[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Car accident >Person has no insurance >How fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 9004724-large.jpg (43KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
9004724-large.jpg
43KB, 380x285px
>Car accident
>Person has no insurance
>How fucked is that person?
>>
File: 1453461902569.jpg (171KB, 1024x611px)
1453461902569.jpg
171KB, 1024x611px
much much less than for a dwi
>>
They get a ticket from the police, other party's in the wreck can use for damages. Gf's parents don't have insurance, mom ran a red light into a newer Toyota Land Cruiser. Basically in $40k of debt right now.
>>
>>16018076
/oh fuck

>$40k of debt

Can't you just settle for like 20k straight up for the damages etc... Can there be criminal charges?
>>
File: textfree956065.jpg (418KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
textfree956065.jpg
418KB, 4000x2250px
What a nutty night

My brother got in a wreck, another driver is essentially at fault smashed into my brother and my brothers car smashed into another vehicle

my brother doesn't have insurance though, iddiot is trying to buy insurance right now. but it doesnt work that way

the dude at fault drove off, hit and run
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
All I can tell you is what happened to me here in Texas. I was rear ended by a driver with no insurance, but luckily had "uninsured driver coverage", so I paid a $250 deductable and MY insurance fixed my truck for me.
My insurance then sued the other driver for damages AND my deductible. If the insurance company wins the case and collects on the debt I will get refunded the deductible.

The police also wrote the other driver a large ticket. Like 500+ large.
>>
>>16018083
Sounds like a court decision, so there isn't anyway of settling down. No insurance does mean an extra ticket that could lead to a suspended license. There would only be jail if the person also didn't have a license.
>>
>>16018380
Doesn't CA have a law that he can't sue the other driver because he has no insurance? Or if he can sue, he can only sue for direct damage to the car itself?
>>
>>16018083
Why would they settle for less? Their insurance company wants to cover not only the costs of the damaged cars, medical inspection for possible injury, towing, and comp the work time lost, but also the lawyer time and case handling fees. Around here, if fluids leak, there is a hazardous waste disposal charge the guilty party has to pay. It all adds up. So why should they settle for less than break even on the expenses?

The guilty person is lucky they don't have any drugs or incriminating stuff in the car that can cause a search warrant to be issued for their house.
>>
File: 1451268421351.jpg (63KB, 502x508px) Image search: [Google]
1451268421351.jpg
63KB, 502x508px
>>16018440
Sounds like a sweet deal.
>>
>>16018486
> suspended license

He's fucked if that happens, he has a job and is in his early 20s. If they take the car/license he is fucked. Damn life is a bitch sometimes, at 23 years old he should probably get his shit together
>>
>michigan
>no fault state
>driver without insurance likely to get slap on wrist
>my insurance rates go up when I get rear ended at light
fuck this place
>>
>>16018083
>Can't you just settle for like 20k straight up for the damages
You can settle for whatever the party you're indebted to will settle for. It may be the person you hit or that person may have uninsured motorist coverage in which case you would owe their insurance company which would be much more willing and able to settle.
>>
>>16018543
what ?
even if he does damage ? he doesn't have to pay ?
>>
>>16018555
In a no fault state everyone is expected to carry enough insurance to cover any damages their car (or body) may suffer in an accident, regardless of the nature of the accident. It's basically communism.
>>
>>16018567
>>16018555
bonus
if an uninsured driver causes an accident and sustains injury
MY INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT
it is an absolute nightmare and we have some of the highest rates in the country (highest based on income per capita)
>>
Wew for once italy got things right , basicly here there is like a compensation fund made for victims of the road without insurance or pirates of the road , and also accidents involving cars without insurance , so they pay you
>>
>>16018762
io pago tua mamma per il sesso
>>
>>16018567

Pretty sure that's not how a no fault state works. No fault is for things that happen in parking lots. Fault can absolutely be determined on the road.

Source: I live in a no fault state and have had people hit me in a parking lot.
>>
>>16018021
not fucked at all, and probably end up better for it. They just file for bankruptcy and walk away.

meanwhile, if you don't have uninsured motorist insurance, you get fucked and have to pay for everything.
>>
>>16018021
>tfw two dash cams
feels good man
>>
>>16018440
>My insurance then sued the other driver for damages AND my deductible

They'll also charge him the legal fees and the court fees too. That will be larger than the cost of the car repair. So that guy who didn't have insurance really lost his gamble. It's amazing he didn't hit and run. Over here, it is 100% hit and run if they think they can get away with it. Almost no one stays unless there are witnesses that make them too nervous to run off.
>>
>>16018380
he's a dipshit, they're going to want a police report when he reports that claim.
>>
>>16018440
Hope the lawsuit turns out well for you. Nice truck BTW
>>
>>16019254
So drive it out to the street, call the cops, report a hit and run after you've got insurance, then make the claim. it's as easy as that
>>
>>16018503
Always carry uninsured/underinsured, I don't think the state minimum would cover many of my vehicles at total loss, and definitely not with medical
>>
>>16019349
Yeah, that's airtight alright.
>>
>>16019349
>report a hit and run after you've got insurance
man you would need balls of steel to bullshit like that or do insurance companies in your area just not get a lot of insurance fraud
>>
>>16019254
>he's a dipshit,

well thats true

he has roughly 25+k saved up, i think he will lose it all because he doesn't have insurance
>>
File: 1402696231001.jpg (93KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
1402696231001.jpg
93KB, 581x593px
>Americans have to insure themselves against uninsured people
>>
>>16021026
Eurocucks are FORCED to be insured.
god i hate this nazi shithole i want my american freedom
>>
>>16021038
Yeah well at least I don't have to waste my time dragging someone to court after I've been the victim of someone else's car accident.

Also unless you're an utter newb, rates aren't that much different from the US for comparable coverage. The US only seem cheaper because people there often cheap out on insurance and only get the minimum or none at all.
>>
>>16019349
Did the airbag already deploy? The cops will know something is up. If you've got traffic cameras you'll be even more fucked because they won't see any smashed cars driving around other than his, and there will be no debris from the other supposedly wrecked vehicle.
>>
>>16021047
What do you pay monthly over there?
>>
>>16018440
i got a boner just reading that.
i got a bigger boner looking at your truck.
>>
>>16021152
Currently it's around $45 for liability, theft, vandalism, fire, weather and animal collisions on my 2009 Toyota, but I don't have a very good no claims bonus yet, it'll sink further. Realistically the only thing I'd have to pay out my own pocket is damage I cause myself.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.