[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got my first memeobile standard car. It's been two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: emergency-brake-1[1].jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
emergency-brake-1[1].jpg
42KB, 400x300px
Just got my first memeobile standard car. It's been two weeks and I'm getting a little more comfortable daily driving it. But I stalled a few times today because I panicked after rolling back on a small incline at the bank. I rarely have to deal with hills in South Carolina, and I don't really have anywhere to practice hill starts unless I sneak into a parking garage or something late at night.

Kind of like the tachometer, after driving auto for 15 years I've never used the handbrake until I got this car.

Any tips?
>>
>Any tips?

pull it, stand still.
release it, start going
>>
File: eaten alive clawhauser.jpg (42KB, 573x483px) Image search: [Google]
eaten alive clawhauser.jpg
42KB, 573x483px
no tips, just a simple sequence of events to remember.

1. Handbrake on

2. fast idle, keep the engine revving at a constant 2-3,000 RPM (depends on the vehicle obviously). This stays constant and doesn't change.

3. Get the clutch to biting point, this is the point where the clutch begins to send torque to the actual wheels, you will know this is happening when with the engine revs dip a little bit, hold this.

4. slowly release handbrake

5. slowly release clutch.

It's that simple, just practice that sequence and you'll have it in 5 minutes.

Brake on, fast idle, biting point, release brake, fully release clutch.
>>
>>16009284
>I've never used the handbrake
Fucking Americans, I hope you get run over by your own fucking car like that Star Trek actor.
>>
>>16009321
Thanks, I'll try this. Can I do it on a flat surface or should I go searching for a hill? Every time I have the handbrake up and drop the clutch it stalls but I think that's how it should be and I shouldn't be releasing the clutch at all...
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 168x168px
>>16009284
1 don't use the handbrake
2 find a fucking hill
3 no seriously do you even drive you don't live in fucking Kansas there vs to be a back road or parking lot with a slope
4 practice not only starting but holding your shitbox in place as gently as possible

Inb4 all the no cars are like omg you'll burn your clutch to shit

Also go back to square one and practice flat parking lot starts without touching the gas pedal
>>
>>16009414
no, that's the point of the "biting point" stage, the clutch will be semi-depressed, slipping so that you're still sending power to the wheels (what's going to stop you rolling back) but not fully "dropped" where you'll stall.

You can practice this on flat (again, just wait until you hear the revs slightly drop when releasing the clutch and that's the point you want to hold when releasing the brake)

but I would suggest just going out to a hill and practicing it one night because if you follow those steps exactly it'll take one night to learn forever.
>>
>>16009321
What the fuck is it with o and handbrake shit, I drive stick for twenty years and never once did handbrake start. Fucking op can't even find a hill and you're still shilling this shit like the meme it is. Good I fucking hate otists
>>
>>16009321
You don't like your clutch huh?
1000-1200 rpm is good enough to get going on a hill. You could do it at idle too.
>>
>>16009421
Or, or do the exact same thing without using the handbrake as a crutch
>>
>>16009284
I've never used the e brake to do hill starts so you shouldn't either. Git gud faggot.
>>
>>16009427
as usual it depends on your cars and the type of hill.
>>
>>16009453
I'm not perfect with my grab point yet. It usually doesn't matter on a flat surface with a little gas I can get moving pretty easily, but on hills I can't do it slowly to feel it out. I'd like to learn the handbrake a little better since it's supposed to be used for these circumstances.

>>16009421
Thanks again, I'll try to find a little hill. Everything's so flat near the coast except for some highway onramps.
>>
Where you from SCbro? NE Columbia reporting in
>>
>>16009670
Myrtle beach bro. Plenty of hills in columbia...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.