[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to buy my first car, and I've got my eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: cp5209490257461206330.jpg (67KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
cp5209490257461206330.jpg
67KB, 525x700px
I'm looking to buy my first car, and I've got my eye on a 2004 Mazda RX-8 FE
How expensive would it be to run, and does it have any serious issues that are likely to come up?
How much would I be expecting to pay for one with around 56,000 miles
>>
get it they are getting rarer
here in ohio the frs is more common than ANY rotary

ive never seen a rotary in person that was modified engine wise

plus the chainsaw sound they make is so loud its great
>>
>>16003576
Yeah repairs might be expensive as it's over 10 years old, it's not too bad assuming you're not the type to let another man caress her manifolds on your dime. But you're not like that, are you anon.
With that said, it's a good car but since she's your first, it's going to be expensive to insure so keep that in mind too.
Also you're going to wreck it because it's your first and it's fast.

tl;dr get a throw away car before you get you a favorite car, beaters are great because you can kick them if you're mad, or if they leave you stranded.
>>
>>16003599
I got my 1st own car around 5 months ago.
My original plan was to get an beater just because i knew that my lead filled foot would do nothing good in powerful car.

Anyways i ended up buying and 220kw FWD sedan from 1998 for few K's (€) and i must say that i have never been more happy with my purchase.

It takes a while to get used on driving powerful car, but after that it has been nothing but reliable and joy to drive.

If you can affort to spend few thousands on some older luxury with few hundred horses do that before you buy light & powerful car. It gives you a lot of power and car, but it does not act like it wants to kill you when you push pedal to the metal.

Personally i feel like this car is good middle ground for going towards sport cars, i would say that getting sport tagged car as your first car would be irresponsible, but after driving this for few months it would be a nice upgrade.

Btw, i'm looking to buy RX8, but due to my army service i'm sadly unable to affort one as they start from 7k€ in here.
>>
>>16003576
it's risky to get a pre-2006 RX-8. Especially, if you don't know how it was cared for.

I'd take a 2008 with 80k on it over a 2004 with 50k.
>>
there's a reason these are getting rarer. With the maintenance and body rust in my mind these are just not worth it.
>>
>>16003576
>I've got my eye on a 2004 Mazda RX-8 FE
Great, it's a wonderful driving experience and you'll absolutely love-
>my first car
Oh shit nigga what the absolute fuck are you DOING JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>16004728
What exactly changes between an early and s post-06 RX8?
>>
>>16003576

>FE

RX-8 is SE3P ya dolt.
>>
File: Capture.png (336KB, 963x911px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
336KB, 963x911px
>>16005848
>>
>>16005842
Better coil packs (preventing lean conditions), updated ecu firmware (making flooding much less likely) and a bunch of other changes that greatly improve the Renesis in terms of reliability
>>
If an RX-8 would be a terrible first car, what would be a good one?
Budget is ~10K AUD including rego etc
Would be driving between inner city/suburbs to dirt roads, steep hills.
>>
>>16006186
I agree it's a bad choice for a first car.

If you like Mazda how about a Miata? I don't know what you guys have down there for cars. Maybe a little pickup? B2200?
>>
>>16006283
Would rather go with a coupe than a ute
Preferably something with lower upkeep costs/better fuel economy
>>
>>16005842
http://www.rx8help.com/before_you_buy/engine_failure_story.html
>>
>>16003576
Not good for a first car or if you're broke.

Get a Mazda 3 for your first car.
>>
>>16006378
>that entire page is basically copy-pasted from an rx8club post
>>
>>16003599
Actually I've heard insurance is not bad on these, it's technically a four door sedan with a small displacement motor.
>>
>>16003576
I would only get the 2006+ which had a lot of improvements that made the engine reliable.

But if they have documentation for the recall work, go for it. Just check KBB for value, it's about right.
>>
>>16006654
Insurance on mine is pretty bad.
>>
>>16003850
rofl. I got an FD for my first car.
Stock, it's fine to learn on, so is the RX8.

Just make sure you learn the limits of traction both wet and dry somewhere safe. And don't forget that street roads can have dusty or oily spots on the road with less traction
>>
File: 590.png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
590.png
64KB, 624x628px
>>16003576
>I'm looking to buy my first car, and I've got my eye on a 2004 Mazda RX-8 FE
lol
>>
>>16006378
>50% have had at least 1 engine replaced
Isn't that because the vast majority of them were sold in the earlier years that had issues? And they had a recall to replace the engine?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.