[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom wants me to buy a Kia Soul for my first fancy new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 299x169px
My mom wants me to buy a Kia Soul for my first fancy new car. Should I?
>>
Just look at it.
How could you even want something else?
>>
>>16000353
>my first fancy new car
Well if you plan on advertising your perverse lifestyle choice that's on you
>>
>>16000353
choose something you like. do extensive research.
>>
Are you a hamster?
>>
Buy what you want. My parents are trying to convince me to buy something new with all the fancy gizmos for more than I want to pay; but I refuse on buying anything that isn't at least 30 years old.
>>
>>16000353
I dunno man ask your dad what he thinks, assuming you have one and he doesn't just defer to your mother on everything because she keeps his balls in her purse.
>>
>>16000353
it's not a bad car, pretty good space inside and drives ok
>>
Are you a lesbian?
>>
>>16000353
>kia
"no"
>>
>>16000353
Tbh I've been considering one myself.

It has almost as much cargo volume as the CX-5, though the MPG and quality is considerably worse. But it's also 10 grand cheaper and a much smaller car, very well packaged in a way that I really like for a second car.

It would be a top buy for me if Kia would engineer or license better engine tech so it didn't have a pathetic 24/31mpg 130hp engine. Instead, I'd probably get the Ford Focus. 20% less cargo volume and a bit more expensive but otherwise better in every way. But the 26/38mpg model Focus is 8 grand more than the Soul.

But it's the same with any car...
Research. I made a spreadsheet with different cars cargo volume, safety ratings, mpg, 0-60, projected cost-to-own over 5 years.
Just figure out what the competitors to it are, and collect the important data points for each, narrow them down and test drive.
Once you test drive and get offers, it'll be clear which one is the best buy, and you might end up getting thousands of dollars more off offered for your second choice so it becomes your first choice. Some cars that sound good on paper end up sucking when you drive them.

Also, you could see if your mom will just give you 20grand, and let you keep what is left over from the deal. Give you encouragement to do your best to low-ball the dealers and get the best deal possible. Or just do that anyway to help your mommy out, she'll appreciate it.
>>
>>16000353
top tier city grocery getter and decent commuter. it's very dull though, nothing is exciting or fun about it.
>>
>>16000353
end yourself
>>
>>16000353
NO. Get something interesting.
>>
>>16000484
From what I hear they're putting the 1.6T from the Forté in as an option
>>
>>16000380
/thread
>>
>>16000719
That only gets 21city, 29 highway.

Compare that to the 2.5l in the CX-5 that gets 26 city, 33 highway. It's a bit less horsepower, but whatever, a turbo shouldn't necessarily be less fuel efficient. If anything they can be more. Kia sucks at making engines.

They really need to fucking give up and license decent engine tech from Mazda like Ford and Toyota do.

The Kia Soul needs a 160hp engine that gives like 28/34mpg at least. 21/29, or 24/31, from a tiny car is pathetic. The 600lb heavier CX-5 should not get far superior city MPG, but the Koreans can't make a decent engine.
>>
>>16000719
The Hyundai Elantra has a 147hp 2.0l that gets 29/38 mpg, and a 1.4t that makes 128 hp and 32/40 mpg.

Why the fuck don't they put both of those in the Kia Soul? They're the same company. Still shitty engines, but at least less shitty than what they put in the Soul currently.
It's the same weight car of those. Why the fuck don't they repeatedly use their better engines like Mazda instead of having special shitty old engine options for the Soul?
>>
>>16000847
>Hyundai
>>
>>16000353
The Kia Soul is the most soulless shitbox on the road today.
>>
>>16000782
They used to license from Mitsubishi, if they were going to do that again it would have to be from either them or Nissan and no one will win if that happens

If they were smart they would contract out Yamaha to help them cause i don't think they have an agreement with Toyota anymore
>>
If you're gonna get a kia, get a fucking Optima
>>
>>16001918
solid advice

>>16000364
solider advice

It might even take walking around a couple lots until you see something that you like. I just took home a 16 Scion iM today and I never thought I'd like driving a hatch. One day driving it and I'm in love with the thing. Just gotta do you, anon. Fuck what anyone else says.

And btw, for the price point I think the iM has a lot to offer.
>>
>>16002102
idk why you'd get that over the Honda Fit that's better in every single way, but congrats.
>>
>>16002118
Thanks man. Was not at all fond of how the fit looked and the scion was super comfortable and fun to drive. Got a decent deal on it, 16k out the door, 12k miles one previous owner. Good luck, OP, hope you find something that speaks to you.
>>
>>16000353
My sister drove one as a rental when her mini clubsman was getting repair work done to it. She hated it. She said the interior looked cheap as hell and drove like a shitbox compared to her mini. But her mini was likely MSRPed at twice the Soul
>>
>>16002175
What a faggot. CVT or manual? You could've gotten a brand new one for 17,5.
>>
>>16001106

"Prius V"
>>
>>16000401
>fancy gizmos
What do your parents consider "fancy gizmos"? Do you mean they want you to get something with airbags and shit?
>>
>>16004411
Radar cruise control, lane keeping assist, automatic braking, wifi connection, bixenon auto dimming headlights, cylinder deactivation are probably a few
>>
>>16000431
kias have a special place in my heart since all the middle class working athletic qts in my area drive little kia sedans. they're ultimate casual and you really can't expect more than that from q t grilles :E
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.