[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /o/, about to buy a pressure washer to quickly w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 812FgeL8XRL._SL1500_.jpg (139KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
812FgeL8XRL._SL1500_.jpg
139KB, 1500x1500px
Help me out /o/, about to buy a pressure washer to quickly wash my cars, have been looking at this one is it any good?does it have all the necessary tools? My budget is about 150 bucks.
>https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-Pressure-14-5-Amp-Electric/dp/B00CPGMUXW/ref=vsbg_prssr_w_544477_sr/155-6418120-7329637?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1476565460&sr=1-1
>>
>>16005604
I've had great success with the one from HF. It can be had for $90 with coupon.

Costco also sells a nice gas powered washer, Its around $240 and is amazing. Would highly recommend that one.
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>
>>16005612
>Costco also sells a nice gas powered washer, Its around $240 and is amazing. Would highly recommend that one.
that's too much, why do i specifically need gas
>>
File: PowerstrokePressureWasherReal.jpg (155KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
PowerstrokePressureWasherReal.jpg
155KB, 550x600px
>>16005626
More power, more mobility, no power cord to worry about, and drag along.
Overall its a better pressure washer
>>
File: eqp300banner1[1].jpg (29KB, 408x300px) Image search: [Google]
eqp300banner1[1].jpg
29KB, 408x300px
you really don't need a gas one for car washing
also get a foam cannon like this
https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4

and some of that chemical guys honeydew soap

makes your car look like this during the soaping phase of your wash
>>
>>16005661
>you really don't need a gas one for car washing
car washing no, but assuming you have a driveway, and/or a garage and a house you own, its great for removing oil stains, and just general washing of everything else
>>
>>16005674
true, gas ones tend to cost a decent bit more though, and are often more trouble to keep around
electric ones are just plug and play and really small
>>
Fuck off sunjoe viral marketing cunts.
You dirty fucking niggers.
>>
>>16005604
I bought one of those small ryobi pressure washers refurbished. It was pretty cheap and works fine for this.

Don't spend a lot for a foam gun because as far as I can tell they are all the same.
>Made in china
I have the cheap one from amazon and looks just like the one chemical guys sells for way more minus a cool sticker.

At first I thought you need special soap but you will go through it pretty quick. So I used meguiars gold class soap and it made plenty of foam.
>That shit should be /o/'s favorite because it smells like cheap cologne

Did it make washing my car easier? No
>Its pretty much get all of that shit out of the shed.
>Get the extension cord.
>Foam the car and let it dwell for a few minutes
>Rinse.
>Then do a normal wash and rinse
>Dry the car.
>Put everything away
>>
>>16006145

Putting it away is the worst.

No need to faff about with extension cord with a petrol one.
Just wheel it back into the shed.

Had one of those Yellow Karcher things. 1.3 gpm and 1500psi. Was more than enough for a car.
So for anyone considering a jet washer no need to worry about psi and all that garbage.
>>
>>16006145
but if you keep car clean you wont need to go past spraying soap on and rinsing off with water
>>
>>16005640
Maybe for a house, but for a car you don't need that much power. So as long as op finds a reliable pressure washer from a good brand, he's fine. Find some low power industrial shit, dewalt or something.
>>
File: mierda.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
mierda.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>16006145
I bought a better spray head and a foam cannon and neither of them fit with the stupid ass hose that came with the electric pressure washer I have. granted, I got the pressure washer for free, but its still aggravating as fuck that they didnt use the standard size.
>>
>>16005661
I never understood this. What does a foam gun do, what makes the car washing process better?
>>
>>16007320
Soap removes buildup with foam and bubbles leading to a very easy rinse reducing work needed to fully clean a car. Kind of like soaking dishes before washing it completely, loosening up dirt, grime, and oil. And just like that other fellow said, if you keep it clean, just foam and rinse is more than enough for it to stay clean.
>>
>>16007306
Every manufacturer has their own size.
You could still get an adapter if you wish.
>>
>>16005604
I bought the model without the soap switch and...It's underwhelming. I'd rather have my$110 Wal-Mart special back desu.
>>
You don't need high pressure to wash your car beyond the first rinse. If you do your final rinse or any in-between rinses with a high pressure hose you are worse than a nigger
>>
>>16008653
rinsing with a pressure washer makes it soooo much easier to dry
>>
File: spraynozzlefanchart.gif (14KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
spraynozzlefanchart.gif
14KB, 300x205px
>>16008653
You realize that pressure washers have a controllable nozzle. You can fan the water, and have nice coverage to remove the soap.
>>
>>16005604
that pic of the washer looks like a little soldier
>>
>>16008704
Can't unsee
>>
>>16008697
How do you use the low pressure?
>>
>>16008704

This was my first thought.

I fucking bet the designers did this on purpose to kind of make the product likeable despite being just a tool to use.
>>
>>16010720
By installing the tip...
>>
>>16010756
I understand that, but how do you use it in washing cars?
>>
>>16010764
its "low" pressure compared to the high pressure stream. Its a fan of water, its great for washing off soap, or just watering up the car.

High pressure shit like that is probably bad for the paint, but great for removing oil stains off your driveway, or washing off the engien bay covered in oil, and grease.
>>
>>16011250
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I was planning on cleaning the mud and the garage floors. I heard that the high pressure is not that bad if you use it in the cars, I have a friend who does detailing work but he told me that the best place to use it was on a covered area.
>>
>>16011321
Gas powered pressure washers are a pain for automotive cleaning.

I use my electric washer far more often than my gas powered pressure washer.

Originally purchased the Simpson pressure washer, a gas powered 3000psi unit, to do the siding on the house and for automotive use. Although it works wonders, I hardly use it.

The Honda motor on the gas unit can be finicky if I use regular pump gas as well. Usually have to go to the marina, which is kind of a pain in the ass

As for the Karcher, a 2,000psi electric unit, I find myself using it quite often. I just like the fact it's on when I pull handle back and off when I'm done with it. Originally used a 100' 12-3 extension cord, but it turned out to be more of a hassle than it was worth. Ended up putting a gfi outlet outside on a post near my driveway specifically for the unit.

Paid $400 for the Simpson and $250 for the Karcher. Probably have $400 worth of extras to utilize the Karcher the way I wanted to though.
>Originally bought a 25' extension cord, was a PITA to coil up when I was done
>Eventually dug up the ground and ran wire to an exterior power station I put in, specifically for the pressure washer
>>
>>16011410
Sounds good. Thanks for the advice man. I will keep that in mind.
>>
>>16011410
Why is using the gas more of a hassle?
What's wrong with pump gas? Is it cause there is Ethanol?
>>
>>16011459
That might be it. Probably because unlike cars, gas in the washer might stay there a long time compared to cars which may cause water to build up inside.
>>
>>16011459
Acquiring fuel is one of my number one complaints. I have small motors that don't mind pump fuel and some that act finicky if it isn't ethanol free; the Honda engine is one that acts up. I switched to ethanol free and haven't had an issue since. The Briggs on my rider doesn't care what I use.

When I'm doing automotive cleaning I tend to have a lot of stop and go moments. When I'm using the gas PW I tend to have it just idling in the background and I'll have to move the throttle down or power it off. Sometimes I'll just let it run wide open while I do whatever it is I'm doing. It's also quite noisy. You can forget about having a conversation.

Starting procedure involves holding the valve open and giving it a good pull. This isn't difficult by any means, but it becomes tedious. It's the reason I let it idle.

It isn't maintenance free. I don't like checking oil or adding fuel immediately before starting a cleaning procedure. Someday it'll need a tune-up.

Hot! Although it doesn't take long to cool off, the spot I store the PW in isn't ideal for hot equipment.

This is my fault, but I don't need a lot of water when cleaning. The GPM in comparison is drastic.

I bought it for siding and automotive use. I know it'll still run in 5-10 years. I know parts will always be available.

It's just a matter of convenience. I can roll the electric washer out, hook it up, and go. I fear the day the electric one pukes on me. The on/off is probably my most enjoyed featured. It's quiet. I don't have to make a fuel run before use. I don't have to do anything dirty before use.

They're both lightweight and easily maneuverable. If I was to take a PW somewhere I'd take the gas as I don't have to worry about where I'll be plugging it in.

Recap
>Fuel
>No good start & go method, noisy
>Requires maintenance
>Can't immediately shove it back into storage
>GPM is impressive, however in a bad way
>>
>>16007320
It looks cool and is fun as fuck, plus it pisses people off that walk past when they get a face full of soap.

It doesn't really help wash your car though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.