[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the matter with germans premium cars lately? They started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: carsausage.jpg (307KB, 1671x1007px) Image search: [Google]
carsausage.jpg
307KB, 1671x1007px
Whats the matter with germans premium cars lately?

They started to all look the same.

BMW has a little bit differentiation left with the 1 and 3 series. I didnt include the 6 Series since I wanted to compare the big volume models.

Plus I chose the A7 over the A8 on purpose, since we actually dont know how the new A8 will really look like.
>>
>>16004412
EU safety plus pic related
>>
"Corporate styling", they want their cars to be instantly recognizeable as one of their brand. The easiest way to do this is to make them all look the same.
They've done similar things for a long time, with their signature grille designs. They're just taking it a step further nowadays.
>>
autismo
>>
Read up on BMW's or Audi's model history, that similar styling thing has been around for decades.
(E30, E34, E32)
>>
Read up on BMW's or Audi's model history, that similar styling thing has been around for decades.
(E30, E34, E32)
>>
Design homogeneity brings better design to all levels. It is quite different from American automotive approach, which is to have the price reflect the design. By making good design available to all, one can then focus on improving other aspects of the automobile.
>>
>>16004551
During Chris Bangles era, he brought some diversity between the various models.

The infamous 7 (and 6 series) was designed by Adrian van Hooydonk. Chris Bangle was just the head of design for the BMW group during that time. So everybody blamed him.
>>
>>16004412
Their primary market is now recently industrialized (or reindustrialized) countries like China, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Indonesia and India. The goal of these vehicles is no longer performance or unique products. In these nations the primary goal of owning a luxury car is to signal wealth and power. The goal is to illustrate that the owner and their business is wealthy and successful and should be feared/respected. To drive this point home, these vehicles must be rapidly and easily identified. Creating a common design language is a simple effective way to due this. The size or power of the vehicle is only a secondary feature, much as dick size is only a secondary factor after ego & success in human reproductive selection.
>>
>why don't they come up with a new design for everything they make
stupid question. not to mention it's always been that way.
>>
>>16004412
I'd never buy a german car. And after all this pro refugee shit they mainly by mercedes, I'm even more sure than ever.
>>
>Audi
Same grill
Same headlights
Same taillights
>Mercedes
Different grill
Similar headlights
Different taillights
>BMW
Same grill
Similar headlights
Similar taillights
>>
>>16008778
Hue here, nobody gives a shit you own a 3 series here, ever since bmw opened a factory here, they have been shitting out 3 series left and right and it feels like any one that makes some money bought one
It's to the point that people that own a top of the line 1 series or a basic z4 is considered more rich than one who has a 3 series
They are still small fries compared to the people that own x6s or volvos in general, if you own a xc90 t6 here you are considered loaded as a top of the line range rover
Evokes are rich mons and niggermobiles cars though
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.