[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad repair stories? Won't start on first crank, smell gas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Fuel-Filter.jpg (144KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fuel-Filter.jpg
144KB, 720x480px
Bad repair stories? Won't start on first crank, smell gas. Shop says need new fuel filter $37 and lines $12, 3.2hr 2 install @ $80Hr $256, New filter leaked they have to get another one.
>MFW I just paid an extra $240 to have a $12 tube installed.
>>
>>16036434
Are you comfortable replacing fuel lines?

If no, suck it up.

I've billed 8 hours of labor (and $200 worth of fluids) on a $9 seal (rail car mover). But it needed doing, and my time and expertise is worth something.

The same is true for car mechanics.

Do it yourself if you don't want to pay for labor. Just remember, your time is worth something too.
>>
File: $12.jpg (66KB, 700x587px) Image search: [Google]
$12.jpg
66KB, 700x587px
>>16036468
No no, but if all that was needed replacing was the fuel filter, why get new the lines. When the filter leaked , I did not complain ( shit happens ) It was an afterthought, that all I needed was a new Fuel filter, and not new fuel lines +3hrs of labor? And I go to them because I want to support the local Biz in my City.
>>
>>16036569
You replace the fuel filter if you're going to fix the lines because putting on a dirty filter is a turbo poorfag move. Sorry the part was bad, but a mechanic can't do anything about that except stock 2 of them, and they probably don't sell enough because most gas powered car drivers never change their fuel filter, they just wonder why their response goes to hell as the car ages.

You didn't just need a fuel filter, the lines were the problem.
>>
>>16036569
Pfft, cuck. Blew a line starting car in one of those automatic parking robots, just left it there, bought new filter and lines from the local parts strore and reinstalled right then right there within 2 hours at 7pm. The place smelled like gasoline, but fuck it, haven't had to touch it again after that.
>>
>>16036584
Read that twice, still confused, but... you said the lines were the problem. So that might make scene (but the filter was leaking not the lines?) Some old guy delivers the parts they need.
Thnx for the insight anyhow.
>>
>>16036605
Now I feel like an Omega, thnx
>>
>>16036584
Just remembered... the original fuel filter was installed by them less than a year ago'.
Again why replace the lines IF it's just the fuel filter that's bad,
09 model
>>
>>16038434
If the filter is bad and isnt filtering you would get dirty lines no?
>>
>>16039230
dirty fuel in your lines doesn't mean the line is bad, but if the filter is bad enough that chunks are going through, you need to worry about more than the lines, the injecters would be clogged.
>>
>>16040928
fug
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.