[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will people here do when self driving cars are fully established

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1668.jpg (174KB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1668.jpg
174KB, 1440x800px
What will people here do when self driving cars are fully established and individuals who manually drive are vilified outcasts of society for putting others in danger for their own pleasure?
>>
>>16015568
Sabotage self driving software to turn the publics opinion for the sake of personal freedom and prevent requirement of self driving car(?)
>>
File: driverless_cars.png (88KB, 597x404px) Image search: [Google]
driverless_cars.png
88KB, 597x404px
Read this story again and cry.
>>
>>16015568
>others' safety
>hasn't seen self driving trolley problem memes
It goes it goes it goes:
If a vehicle is about to hit an accident, does it hit the wall to kill or maim driver or hit the minivan carrying 5 people beside you and potentially kill them instead?

OP, here's another question: what will you be doing when the sun is enveloping the earth and about to die?
>>
>>16015593
Or listen to "Red Barchetta" instead.
>>
>>16015568
I'll just have fun with my (still manually driven) bike.
>>
>>16015609
or read the short story its based on.
>>
>>16015568
>self driving ever existing outside of a taxi service in cities.
>>
I would be scared of the NSA's ability to gain access to my car remotely and steer it off a cliff since (according to the NSA) linux is a red flag for a potential terrorist threat
>>
File: 1A.jpg (29KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
1A.jpg
29KB, 480x288px
>>16015593
NO
>>
File: google-car-640x370.png (372KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
google-car-640x370.png
372KB, 640x370px
I've seen horrible car designs before, but those folks at google have put no effort into it's aesthetics, I can't expect someone to unironically like them.

>>16015828
>implying people will give up shitboxes that easy
'round here people still use carriages, especially in the rural parts. In cities you might spot a few especially in winter when they will try to sell you fire wood, I think in around 2005 or 2007 they wanted to pass a law that would ban the use of carriages and horses on public roads, but it never happened.
If they didn't give up their horses, I don't expect the rest of the population to give up their cars, most possible scenario would be to make self-driving cars overbreed the human-driving ones and let the latter slowly die away.
>>
>>16016004
No, that's what I'm saying, it won't exist outside of cities.
>>
>>16015568
/o/ - /outlaws/
Plus, regular crossboarding with /g/ to deal with electronic-filled manually driven EVs.
>>
Think about it;
In the future, there will be no over-aggressive retards because they'll all be forced into self-drivers

And the only combustion vehicles that remain will be for enthusiasts

Every car with a real engine will be designed explicitly for driving pleasure, nothing else

I look forward to the future
>>
>>16016023
fucking most people are in sububia
>>
>>16015623
>implying bikes won't become illegal because they are "too unpredictable, put the rider in constant danger, unsafe for pedestrians, obsolete compared to the self-driving car"
Mark my words, bike enthusiasts should invest in a house in Cambodia or Vietnam to travel or retire. It's dirt-cheap and bikes are so vital and integral to everybody's life at this point in these places, no amount of subsidized automobiles will make people stop using them.
>>
>>16016046
>Every car with a real engine will be designed explicitly for driving pleasure, nothing else
>ythere will only be sporty cars, offroaders and supercars
>there will only be the expensive vehicules that are currently being changed to fit their new market base of russian oligarchs, arab oil princes and chinese expatriates
So the only escape from cancer will be AIDS.
woooo
>>
>>16016064
>not saving up your whole life for a supercar you can rip around in when you're retired
>>
>>16016059
This. When the western world illegalises what you care about, leave the western world. If you speak English you have a job.
>>
>>16015597
>If a vehicle is about to hit an accident, does it hit the wall to kill or maim driver or hit the minivan carrying 5 people beside you and potentially kill them instead?
This is pretty obvious t.b.h, the car should always prioritize the safety of its occupants over anything else. Who the fuck would buy a car that could decide to kill you to save someone else?
>>
>>16015568
Load my car with enough ECM to make a EA-6B blush and found the spiritual successor to the Mid Night Club. It'll be a lot like >>16015593 only with spread spectrum jamming to survive the police kill drones.
>>
>>16015568
>vilified outcasts of society
Nothing changes
>>
>>16015568
>What will people here do when self driving cars are fully established
They will be scratching the inside of their coffin lids.
>>
>>16019289
I say that every time this is brought up, but autists dont seem to understand. There's always the shares suicide that killing a buyer of the product would be
>>
>>16016059
by the time that's an issue, pedestrians will be safe behind fences and guard blocks that would shred motorcyclists due to infrastructure development

and the US still wouldn't have public health care, so risk to self wouldn't even have economists concerned.

when you get on a bike you choose to take the risk. you are not forced by society's designs to use a risky vehicle. you could have took the self driving car. your death is your own fault, and your injuries are at the cost of your own insurance. you are unlikely to harm anyone but yourself.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (29KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
29KB, 600x630px
>>16019686
>>
All it would take for people to turn against self driving cars is a series of high profile public figures being kidnapped and held for ransom because the kidnappers hacked into the self driving car and changed the destination to a field or some shit like that.
It might not even need to be a high profile public figure, a few kids would work as well.

Of cource this isn't just limited to kidnapping, it's feasible for a hacked into self driving car to murder it's occupants via ramming to something hard enough. Say nothing of smucking a few pedestrians.

Also, due to the nature of cyber crimes, finding and catching the hacker might be impossible as they could be in another country.

>ransomeware on a self driving car...
>now holding you hostage until you pay up in your own car.

Automakers need to understand that by making cars more connected to the world, they are openning up the their vehicles to all sorts of security risks. They will long longer be able to just design the car and build it, and supply parts, but also have to update firmwares and software's as new exploits are discovered. I don't think they are ready for that yet, despite what they may think.
>>
>>16019232
But what will the good places for cars be?
The few stable places in Africa seem like heaven for off-roading (see Botswana, Namibia, rural South-Africa), but where can one retreat to enjoy good roads and tracks that won't be forced to die because "muh safety"
>inb4 some clueless weeb says "Japan", completely disregarding taxes, regulations, government incentives and everything else
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>16015593
This will be ME
i swear to god
Video semi related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFXjTSQGDQ
>>
track days. Driving on the streets isn't that great. Yeah we love to have initial D fantasies, but no one actually does that.
>>
>>16020189
>hundreds a day
>+thousands invested in safety equipment
>>
I will literally move to Russia.
>>
>>16020189
>it's not so bad anon, you can still enjoy your freedom a few days a year if you pay us thousands of dollars for it :^)
Aaron please
>>
>>16020189
>He doesn't go out late and night and rip fat skids on the empty roads while jamming to eurobeat
>>
File: thanks gorbachev.jpg (217KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
thanks gorbachev.jpg
217KB, 1366x768px
>>16020226
Have fun brer
>>
>>16015593
>miata
good riddance. Ill pick the google car over those faggy garbagebox
>>
File: MadMax-Fury-Road.jpg (174KB, 1440x798px) Image search: [Google]
MadMax-Fury-Road.jpg
174KB, 1440x798px
>>16015568
>implying that will ever happen in Australia
As fuel becomes less common the country will devolve into chaos as bogans search far and wide for petrol for their skid rigs, soon they will rob and murder people for their cars just so they can do some sikk skids, it will continue like this until only the bogans are left and the country is more or less broken.

Kinda like what happened in the mad max universe.
>>
>>16020319
>google french road
>it's full of dead bodies
>>
>>16020319
Are those scenes from Spintires?
>>
>>16020319
>/r/cars
b8
>>
>>16020619
>how to take a screenshot
>shitting dick nipples
gee, but it was /r/cars that triggered you? Don't you know it's a fucking tradition on this site to have inane tabs when you take browser screenshots?
>>
>>16020629
oh I guess you're retarded, not just pretending
>>
the less driving, the more opportunity to fondle your sister
>>
File: 1458192132935.jpg (73KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458192132935.jpg
73KB, 750x600px
>>16015597
>If a vehicle is about to hit an accident, does it hit the wall to kill or maim driver or hit the minivan carrying 5 people beside you and potentially kill them instead?

woah, dude
that's, like, such an ORIGINAL and CREATIVE question that has NEVER, EVER, EVER been posted in ANY self-driving car thread
we got ourselves a fucking top-tier philosopher right here, only the top 1% of enlightened individuals could ask such an eloquent and deeply thought question
>>
>>16020619
congratulations you can spot...

wait, is this post metabait?
>>
File: deliverytruck.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
deliverytruck.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
>>16015568
Not gonna stop me from delivering my crops to community produce markets and driving my truck down a long rural road to the next city. Please don't take my fun away.
>>
>>16015839

well im screwed then
>>
>>16015593

not a miata, more like 80s chevy half ton!
>>
>>16021565
>>16021724
worse case scenario: self driving pickup trucks
>>
>>16015568
get a cheap motorcycle.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.