
>name is sunroof
>I use only at summer nights

Feels good man.
>>
>>16046629
I don't really like panoramic roofs, especially when they are massive and take up the whole roof like in many subarus and volvos and teslas, you can't even see out of them unless you are halfway between the rear and front seats, and you can't open them so it's just extra lights with most of the disadvantages of sunroofs. The exception is a jaguar f-type or mclarens because they are farily abnormal cars, and it works perfectly on those cars which would not have been able to have a sunroof anyway.

Sunroofs are good because you basically get an extra window on the roof, and the extra air you get from it is worth all the issues they may have.
>>
>>16046068
>Are sun roofs ever used?
There are four main purposes to a sun roof.

a. More light in the interior cabin (sun roof is never opened and treated simply as a solid part of the roof).

b. Fast ventilation approach. Open up the sun roof and crack open any front window to air out the car. It cools the interior fast if the car was baking in the sun. It also vents out fast food odors while eating if cracked open even a little bit with all other windows sealed as it makes use of the fresh air bypass from running the air circulation fans normally.

c. It lets sunlight and ambient sounds come directly into the parked car while you still have the security of locked doors and closed side windows.

d. Moonroof approach instead of sunroof approach. Usage is part of the driver mindset after all.

The other use of sunroof is the unwritten agreement that a factory sunroof adds a small amount to the resale value of a car. I personally don't like them because it gives car thieves a way to get in without looking like the side window was smashed. Thus they get to work mostly undetected in your tinted car prying out all your air bags for resale.
>>
when i had a sunroof i used it in place of the side windows,
also
>blowing weed smoke out the top ftw
>>
File: glassroof.jpg (279KB, 869x467px) Image search: [Google]
glassroof.jpg
279KB, 869x467px
what happens when you crack the glass on your massive panoramic Tesla window?

Do you replace the whole thing? Seems expensive
>>
>>16046091
kek
>>
>>16046068
>tfw i only use the sunroof when womenz are in the car
>tfw they always want me to close it because they're too pale and dont want to get sunburnt
>>
>>16047386
probably, I'm guessing it's a piece of laminated glass so it shouldn't shatter on you like a sunroof would.

I have a sunroof and I almost never open it.
>>
T-tops are cooler IMO except you can't open them while driving, you have to stop and do it. But they look nicer to me.
>>
File: car.png (6KB, 617x271px) Image search: [Google]
car.png
6KB, 617x271px
>>16046068
Whenever I see a car with an opened sunroof parked in the outskirts I see it as an invitation to be used as a toilet

>be me
>see a car with the sunroof wide open with no person around
>feel pressure building up inside of me
>climb onto the hood and pull my pants all the way down
>I'm about to erupt
>lower my bottom through the opening
>open the valve
>I do not even have to push
>hear the interior getting painted
>sit there for a minute looking at the sky
>the storm settles
>I start peeing to seal the deal
>think of how I will wipe myself
>see that the passenger's headrest hasn't been affected
>luckily it isn't leather
>unlock it with one hand and wipe myself with it
>pull my pants back up and stand there for a while admiring my work
>walk off

Haven't had the opportunity to perform this again, but someday I will
>>
>>16046068
> sunroof open
> passenger rear window cracked 1"

Best airflow masterrace
>>
>>16046068
I live in south florida and always ride with the sunroof open, open windows+sunroof is the ultimate driving experience. florida has some of the cleanest air in the country you should try to enjoy it every once in a while
>>
>16047629
trying too hard, not even worht a (You)
>>
File: 1475066913178.png (373KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1475066913178.png
373KB, 1440x2560px
>>16046068
>>16047708
>Florida
You up for a meet? We're in the process of planning one in the Kik. Pic related
>>
File: BillEngesser.png (541KB, 1035x432px) Image search: [Google]
BillEngesser.png
541KB, 1035x432px
>>16046068
>>
>>16047629
You're my HERO !
>>
>Not using the sunroof
>fucking plebs

driving through the mountains in Utah, enjoying the liht coming in through the sun roof, its like driving a convertible with some privacy
>>
opening the sunroof on a cool ohio fall night and enjoying the cool breeze and moonlight falling through your car

i sure hope you guys don't not do this
>>
You live in Florida and heat bothers you? I loved to use one when I had it I always had it down. Windows down ac off baby
>>
They dont even really offer it as an option here
>>
Fuck sunroofs

-Tall person
>>
>>16046068
Yes, the ventilation mode when parking in hot places is very useful. Also It is very nice to drive with open roof in the evening in summer.
>>
I never use mine but I absolutely love them.

The extra cost of repair makes it far more likely a reasonable car gets totalled, and I pick up a pracitallly mint car for 1/4th of its price. Fantastic little thing they are.
>>
>>16046694
This guy gets it. Nightly drives in summer are great.
>>
I love it, i use it all the time. Generally i have it on ventilation, but i open it all the way at least every other drive. i like the openness of the vehicle
>>
>>16047807
Not him but where at in Florida?
>>
>cruising in car with sunroof
>Drop rank ass fart in car
>"Holy Jesus fucking Christ what have I done"
>Interior of the vehicle begins dissolving, the dash is breaking down and sagging, the carpet has changed colors
>Vent sunroof and air out car
>Everything is ok
>>
>>16046676
furfag
>>
>>16047386
hope you're still under warranty
>>
panoramic sunroof in the new F-150 is pretty neat.
>>
>>16046068
Yeah. I love the one on my suburban
>>
I use it during pretty much all times of year when it's not raining or otherwise inclement in weather. Sometimes just for light (shade open), other times I open the window
>just for fresh air
>or to ventilate a fart
>>
Used it twice
Forgot to close it twice
Rained the night I left it opened twice
Never touching it again
>>
>>16046068

DEMS MINES!!

I GET ALL DEM WYTE GURLS NIGGAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Yuh i uze myne awl da tyme bruh
>>
>>16046068
complaining that it is too hot
>morning when everything is still cool
>dawn for awesome sunset sun beam
>night during clear weather under full of stars

Stop being a faggot and go out more.
>>
Everyday summer or winter in Canada. I may not full retract it but helps keep the windows clear in the winter
>>
I use mine when its cold outside so I can get the hot air out and let cold air in (open windows). But then again, if I really wanted a lot of air, I would get a convertible.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.