[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with Asians and their mentality of having to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: images (16).jpg (15KB, 469x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
15KB, 469x313px
What's with Asians and their mentality of having to buy a new car every 5 years?

They says they do that cos depreciation so they try and get rid of it while it's worth something.

but what the hell is the point of that when it means you will need to buy another new car? If you buy a new car isn't it better off to own it for as long as possible to get your monies worth then get another new one if you must have a new car
>>
>>16003378
Clearly somebody who lives in a place that doesn't snow. Most cars driven year round that last 5 years without rust problems are few and far between.
>>
>>16003378
In Japan you have to pay for some testing to make sure the car is still road worthy or some shit after it's a few years old and most people would rather get a new car than do that. It might just be ingrained in them at this point.
>>
>>16003378
IF you're talking about asians in murrika and leafistan, then it's chinese who want to remind the world that they are rich enough to change car often. Notice how they don't upgrade to the new Kia.
If it's actual asians in their native countries, it's because Japan and South Korea both get a lot of regular controls and taxes on cars as soon as they reach a certain age. It's covered under the guise of "muh emissions muh safety" but realy it's a drive to consumerism which mainly benefits their national production. Doesn't happen as much in China since locally produced cars fall apart before that sort of thing would become a concern.
>>
>>16004119
it's more Asians in America

like wtf why would you always be wanting a car payment?
>>
File: 1469846418842.jpg (18KB, 367x295px) Image search: [Google]
1469846418842.jpg
18KB, 367x295px
Asian here, what's wrong with making good money and spending it on things so I can enjoy life?
I'm absolutely curious because at this point I'm convinced a majority of /o/ doesn't own a car or is a poorfaggot.
>>
File: 1462686579111.jpg (115KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
1462686579111.jpg
115KB, 697x697px
If I could pull 150k miles out of a car I think I got my money's worth and it would be time for a new one before problems arise.
>>
>>16004863
>implying they aren't all leasing their Maseratis
>>
>>16004896
Idk, why would you buy a new, worse piece of shit for $50k when you can buy something lightly used for $20k? What's the point of leasing a car every 3 years when you can own 50 of them over a lifetime?

It's not about money. It's just stupid and soulless.
>>
Am I living in bizzaro world where the WHITES are now the financially sensible ones and ASIANS are getting into debt keeping up with the Joneses (or Chans, in this case)...

The world has certainly changed in the last decade...
>>
>>16005242
>>>/pol/
>>
>>16005242
It's not a bizarro world where the harder-working, more productive race ends up having just a little bit more. Let me know when CS and engineering classes aren't entirely made up of Asians. Last I checked my MBA class was full of bros who all seemed addicted to masturbation. The difference between that and engineering has been night and day.
>>
>>16005242
Whites in the US are idiots too. Look at our average debt levels. Especially credit cards.

Chinese are financially stupid because all their culture got beat out of them in the 60s.
>>
>>16005265
>Chinese are financially stupid
>yet they are no.1 threat to america in trade

this is how the white man dies
>>
>>16004863

You can pay 200 a month on a lease or a xxxx maintenence/repar bill divided by 12 months over the life of the car, it's pretty much the same depending on how much you drive. Asians are some of the cheapest people on the planet, there's no way they'd "throw away money on a lease" if they could save that money instead.

I work with a lot of Asian millionaires and a lot of them drive leased Kia's and Hyundai's.
>>
>>16003378
>What's with Asians and their mentality of having to buy a new car every 5 years?
literally a white american mentality.
>>
My parents change their dailies every 5 years

but they buy 1-2 year old cars.

>buying new
>>
>>16005259
>Let me know when CS and engineering classes aren't entirely made up of Asians.
Depends if you consider indians as asian or not
>>
>>16005371
>CS and engineering
>AND
Also, yes, if I didn't separate South Asian from East Asian.
>>
>>16005242
A lot of chinks are experiencing extensive wealth for the first time.
Just think about it : for a few generations now, virtually no one in China had excessive wealth let alone disposable income, and now it's coming all at once, especially for their expatriates.
>>
>>16003378
Japanon here. I can't really tell you why, but I can confirm it's true. My parents insist on buying new cars every 5-6 years and they never run them up over about 130k km. this is when their cars will easily go 300k (Toyota Aqua, Nissan Serena). I guess cars here are status symbols and having the newest ones is required to look good. Plus shaken gets harder as years go by so people often buy new cars when shaken is up at 5 or 7 years. But that means it's cheap to buy used cars at auction and do stupid things to them.
>>
OP here, it's not even millionaires or whatever.

regular Asians peers at work, friends etc.

They say you gotta sell you cars after or within 5 years or else you won't get much for em.

it's like some baby boomer tier shit
>>
>>16003378
>What's with Asians and their mentality of having to buy a new car every 5 years?
WOW! That's totally just like white people!! Really makes you think.
>>
asian people are used to asian quality products
>>
>>16004119
>>16004863
>be asian in america
> could barely afford a 2000 dollar car thats a decade old
>parents insist on squeezing every dollar out of car by using said car until it literally cannot run anymore
>Asians at my college drive ferarris, maseratis, and GTRs with money their parents gave them
Why can't my family be rich like everyone else around me.
>>
File: CCVdhEK.jpg (306KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CCVdhEK.jpg
306KB, 2048x2048px
>>16005846

Chinese Murican here.

After 5 years, most people would have paid off the car by then and the warranty would have expired. So it makes some sense to sell your car and use that chunk of money as a down payment for your next ride.

Yes, you could be a money pinching Jew and drive your car forever but the mentality among us (the men at least) is "life is short, lets enjoy nice things".
>>
>>16007729
If only Chinese people enjoyed driving American cars, the US economy would prop itself right back up.
>>
>>16007667
Because Affirmative Action keeps any smart Asian out unless they're making bank
>>
>>16003378
most of them aren't broke neets
>>
>>16003378

How has this not been mentioned yet?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor-vehicle_inspection_(Japan)

For the Japanese this is why. For Chinese this is why >>16005587
>>
>>16005360

Outside of leasing and other business related arrangements, this tends to be the smart money.

Buy near new, low mileage, clean cars with some factory warranty left, they've already depreciated a fair chunk, run them for a few years, sell them, repeat.

Alternatively if your mechanically inclined and buy cheap beaters every year or so, you'll lose nothing on depreciation and if you buy well can more often than not turn enough of a profit on the sale to offset running costs etc
>>
File: 20160603_131903.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_131903.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
OP is dead wrong. If you were to stereotype Asian Americans as a group, they are financially savvy and do the OPPOSITE: they buy a less sexy but more reliable car like a Honda Civic Toyota Camry and drive it for 10+ years. If you're a high-earner doctor/lawyer/enginerd, have saved at least a couple million in liquid assets, and are feeling really flashy, then you might go all out and get an entry level Lexus, which is driven by your black friends who make -$40,000 a year and your white friends who make $40,000 a year.

Also, we buy all our shit cash, none of that financing shit. I am Asian and most of my Asian friends buy their cars/houses cash as well. We're just not stupid like white people who blow their paychecks on leased Mustangs/BMWs and other trivial spending like... running heat in your house in the winter, or buying sodas at restaurants when you can get water for free.

Srsly lrn 2 Asian. This thread is retarded, literally the opposite of the truth.
>>
>>16008759
OP is probably from Vancouver
>>
>>16008638
Mentioned like 3 times already and very well known. Thanks for the beginner's perspective though
>>
File: 1457656202636.jpg (876KB, 2314x2161px) Image search: [Google]
1457656202636.jpg
876KB, 2314x2161px
>>16008759
Dats raycis u gook
>>
The average human being keeps their car for 3 years
>>
>>16009252
A reliable number is 6 years, but I average 2.
>>
>>16008671
>Buy near new, low mileage, clean cars with some factory warranty left, they've already depreciated a fair chunk, run them for a few years, sell them, repeat.

This is the best way to do it if you wanna drive newer cars. My dad does this with Cadillacs and ends up only spending a few grand to ride in a newish caddy for a couple years before selling it.
>>
File: 20160509_094214.jpg (582KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160509_094214.jpg
582KB, 2048x1152px
>>16008911
As an American I have no knowledge of the outside world, especially a feral 3rd-world place like Canuckistan, but I'm guessing those are new-money just-immigrated Asians. That's a completely different breed, basically like any ppl who suddenly got rich overnight, more money than sense. Same shit with Russians after the SOviet Union opened up in the 90s, Arabs, etc. Gotta make up for not having had shit before by going over the top with flaunting once you get it. It's psychology and human nature.
>>
>>16010717
>but I'm guessing those are new-money just-immigrated Asians
Pretty much sums up the chinese expatriates or exchange students, really.
Especially the kind that goes to north-America
>>
>>16010971
Yea, around here in nyc there's a distinct difference between the old school Asian immigrant who got raised on pinching pennies and saving with living within means vs. new money exchange students laundering their parents dirty money in the West. The former doesn't like the latter either.
>>
>>16004863
>like wtf why would you always be wanting a car payment?

because $700 a month is pocket dust
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.