[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a $6k budget and Im looking for a Porsche 944. Ive never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 14405721985_028d38f266_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1334px) Image search: [Google]
14405721985_028d38f266_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1334px
I have a $6k budget and Im looking for a Porsche 944.

Ive never owned one before so Im not that familiar with them. I was wondering if they would make decent daily drivers? especially in the winter as I live on the East Coast.

Also what is the best year for the naturally aspirated 944 and is it possible to get a decent one under $6k
>>
hope you can fix it for 6k lol
>>
File: 30251690446_402b56e75c_o.jpg (76KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
30251690446_402b56e75c_o.jpg
76KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>16030561
>I was wondering if they would make decent daily drivers?
No. No they wouldn't.
They're great second cars, great weekend cars, great project cars.
>>
>>16030561
as someone who had those porsches as their dream car, don't get them.

They're unreliable as fuck. There's a reason you see everyone use them for a racecar/project car/weekender but not a daily driver.

Get something else for a daily, preferrably japanese. Otherwise you're not going to get from point a to b.
>>
>>16030561
use that money to get a boxster if you want a porsche
>>
Ask on a Porsche forum. /o/ has no clue.
>>
I own one. It's dead and currently sitting on my driveway.
If you can wrench, yeah sure. If you're RICH, and can afford spending $2-4k YEARLY at a mech. Yeah sure.

Parts are not cheap and are a pain in the ass to get.

The NAs, although less maintenance heavy, aren't that powerful UNLESS you get an S or an S2 -- which I'd highly recommend.

Personally, I'm LS swapping mine. If I could go back, I'd just buy the cheapest shell I could find (barely any of them have any rust, galvanized steel) for like $500-1000 with a blown engine and throw in an LS.
>>
>>16031727
But yeah. Biggest problem for these is the motors. They have other small issues here and there but nothing catastrophic.

If you can't be bothered with a swap, go for a turbo. With a chipped ECU they make ~250 at the wheels totally stock. With mods it's not impossible to actually make decent power.

The transaxles, and the top end with the Turbo S model, will only hold 400-500whp.

>I was wondering if they would make decent daily drivers?

I still haven't answered this. Yeah, they're amazing daily drivers. Until some jackass hits it in a parking lot. Until something breaks on your 30yr engine and you need a tow.

Yeah, you could daily drive it, but I really wouldn't recommend it as your only car. Get a shitbox at least for the winter -- which with winter tires, atleast on my '84 NA, they do amazing for a rwd car in.
>>
File: 20300.jpg (35KB, 568x427px) Image search: [Google]
20300.jpg
35KB, 568x427px
>>16030561
>>
The short answer is no. They break more often than a teenage emo girls heart.
>>
>>16031869

Basically. They are relatively reliable if maintenance is done. But when things break, fuck that noise. You do not want to be wrenching on your 944 in the winter. Get a shitbox.

If you want one, get one as a second car. They are amazing cars otherwise.
>>
>wanting a FWD Porsche
>>
>>16031901
They're FR, moron.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.