[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are European cars considered /premium (Mercedes, Audi, bmw,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Newsreaderprofile.jpg (196KB, 1087x619px) Image search: [Google]
Newsreaderprofile.jpg
196KB, 1087x619px
Why are European cars considered /premium (Mercedes, Audi, bmw, vw etc) when most people acknowledge that they have reliability issues.

how is something premium when they constantly have shit going wrong with them and most complain about them being major headaches?
>>
When new and under warranty they are extremely good. But once waranty runs out shits expensive. Germans are mechanical masters, but that mastery comes with a cost.

For example, my 2015 diesel BMW needed 1 injector replaced. So they replace all 4 to avoid issues, that was over 2400€.. Covered by warranty.

Also they are equipped with all sorts of fancy shit. German cars are the best cars, so long as they are covered by warranty.
>>
>>16005855
I'm not sure what happens to German brands when they end up on North American shores but they don't have nearly as many horror stories as you lot have.
>>
>>16005855
Brand recognition.
That's it.
>>
>>16005867
Americans don't maintain cars. And I don't mean that in the "they forget to do the 50k mile service"" way. I mean it in the LMAO, why would I buy new tires when these hold air?, and this car has oil in it already so it NEVER needs replacing way.
>>
The only ones who think European cars are "premium" vehicles are poor Americans, Niggers, and Muslims.

No one else cares.
>>
File: 1466157399059.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466157399059.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
They are considered premium because they are expensive to maintain (in usa),it just shows that you have enough money to spend on stuff that in the end dosn't really matter.Funny thing is that in europe american cars are seen as the unreliable ones,only difference is that not a cool thing to have one.
>>
>>16005891
I suppose that would go for the large majority of plebs in NA who buy these brands.

>>16005922
Is that E36 shooped? Makes the E46 look positively obese.
>>
>>16005936
The angles may intensify the difference, but e36s are quite small cars compared to the lot today. My M3 is most often the smallest car in any given space.
>>
>>16005855

they have nicer interiors are the parts are more expensive
>>
It's just how manufacturing works my guy. I own a BMW so that's the only one I can speak to from experience but they make a lot of decisions which incur heavy costs for user experience. I don't think they're any less reliable, they're just much more expensive to maintain. For example the straight six in the e9x is a huge pain in the ass to work on but no layout besides a flat 6 or v12 gives you that silky smooth profile up through redline.
>>
>>16005855
How can American cars be premium when they have fisher price interiors, are pigfat, built worse than fiats and are consistently beaten by international competition. How can japanese cars be premium when the interiors of the most expensive still use 90% of the shit found on a nissan micra?
>>
>replying to this stale pasta
>>
America shit the bed in the 1980's with badge-engineered garbage like the cimarron

Japan had no game at all until the 1990s
>>
>>16005891
can vouch for this

Americans are retarded when it comes to cars
>>
>>16005855
>premium
>vw
>>
>Working on a BMW from 2006
>My 1990 Car had better designed parts
>Res tank had cracked on it
>Cracked the new one trying to put it in
>Gave up and puttied it
>Has held up ever since 2012 to a month ago when I sold it to some man of former yugoslavian descent
>>
>>16009203
why do you blame the car for the res tank breaking when you broke it yourself

seems unfair scoobs
>>
Maybe Germans should stop using plastic shit that break.

https://youtu.be/_vqAbKtLfws
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.