[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>16000744 Fuck off KID what the HELL do you want that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>>16000744
Fuck off KID what the HELL do you want that for? Just count your blessings and get an automatic

t. Every single fucking person I have talked to about wanting to buy a manual car with my own damn money

tt. 30 year old autocuck who never learned
dont turn into me
i want to die
>>
>>16000744
whereabouts are you friend? if you are in the area i could teach you and also fuck ur butt hole lol
>>
>>16000751
Why are you mad at me? Are you drunk?

>>16000763
Texas. Sorry but my butthole is an exit only.
>>
>>16000744
It all comes down to your left foot. Git gud with the clutch, and everything is piss easy.

Getting the car moving:
Starting situation: shifter in neutral, both feet off the pedals
>press clutch pedal all the way in
>put shifter in 1st
>carefully let clutch pedal out until you feel the car starting to move and RPMs drop ever so slightly
>give it a little bit of gas and SLOWLY let the clutch pedal the rest of the way out

Upshifting is a matter of quickly pushing the clutch pedal all the way in, moving the shifter to the next gear, and letting the clutch out a bit more controlled (don't just let it jump back).

Downshifting is pretty much the same as upshifting, but you want to give it a little bit of gas before letting the clutch out if you really wanna do it smoothly.

Hillstarts are one of the harder things to do at first.
Starting situation: shifter in neutral, right foot on the brake
>push clutch pedal all the way in
>put shifter in 1st
>slowly let clutch pedal out until you can feel the car starting to move, don't take right foot off the brake just yet
>either heel-toe to give it gas while carefully releasing the brake or quickly switch from brake to gas (first option takes skill but won't cause you to roll back)
>carefully let clutch out the rest of the way

Or use the handbrake instead of the brake pedal if you want to go easymode:
>put on handbrake
>let clutch out to its biting point
>release handbrake and give it gas
>continue as normal

That's the basics as far as I can think of.
>>
>>16000744
Starting moving is the hardest part to learn. Practice launching using only your coutch, no gas, to learn your clutch's bite point. Shifting is easy, clutch in, move lever, clutch out. Practice balancing your right foot on both brake and gas or use handbrake method for hill starts. And just practice.
>>
>>16000776
I'm in Oklahoma. I don't know what good that does.

I bought my first manual this year in April. Driving it out of the dealer parking lot was my first experience driving a manual car. I caught on in a couple of days, and after a week it felt pretty natural. Don't let people discourage you. I know you can do it.
>>
>>16000744
Just get a really cheap beater with a clutch and drive it on weekends to learn it. Cuz like not that you're gunna break it but if you do who cares. Also then at least you'll be able to drive manual if you ever have to.
If you really like it then you'll buy manuals after that. If not, well, you'll know how to drive manual
>>
>>16000744
Heres how i learnt standard:

>Buy shitty ford ranger for 800$

>Stall 600000 times while i try to learn from youtube videos

>eventually learn by slowly letting the clutch out on flat ground and seeing where the contact point is
>>
To learn driving manual is simply learning to put it into first gear without stalling. Everything else is very easy. I've taught many people with a few steps. First, hold your right foot on the gas leaving the rps at 2k. Stay revving at 2k. Clutch in with the left foot and hold it. Put shifter into first gear. Now the hard part- let off the clutch super super slowly. The rpms will drop a little as the clutch catches and noobs will let off the gas instinctively and stall. The whole thing is being able to hold the rpms at 2k steady while letting off the clutch. Do that and work your way down till you can do it at 1.2k
>>
>>16000835
What are the benefits of the brake version? The handbrake one sounds so much easier, why would you do it the other way?
>>
>>16001357
Could be a situation where you want to keep two hands on the wheel. It's also just good practice for clutch control.
>>
>>16001357
Personally I find the brake one easier.
>>
File: IMG_0811.jpg (373KB, 1290x1935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0811.jpg
373KB, 1290x1935px
>>16000835
This is bretty gud.

It's all about finding the bite point of the clutch. If anything, start out slowly letting out the clutch without giving it a ton of gas and then it's all timing giving it gas while the clutch starts to bite.

Upshifting and downshifting is all easy enough.

It's one of those things where 20min in a parking lot will be good enough practice to be able to drive the thing, but it will take a few weeks to get used to that car and transmission and make everything butter smooth.
>>
>>16001357
properly speaking you should be using the handbrake on hill starts. Once you get proper clutch control though you'll be able to move your foot from the brake to the throttle and let the clutch out all smoothly and rapidly enough that you'll barely roll back, if at all.
>>
>>16001259
I agree that beginners should start with some RPMs. Helps prevent killing the motor.

Again it's all about finding that spot where the clutch starts to bite. Let the clutch out until you find it. The RPMs will drop a little, you can hear it and feel it. As soon as you get that first sign of contact, you need to be very slow and easy with the clutch. You might need to let the pedal out a little bit more at this point to get the car to start moving. Once it does, keep the clutch exactly where it's at. This is the part I think people teach wrong.
Again, once the car starts to move forward, keep the clutch in position. Once the car is caught up with the engine speed, release the clutch pedal fully. There should be no lurching.
If you start letting the clutch out more at that bite point, you risk killing the motor.
If you accidentally let the clutch out too much or too fast your RPMs will drop fast. In this case quickly push the clutch in again and try again. It's actually good practice to sit in 1st gear and push the clutch in and out a little right around the bite point and see how the vehicle behaves.

My grandma taught me on her old Civic. I killed it about a million times, started overheating the starter motor. But she was telling me to keep letting the clutch out slowly, rather than leave it steady once it starts to bite. She was also having me launch from idle, which is hard in most cars for even experienced drivers.
>>
Sort of related. I recently got a 96 manual accord for 300. I'm learning manual but I think I have most of the basics down. I always get a jerky motion when I shift from 1st to 2nd. I don't have that when I go from 2nd to 3rd. I tried doing it at different rpms and it seemed to favor high rpms around 3k. Sorry for the confusing question.
>>
>>16001357
Some cars don't have a lever for parking brake.
>>
Read all in this thread also watch videos on youtube. Only thing I have to say is that while you'd soon know you need to find your car's bite point for the clutch, every car is 100% different where that point is. You will not know in advance and there will be no way to know. The video you watch will make a big deal about exactly where it is on their car. Don't pay attention to where that is on the video. yours will be somewhere else.
>>
>>16000744

I just started learning to drive two weeks ago, best tip I can give you is to learn clutch control itself first and how to control the car at absolute minimum speeds, once you understand the car can move without using the gas pedal and you start listening to the sound the car makes everything makes a lot more sense.

In Norway we call it "krypkjoring" and it's far more important than learning to shift 1-2-3-4-5 which is far easier to master.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.