[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How reliable are current Production Jeeps? I use to have a old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Willys.jpg (60KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Willys.jpg
60KB, 600x337px
How reliable are current Production Jeeps? I use to have a old YJ and it was bullet proof. Never had major problems. However just from looking at the interior one can tell the Modern Wranglers are far removed from the old ones.

>So how good of a product is the modern day Wrangler?
>>
>Chrysler
>>
Just by another yj or tj. Jks come with a minivan engine.
>>
>>16001456
that engine is smooth as butter... but yeah it doesn't really fit with the rugged wrangler brand, it really needs a diesel
>>
File: ENOUGH.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>>16001109
I STILL dont get why people buy new jeeps.

If you want a cheap offroader, get an old jeep you can beat up.

If you dont want a cheap offroader, dont buy jeep
>>
>>16001463
I dd my yj with the carbureted i6 and I love it. I was told when I bought it that the v6 in the new ones is pretty much a joke. I agree that a diesel would be great though.
>>
>>16001479
The used heeps have to come from somewhere you mong...
>>
>>16001487
chrysler should make a i6 again that's designed to be either petrol, or diesel... basically the same engine but with some differences. i once heard the supra 2jz was originally engineered to be a diesel which is why it can handle soo much power on stock internals.
>>
grand cherokee with a i6, either n/a or turbo'd, same with ram trucks.... pentastar is a good engine but that italian diesel motor is a piece of shit and the pentastar grand cherokee is slow
>>
>>16001501
I understand, but thats what the unwashed masses are for, buying new jeeps for a price they arent worth so that smarter people can buy them years down the line for a cheap fuck and chuck offroader.
>>
>>16001456
>Jks come with a minivan engine.
They come with a corporate V6 of relevant capacity, that also happens to be fitted to a minivan.
There's no reason to avoid the current Pentastar regardless of whether it doesn't conform to some arbitrary cylinder configuration.
>>16001479
"cheap" is a subjective term. Also, what makes you think people buying new or late model Jeeps are after a "cheap offroader" as opposed to simply an offroader?
>>
>>16001514
>pentastar is a good engine but that italian diesel motor is a piece of shit
Interested to hear why you think the "italian diesel motor is a piece of shit".
>>
>>16001456
>>16001487
You guys are thinking of the pre-2012 models. They had the same 3.8L that was used in Chrysler minivans from '94 to 2010. The newer Pentastar is perfectly peppy and torquey for the size of the vehicle.
>>
>>16001514
FYI, the VM Motori 428 is a damn tough, capable unit. You're a complete idiot
>>16002863
I'm interested too
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.