[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.popularmechanics.com/sci ence/green-tech/a23417/c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: images(2).jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
7KB, 305x165px
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a23417/convert-co2-into-ethanol/

WHERE IS YOUR ALMIGHTY MUSK GOD NOW TESLA SHILLS?

It's the end of the electric car as we know it.
>>
Wee need lots of alternative fuels if we are going to bring the oil companies down a peg. It may not prove to be the big winner, but electric isnt going anywhere
>>
>>16027570
Just like it has happened many times before. These scientists are going to come up missing, and mysteriously the process blueprints are gonna "disappear"
>>
>>16027662
Lowkey I believe shit like this happens all the time
>>
>>16027662
sauce pls
>>
>>16028051
That other one i posted was trash, this one is better.

http://fuel-efficient-vehicles.org/energy-news/?page_id=787
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fischer%E2%80%93Tropsch_process

>1925
>>
File: ewwwie4.png (676KB, 921x615px) Image search: [Google]
ewwwie4.png
676KB, 921x615px
>>16028113
>carbon monoxide
>similar thing
>mfw
bruh. are you even trying. Carbon monoxide is a known ligand and very reactive. It's incredibly toxic for this reason and can easily be fixated unlike the more stable compound carbon dioxide.

You don't have as much freely available carbon monoxide compared to dioxide.
>>
>>16028162
Just break down carbon dioxide using renewable energy. Then do the same with water and synthesize a hydrocarbon chain. Boom, you've just made diesel out of air pollution and solar power.
>>
When you burn the ethanol it turns back into C02 :^)
>>
File: 1445272036821.png (271KB, 356x361px) Image search: [Google]
1445272036821.png
271KB, 356x361px
>>16028173

>make energy by pulling it out of our asses
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE2.jpg (35KB, 296x311px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE2.jpg
35KB, 296x311px
>>16028173
>>16028224
/o/ makes me want to kill myself sometimes
>>
How much energy is needed to turn CO2 into a worthwhile fuel?
>>
>>16028224
Can you not read?
>solar power
As I said the synthetization process is almost a century old, the only new thing is to use renewable energy and atmospheric carbon for it. Audi backed Sunfire out of Germany is researching the concept extensively. In theory it's a working principle, the only remaining drawbacks right now are industrial scaling and price competitiveness. The former you can engineer a solution for and the latter solving itself with the former solved and/or with fossil fuels becoming more expensive.
>>
>>16028247
Doesn't matter, you just have to harvest more of it. The solar energy reaching our planet exceeds our consumption by a factor of 20,000.
>>
File: GM BTFO.png (1MB, 628x1572px) Image search: [Google]
GM BTFO.png
1MB, 628x1572px
>>16027570
Could be worse. At least it's not like the CTS-V.
Or the camaro
Or the corvette
>>
ethanol isn't as energy dense as guzzoline, by 1/3rd.

though it has higher octane.

so to keep the MPGs the same. you have to up the compression of the engine or use a turbocharger.

still not as efficient as EVs.

still slightly carbon positive.
>>
Germans are already making synthetic diesel from CO2, this isn't news.
>>
>>16027662
are they taking a malaysia airline flight?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.