[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was 16 in 2008 my grandparents bought me a Dodge Charger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: stang.png (363KB, 623x403px) Image search: [Google]
stang.png
363KB, 623x403px
When I was 16 in 2008 my grandparents bought me a Dodge Charger (2.7l V6). I've had it for the past nine years and it only has 94,000 miles on it.

I'm not sure if some of you know, but, a lot of Dodge vehicles from that era have notorious front end issues and mine is the same. Its gonna cost me anywhere from $2,200-$3,500 to get it fixed. Its time for a new car.

Now, I know you guys are going to give me shit but keep in mind I don't want my insurance to skyrocket and I've never been into speed, just style.

I thinking about pic related. I know, I know, its an automatic V6. Don't care, not interested in speed and manual, I know how to drive a manual and I just don't care. Its a 2006 with 134k miles and they're asking $5865. I figure I might be able to jew them down to about 4500, trade in my POS Charger and get hopefully at least $2000 for it.

What do you guys think?

inb4 "u v6 mustang driving faggot"
>>
>>16032272
Good bait
>>
u v6 mustang driving faggot
>>
OP pls go
You dont belong here faget

This thread is probly b8 anyway.
>>
i don't think you will get them down to $4500 and I don't think you will get $2000 for the charger

also you're a little bitch for having your grandpappy/mommy buy a car for you when you were 16, faggot
>>
>>16032272
did you ever stop to think WHY people would rather buy an older mustang gt over a newer 6 cyl """muscle car"""?
no one gives a fuck if it's faster & gets better gas mileage, the literal definition of a muscle car includes a v8, and seeing as the mustang is one of the quintessential muscle cars, it fucking deserves a v8.

seeing as you owned a v6 charger, and are now planning to graduate to an even more autistic vehicle, i'd say its the perfect fag-mobile for you..

you can get a pretty gud new-edge v8 mustang for that price range, stop being a fucking retard. stop being an autistic cunt & buying cars purely on looks.

>inb4 MUH INSURANCE
>inb4 MUH GAS MILEAGE
>inb4 MOMMY & DADDY WONT LET ME
>inb4 LE NEW DESIGN IS LE COOOLER
>inb4 V6 IS MUCHO FASTER THAN VEEEEIGHT

>pic related, what you would get if you did not have several mental disabilities
>>
So long as the charger drives fine I'm sure that op will find someone to buy a 2008 RWD "Muscle car" for $2000. You can barely buy turn-of-the-millenium civic for $2000.
>>
Why would you buy a "sports" car without any of the performance benefits, OP?
Either buy an econobox or a GT Mustang
>>
>>16032599
I told you why. I don't want to pay V8 insurance. I'm used to my sluggish 2.7l. A 4.0l makes a substantial difference from what I've been driving.
>>
>>16032590
Civics command high prices (from private sellers at least) because Hondas have a reputation for being practically unkillable.

By contrast, no one with any sense is going to want an FCA shitbucket that's already effectively totaled by required repairs.

Plus, we're taking about trade-in values... no dealer is going to give up $2k for a ~2000 Civic, and OP's sure as fuck not going to get much more than scrap value for his Charger.
>>
>>16032272
How bad is the charger? Street might sell for a bit more...

Dealers around me do like 3000k for clunkers deals sometimes. Check.
>>
>>16032272
>FIVE FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A V6 MUSTANG WITH 134000 MILES
>>
>>16032775
Its pretty bad. I need front and rear driver side breaks, rotor for the front, tie rod, sway bar, and all sorts of other shit. Meineke mechanic says I shouldn't even drive it because the wheel could come off at any minute.

$2200-$3500 to repair.

The only thing it has going for it is low mileage.
>>
>>16032808
>front and rear driver side breaks, rotor for the front, tie rod, sway bar,
$200-300 in parts, if you really need them. Meineke is one of the greater cheats out there, and the fact that they are saying "driver's side brakes" make it seem even more like a scam.
>>
>>16032608
Get a civic you stupid mongo. Or pay for a V6 mustang for the next three years you cuck. You obviously know what your bull wants
>>
>>16032808
>taking your car to Meineke
>Ever

Holy shit, how young are you? You mean to tell me your pham doesn't have a go-to mechanic? Your whole family takes their shit to a tech-in-a-box?
>>
>>16032808
>incredibly basic shit
>mechanic jewing you with brakes
>3000 dollars
>undriveable
>>
>>16032843
No no no. Its not just that. There's a whole list that spans two pages of the shit that it needs. Bushings, bearings, or whatever the fuck their called. When I drive there's a loud rattle, the rotor is fucked and grinding. I can't find the sheet atm but I also got a second opinion from Riteway Motors and they said the same thing. I'm not taking it to Pep Boys because I already know they're going to be expensive.

I just want a coupe with a little more pick up then I'm used to in the landbarger.
>>
>>16032847
2/10
Shit bait faggot OP
>>
>>16033009
Whats the most unbelievable thing about my story?
>>
>>16033070
Actually thinking you need 2200-3000 dollars worth of work, this is a normalfag scenario that is not usually brought up here except to bait, especially saying fuck it to get a new car
>>
>>16032847
>not going to an independent mechanic who isn't forced to upsell
>not haggling with independent mechanic on prices of services
>not going to your independent mechanic's place later and having a beer
>not being cool with your independent mechanic's family
>not letting your independent mechanic literally fuck you in the asshole
It's like you don't even know how to take care of your car.
>>
File: 20161020_154927.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px)
20161020_154927.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Dont worry bros I test drove it and Im not impressed. It had some external and interior issues. The gear indicator was broken and had a hole in it. I couldn't even tell which gear I was in.
It just didnt feel right. I think it also had transmission issues also. When I asked the rep if there were mechanical issues he said "Our technicians have deemed it safe".

Fuck em. Theres a reason its been sitting on the lot for over a month.
>>
File: 20161020_154911.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_154911.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
I know you guys dont care but I have some more pics.
>>
>>16034182
You are 20x better than most people on /o/. You didnt buy it and then realize its shitty points. you were smart enough to find the crappy parts out in the test drive.

Also the dodge charger might be worth fixing, its not an srt4 or what ever they are called. But you could turn a wrench and fix it for cheaper, mind you I dont know your time frame ability to fix it.
>>
File: 20161020_154945.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_154945.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20161020_154936.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_154936.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>16034200
Yeah I know its a sluggish landboat nigger car but it has sentimental value and the damn thing always comes on when I turn the key.
>>
>>16034218
>always comes on when I turn the key.

This is your answer, can better be had yes. But you could be that dude that owns a 20+ year old car in the future and love and hates you did.

Its all about your feelings.
>>
>>16032272
Why would you buy a car that is older and has more milage than the one you currently drive?

Also, what the fuck is a "front end problem"? Could you be any more non-descript?
>>
>>16034547
Basically everything in the front suspension disintegrates in the LX platform cars. Bushings, wheel bearings, ball joints, struts etc... As well as OPs needing new brakes as well.

He mentioned all of this earlier.

OP, don't buy from a used car dealership. Get a loan from your bank and buy private party.
>>
>>16032575
lmao mustang are pony cars not muscle
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.