[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britfag here I've been given a car by my grandmother (Kia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Britfag here

I've been given a car by my grandmother (Kia Picanto 2009). Its a granny car and I'm never going to drive it so I figured I should try and sell it privately. Its got literally 8,000 miles on it after 7 years and is pretty much perfect condition other than a few scuffs on front bumper.

How much of a selling point is a ridiculously low mileage? I'm going to get 12 months MOT done as another selling point.

I basically just need advice for selling a car privately and then buying my first car with the proceeds. I don't want to trade in if I can help it as I will get much less and I think the car is perfect for a first time young driver so should sell.

Also, recommendations for used car around £2000 which is cheap to insure?
>>
>>16009443
import a twingo.
>>
>>16009443
Too late you've already got your first car. Cherry popped, sorry it wasn't the Miata of your dreams but you don't get you're hymen back.

Also you don't ask a perfectly good car from your grams when you're a penniless shit with no idea what you're doing. You're going to lose and lose hard. Spend some money on osg and thank your grammy you ungrateful millennial shit.
>>
You fucking delusioned boomer

When did he say that he never thanked his nan? When did he say that he expected a miata or whatnot like over the pond?

I doubt that his nan would be angry that he sold the car, it's not a family treasure, it's a little kia that she gave to him knowing that he could sell it

Anyways OP I doubt you'll get a lot on it, these depreciate like hell
>>
>>16010002
meant for >>16009458
>>
>>16010002
>>16009458

OP here

My nan gave me the car due to being incapacitated and her insurance going through the roof (she's in her damn 80s). I was extremely grateful and will now be able to take her to hospital appointments etc whenever she needs me to.

I've seen dealers listing them between 2500-3000 for the same year (09). If I can get 2250 from a private sale I'll be happy, a dealer will barely clear 1500 I reckon
>>
>>16009443
How much you selling it for?

Where are you located? I'm in the market for a cheap DD shitbox to run to work and back
>>
>>16010244
Then you'll have 2250 in your pocket, which won't buy you shit worth owning.
>>
>>16010762
You're an idiot. You can get awesome stuff for that. Fuck off you triggered petty shitstain
>>
>>16009458
Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>16009443
Have you got the car listed on ebay or Autotrader somewhere?
>>
>>16010773
What's it like being poor?
>>
>>16009443
Just keep it, they are good little cars, get great mileage and parts are cheap. Drive it for a couple of years until you've saved up more money for something nice and your insurance goes down. Because after all, it's a free car and apart from being small, cheap and slow, it's practically brand new. Enjoy your first car and don't listen to what your friends with Astras and Golfs say.
>>
>>16009443

get yourself a suzuki swift sport and then black box it for now you can get one if you look hard for about £2500 and the insurance on it is cheap.

if you cant get the sport go for the non vvti version i guess

nan can ride in style and comfort

>inb4 hurr durr nur like divent fall for suzuki gook meme get a ford
>>
>>16009443
>Also, recommendations for used car around £2000 which is cheap to insure?

I'm assuming because you ask this you're young, i.e. 20 or younger. Play it cunning and look up cars that are driven sensibly. A 3 series or Golf will likely cost you 2x to insure as a Jag X Type or 5 series. You don't necessarily have to have a piece of shit car just because you are young.

Best example is that right now I can get insured on a 370bhp Jag XJ for 1500, where as my cheapest quote for a BMW M3 is 16000.
>>
>>16010762
>not adding another 3000 and get a merc s class so he can transport his granny in style and comfort.
>>
>>16011815

>falling for the gook meme

Suzukis are trash tier

Get a ford fiesta or something like every other 20 year old, they are popular for a reason
>>
Drive that thing like a fucking maniac for 3 years then sell it with <50k on the odo.

My grandma never gave me crap. I would have loved her old Saturn. I thought those automatic seatbelts were cool as fuck man.
>>
>>16011931
>spending 5250 on a car (any currency)

Is everyone on this board unemployed?
>>
>>16009455
Burger here

2 more years and I'll be living the dream
>>
>>16009443
Honestly if a car is in really good condition and OP is poor enough not to be able buy new car or buy a car that is remarkable upgrade to his current one, selling Kia Picanto is stupid idea. If it works, don't change it. I assume OP is some young ass, just be happy with your picanto, it's not a bad car, once you've owned car which requires lot of maintenance you relize what a blessing that little non-problematic picanto is.
>>
>be brit, 19
>people always tell me "oh anon get a volvo insurance is cheap on those :^)
>Find a nice one for 450 quid, excellent conidtion
>19,000 fucking GPB for insurance
Why even bother having something other than a shitbox in this country.
>>
>>16009443
Sell it to webuyanycar lmao
>>
>>16011784

OP here

Its too small, man. I would keep it if I could as its so cheap to run (£30 a year tax lol) But honestly, I'm 6'2 and feel really cramped in the front. Also, the pedals feel light and flimsy as fuck and being size 12s and used to getting my foot down, its hardly a smooth drive for me. It just doesn't feel right, it hasn't even got central locking.

Also everyone assuming I'm a teen. I am 30, only learned to drive 3 years ago. I've been a named driver on my moms car since then but don't have any No Claims Discount as a result so insurance is still fairly expensive on a lot of cars.

I'm thinking try and sell it privately for around 2250, get myself a Corsa, Focus, 206, something basic. Ideally I'd just take it to a dealer to save all the hassle but I'm not going to get fuck all for it that way
>>
>>16014953
You are full of shit or you quoted an XC90 T8 or V60 Polestar at fully comp with no excess for SDPC at 50k mpa
>>
>>16015061
Op, is the car listed on Autotrader or eBay, I might actually be interested in this.

Where abouts in the UK are you?
>>
Man its nice not being a eurocuck.

1: I don't think there is a vehicle that new and low miles as ops that is only worth 2-3k.

2: sure is nice being able to have much better vehicles, insurance, and driving at a younger age.

3: don't have to to see pathetic vehicles that are supposed to be cars while basically beino covered mopeds like ops pic.
>>
>>16015189
>Settling for anything less than a Polestar
why live
>>
>>16009443
Oh for fuck's sake, you're never going to afford a decent car for your first car. Not with insurance.

Drive the little shitty econobox; it's worth a grand AT MOST because it's a Kia, and a small one at that.
Don't crash it, you won't survive.
>>
my first car was a ford ka
it was a shitbox, but it was my shitbox
i drove it like a maniac, and loved it dearly.
>>
>>16015306
First car is always a great experience, whatever the car is. Mine was a 1.2 Fiesta, it was a slow shitbox, but it was my slow shitbox.

I still regret selling it.
>>
>>16015278

Its worth double at least from private sale. Webuyanycar were offering 1700 ffs
>>
>>16015393
They are offering 1700 but you'll be lucky to get a grand for it. Trust me, I work for them as a buyer.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.