[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We list the cars we've crashed and how bad the damage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (426KB, 1295x967px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426KB, 1295x967px
ITT: We list the cars we've crashed and how bad the damage was.

-1998 Audi A4 Quattro (my first car), spun off a road while screwing around in the snow and went into a hill/grass, car didn't look too bad but since I hit it sideways the chassis was totally fucked up and it was scrapped.
-2001 BMW 530i, drove it into the back of someone, insurance decided it would cost too much to repair and was scrapped.
-2004 BMW M3, clipped a curb while exiting a roundabout and sliding slightly, went home on a trailer but I managed to get it fixed despite my worries it would cost an arm and leg, sold it soon after.
-2009 BMW M3, spun quite badly and hit the back of the car on a guard rail, insurance declared it a write off and bought it from me.
-1999 Jag XJR, stupidly drove while quite tired, fell "asleep" for mere moments, when I woke up seconds later I was on the grass and headed into a tree. Insurance guy turned up and declared it a write off before he even stepped out of his car.

That's it. Pic related is not my M3 but pretty much exactly what it looked like.
>>
maybe driving isn't for you bud, you sound rich enough to hire a chauffeur
>>
none i'm not a shit driver lol
>>
fuck, how much was your insurance for the 2009 m3 when u had it
>>
Please buy a bus pass and get off the road.
>>
>>16000631
Not that much for my age and record, like 260 a pounds a month or so, it was a while ago so I'm not sure.
>>
>>16000550
>all yurotrash
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: 1.jpg (180KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
180KB, 1080x1080px
Honda fit
>hit a bear
>pic related
>"rear ended" an suv
>barely noticeable scuff on hood
>no damage to theirs
>>
File: 20160905_164254.jpg (613KB, 1048x960px) Image search: [Google]
20160905_164254.jpg
613KB, 1048x960px
>>16000550
> Got t-Boned at low speed behind the door
$3k
> Hit a deer on front passenger side
$1k
> Got rearended by a fucking explorer. Me stopped him going 40mph.
TOTALED.
$5.5k
> Buy back for $1300. Have shop pull frame straight paint and put on junkyard bumper for $300. Get paid $3900 to keep shitbox that is mechanically in good shape.
>>
File: s2000.jpg (69KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
s2000.jpg
69KB, 720x540px
>2003 S2000, cambered tight s curve. Went in hot, sideways on the brakes. Tried to be Tsuchiya and weight transfer drift, flick the car the other way and drift the full S curve. Realized I was not Tsuchiya, over corrected and went into the mountain wall. Not too bad, very minor scrapes on wheel faces and front lip. Damage total: $0

>2005 4 door tundra. Parking lot drifting in the rain. Just barely hung the bumper over the curb enough to catch the rear corner of the truck on a lightpole. Continued and finished a beautiful textbook drift, but my bumper was severely bent, rear corner of the truck was bashed pretty bad, and taillight smashed. Damage total $800

>2008 350Z. Deer collision. Swerved at last second and glanced off the right front at about 50mph. Deer lived. Took out headlight, front bumper, RF fender, and right side door. Damage: $4400 Deductible: $1000

Not too bad considering the 10 years of dumb shit i've done behind the wheel.
>>
*PRISTINE* 2001 Prelude - Got hit head on by a pickup truck making an illegal turn. Totaled

It was my first car, paid off for years, only 100k miles. That definitely didnt help the ole bottom line
>>
File: IMAG0006_1.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0006_1.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
Crashed my baby, an 03 passat wagon just today. :(

Was being dumb, doing skids on dirt roads, went in ditch, hole in oil pan.

Give me emotional support anons
>>
>>16000925
>hole in oil pan

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>16000550

I backed a chevy colorado into a parked car once while I was blind drunk backing out of a parking spot at some duplexes.

Chrome step bumper didnt really show much damage, but the car i hit got pretty fucked from what I heard. Oh well.

Kind of interesting I guess that I work at a body shop and deal with wrecks every day but I've never really been in one in my decade or so of driving.
>>
>10 years driving
>avoided around 15 cars entering my lane or failing to stop in a crash course relative to my position
>not one crash
>not one ticket
>>
>>16000925
Hey, could've been much worse. It's just the oil pan that needs replacing.

Also do I spy a V5 badge?
>>
>>16001048
>I backed a chevy colorado into a parked car once while I was blind drunk backing out of a parking spot at some duplexes.

Commit suicide.
>>
>>16001118
>v5
It's a v6

Do v5s exist?
>>
>>16001148
In yurop they came with a VR5 option, which was basically a VR6 with a cylinder chopped off.

Oh, and because yours is a V6, a B5 S4 drivetrain slots right in.
>>
>>16001148
Have you never heard of Google?
>>
File: vr5[1].jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vr5[1].jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
>>16001148
From the early 2000s, when VW did mad, mad things.
>>
-2006 BMW 325i: Bitch ran an intersection stop sign and took my whole front end off. Totaled both cars, she was drunk, took the bitch for every penny she had and even faked some injuries to make her pay me more.

Ended up with 30K in settlements
>>
>>16001240
And my car was also only worth 8 grand
>>
You should get a motorcycle OP so you can kill yourself.
>>
>>16000550

4 fucking write offs?

Im not going to say anything retarded like you should kill yourself but you probably should consider just not driving anymore.

>260 per month for insurance. Jesus christ man.
>>
>>16000550
You sound like a shitty driver holy shit why don't you take the bus.
>>
>>16000550
One day you are going to fall asleep while driving your luxury sedan and you are going to plough right into me in my tiny mr2 spyder killing me. Please don't drive.
>>
>>16000550

2007 Subaru WRX TR - Rear ended by a chink on the freeway in morning gridlock.

1995 Subaru Impreza L - Forester behind me was rear ended and pushed into me on the freeway in morning gridlock.

1988 Honda CRX HF - Civic behind me was rear ended and pushed into me on the Freeway in evening gridlock.

Welcome to Seattle, WA. Home of the shittiest drivers in the USA. All were likely texting...
>>
>>16001527
>driving a car you care about in traffic
>ever
>>
>>16001571

True dat, but you've got to admit it beats the bus or the train. I gotta get to work somehow.
>>
none
>>
2009 Citroën C5.

Wanted to reverse to park but was in first gear, bumped into a car at like 2 kmh. All scratches were buffed out.
>>
>>16000684
>hit a bear
That must have been awkward. What did the bear say to you when you got out?
>>
>>16000644
>260 pounds a month
>3k/year

mfw when I never paid more than 1200/year even when I freshly had my license
>>
>>16001129

Thought about it for a couple of years, I've mostly concluded against it though.
>>
>>16000550
Never crashed anything, but I've been rear ended. Totaled out my daily, but I got more in insurance than I paid for it, so I was extremely not mad.
>>
>>16000644
Shit! My fucking insurance on a Hellcat is about 140$/mo. Are rates just that bad in bongistan?
>>
>>16004872
wow, I get 146$/mo on my Legacy wagon with only 1 ticket on my record.

I think I'm getting ripped off.
>>
>>16000550
driving isn't for you fuckboy
>>
Driving my mum's CRV home from grandparents' on Mother's Day a couple of years ago while I was on my L plates, long drive, getting dark and I was pretty tired
Forgot about a stop sign on the way home, misjudged the distance of an oncoming car, tried to floor it past, got t-boned.
It was a write off, and Mum became an even worse passenger.
>>
>>16000550
After crashing so many cars, it is obivious you can't fucking drive. Take the bus.
>>
So i've been driving for 10 years and never ever had a fucking crash, never wrecked any of the cars i've owned. No even a fender bender.

And in 10 years i've had my license suspended numerous times for various shit, passing on double continuous, speeding, running red light, etc etc but i've never fucking crashed because i'm 100% concentrated on the road ahead and don't check my phone, text, look at the person i'm talking to in the car.

Some you dipshits need to stop driving now. Unless you're paying 100% attention to the road, you should get on a fucking bus.
>>
>>16007806
Don't tell me what to do faggot, if I can afford to keep crashing cars I will.
>>
>>16000550
This is either bait or just horrendously pathetic. Either way, you're a moron.
>>
2004 Honda Civic Type R

Came to a narrow road with passing points on the other side of the road. Drunk guy speed through ignoring the passing points and scraped all down my drivers side and I end up selling it the next day.
>>
Honda Element
>rain
>moderate curve
>too fast for conditions
>lift off oversteer
>car slides off road
>mange to straighten up enough
>brush opposite side of ditch
>bent wheel

Drove it home.
>>
>>16000644
>260/month
>>
>>16000564
this senpai
>>
>>16000550
You sound like you shouldn't be allowed to drive anything over 150hp.
>>
>>16001203
What the fuck, what's the point? Just to save space? The vr6 is compact as well, what would an extra cylinder do
>>
File: 20161007_002457.jpg (838KB, 1528x815px) Image search: [Google]
20161007_002457.jpg
838KB, 1528x815px
Chevy Slowbalt
>hit ice while still on all-seasons, did $100 worth of damage to rear bumper
>was 17, called insurance because I thought that was just what you were supposed to do
>screwed me out of getting accident forgiveness coverage

Fiesta ST
>4000km on it
>rainy night, 2 in the morning
>check my blindspot but didn't check my mirrors
>hit a guy going 100 when changing lanes
>somehow totalled his car while I just lost a door/fender/sideskirt

Can't wait to see my premiums skyrocket.
>>
age 18 crashed my friend's lumina. he also crashed that thing at least 3 times, where significant work had to be done to it and a zillion fender benders.

He is a much better driver now and is more cautious; probably because he has an a8 now
>>
>>16000550
>12 years of licensed driving
>~230k miles driven on vehicles I've owned
>zero accidents or damage
>git gud bruh
>>
>>16004872
>>16004880
Damn I'm 27 and pay $178/mo for full coverage on my 3 vehicles
$38 for '98 Wrangler
$42 for '14 Harley Sportster
$98 for '14 Mustang GT Premium
It's bundled with my home insurance too which helps. Also no accidents or tickets on it.
>>
2003 Toyota Yaris
>braked over puddle on curve, lost control, hit guard rail. Right headlight gone, passenger's side badly scratched. Like 1000€ in damages
>got rear ended by an old BMW (his car slipped on some gravel that was in the street). Bumper gone, replaced.
>didn't look while exiting a stop, swapped paint with some guy in an Opel Astra, it was literally nothing but his car was rented and he had to pay for the damage. Forgot air conditioning running in my car, battery died, had to phone a friend to come and jump it.
>car simply, abruptly stopped in the middle of the night in an empty road. Battery was faulty/end of service life, replaced. A miracle I was in no position to hurt anyone.
>driving sleepy one night, hit the side of a roundabout which happened to be on a 20cm raised curb. Left front wheel exploded.
BMW 3 series E90 (my father's, first and only time I drove it)
>learning to drive this goddman diesel barge, hear a thud from the hood and the car stops responding. Was going slow but scraped the curb. Timing chain (guaranteed not to break ever) fucking broke and destroyed the engine. BMW reimbursed dad for the damage.
>>
>>16000550
2004 Hyundai Elantra. Hit a 2ft deep pothole on the highway driving at night. Ripped off the right control arm and severely damaged the car. Junked it to avoid paying a higher insurance
>>
1993 lumina
>first winter driving slid off freeway at 12 am into a ditch, pulled her out with my buddy's truck and drove home

>same winter, slid off road, drove myself off

>same winter, slid off road, hit mailbox. my mirror was gone and his mailbox was exploded. bought him a new one and helped him put it in

that was a rough winter. other than those though i've thus far managed to not fuck up

car's a friggin tank
>>
>>16004854
Content enough with just killing your passengers and other motorists?
>>
>>16011251
>>learning to drive this goddman diesel barge, hear a thud from the hood and the car stops responding. Was going slow but scraped the curb. Timing chain (guaranteed not to break ever) fucking broke and destroyed the engine. BMW reimbursed dad for the damage.

There was a big scandal about BMW timing chains (atleast in my country) about the 4 cylinder diesel BMW's around the E90/E60/E82 era, it's not your fault. They just go when they want to go.
>>
>hydrolocked Acura RSX
>lowsided my gs500 two days ago

thankfully it was a low speed accident so the bike and myself remain in one piece
>>
File: 00d0d_cUoKmIHeHg8_600x450[1].jpg (180KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
00d0d_cUoKmIHeHg8_600x450[1].jpg
180KB, 960x480px
>>16001118
>>16001148
>>16001167
>>16001203
>>16010321

They did a Passat W8 for a short while before the Phaeton came along.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.