[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best full sized 2 door 80s era SUV, /o/? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Ram.jpg (668KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Ram.jpg
668KB, 2200x1650px
What's the best full sized 2 door 80s era SUV, /o/? I've been looking at Broncos, the K5 and the Ramcharger. Right now I have a chance to buy a Ramcharger for a measly $800. Runs, drives, all good. Only bad thing is its auto & 2wd.

Pic related. I feel like its too good a deal to pass up. But I'd like your input on the other two mentioned & if I should just wait.
>>
Depending where you're at, that thing may be full of rust and rot. I'm biased, so I'm gonna suggest a K5/K10/K20, biggest reason is the sheer amount of aftermarket and factory repop parts available, not to mention they're interchangable with the 73-87 and some things up to 91 on suburban trucks/blazers/suburbans. Far cheaper, far more abundant, and downright sexy too.

/2 cents
>>
>>16003147
In the south so rust/rot isn't really a thing. The guy assured me its clean (although I haven't seen it in person yet).

The K5 is indeed a sexy bitch. The problem I'm finding is that down here they're either rusted pieces of junk for cheap or been built up so much that they're crazy expensive. There's no in between.

Also the later model RC and K5 doesn't have a removable top like all the Broncos. Its not a huge deal, but a nice looking topless Bronco is sexy as fuck.
>>
>>16003152
Oh gotcha, southern prices can be a bitch. No idea what your budget is, but possibly get something out of state? If you're in no rush, peruse local c10/squarebody/k groups, someone somewhere always has something for sale that's a hell of a deal.

>fellow squarefam here
>>
File: Fotor_147357536022896.jpg (619KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_147357536022896.jpg
619KB, 2200x1650px
>>16003175
Thanks. Yeah, I might do that. I guess I'll check out the RC and go from there.

Yeah, I'm in love w square body 80s trucks. I've been looking at c/k 10s, Rams & f100/150. Leaning more towards the Dodges & Chevys in that regard simply because I like their stance better & they're beefier looking. The Fords look kinda whimpy if you don't at least lift em & go w bigger tires.
>>
>>16003130

If the Ramcharger has anything other than a 318, it's a great deal. It sucks that it's two wheel drive, but that can be fixed relatively easily since you can just rip the drivetrain from any 77-93 Dodge truck and swap the parts.

Ramchargers are sturdy fucking trucks, man. Mine has seen some shit and kept going. 318, Auto, 4x4, but I'm intending to swap the guts of an old Diesel W250 in and convert it. It's about a 4k job all said and done with all the work done by me and some buddies.
>>
>>16003147

never see older chevys on the road though
always see fords.

i am not biased, my stance on chevy being absolute shit is genuine.
i know this as fact
>>
>>16003204
God damn those trucks look good.
>>
>>16003130
Jeep Cherokee Chief
>>
>>16003683
Love one, but man those fuckin Chief's are hard to find. And you never see them on the road even.
>>
>buying an automatic 2wd truck
trucks can be fun 2 different ways and that prevents both of them
>>
>>16003672

I support this sentiment. I work in a mechanic shop and every old Chevy is leaking like crazy and falling apart. Old Fords and Dodges hold up WAY better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.