[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no valid reason to buy anything higher than the base

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: DSC03127_01.jpg (109KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03127_01.jpg
109KB, 1000x667px
There is no valid reason to buy anything higher than the base model. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>16044265
Obviously there are reasons. Blanket statements are a no go. But diminishing returns tends to be the name of the game.
>>
>decent engine only available in Rowdy Rancher 4X4 Sports Unlimited trim
>>
>>16044265
Might as well buy used, because most base cars are hopelessly equipped. There are base model cars released right now that don't come with cruise control or use a dreadful 4 speed auto.
>>
>>16044285
Wanted to mention this but also wanted to keep the post succinct. I would love to get a 6-speed V6 combo in an Accord LX, for example.

>>16044282
See above reply.
>>
>>16044318
show me a new car in the usa that doesn't come with cruise control.
>>
>>16044318
I always remove Cruise Controll as soon as i get a car so i would be happy to get a base model that doesn't force me to pay for it desu
>>
Ultimately if it has 4 wheels and an engine it's great. It beats the fuck out of walking. So does the bus.

That said, you have to enjoy your time behind the wheel. And if options make it better - why not? Just be sure to drive the wheels off of it.
>>
>>16044265
>I want X option/engine/gearbox/whatever trim model/package that isn't base/available on base

Seems pretty valid to me, OP.
>>
>>16044265
Resale, comfort, not wanting to be seen as a poor fag
>>
>>16044695
autism
>>
the resell value is a little higher
>>
>>16044265

Resale value?
>>
>>16044265
you do realize certain higer level trims come with entirely different engines and supsension choices right?I will gladly pay for an extra 100+HP and some better suspension
>>
All depends on what you want out of the car.
>>
in terms of what the trim offers, probably not

in terms of what meaningful options you can actually get without special ordering, there might be a case

as in, the top trim isn't worth it in and of itself, but it might be the only way to get 4WD, a bigger engine, a tow package, performance package, etc.

they hide what you want behind other 'value adds' like an iphone
>>
>>16044265
This is true for most cars. However, if the car has a performance package then in most cases this will sell better in the long run. For example the 2006-2008 z4 3.0si is around ~20k for perfrect examples < 30k miles. While perfect M variants of the same car are around 40k and going up.

It all depends on the performance package and how many of the car were made.
>>
>base Golf vs GTI vs R
Why would you buy a base model
>>
>>16044265
Idk senpai, aside from engine models and more power, steering wheel mounted controls for the radio are dank as fuck. Once you own a car with them, you will never want to go back.

Plus you can get some nice 18" wheels instead of shitty steelies and it only adds a couple bucks a month to the payments.
>>
>>16044411
It's optional in BMW.
>>
>>16047931
>LUXURY sports sedan
What a fucking joke of a company
>>
>>16047939
It is european. On most roads is kind of useless over here.
>>
>>16047945
BMW has just been pissing me off lately. They have always had mediocre interiors that aren't even in the same class as Audi or Mercedes. Lexus and Infiniti top them for sure, they are probably closer to Acura except every little modern amenity that should be standard in a $40k compact sedan is still optional and costs extra.

Their main selling point for the past few decaded has been the fact that they are more sporty and designed for drivers compared to the competitors cars, but they don't even have that going for them in recent years.

It's different for Yuro anons because 4cyl turbo diesel 316's with cloth seats and manual locks have always been popular there. But in the US, BMW is seen as a luxury car that competes with Mercedes and the 328i was the lowest trim level you could get for the E92 when it first came out so they were all $40k+ cars.

If you buy a new BMW in 2016, you honestly are just paying for the badge.
>>
If you're gonna blow the money on a new car you might as well get what you want
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.