[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post feels >tfw too poor to afford a manual car and got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: trans.gif (56KB, 275x274px) Image search: [Google]
trans.gif
56KB, 275x274px
ITT post feels
>tfw too poor to afford a manual car and got an automatic compact japanese car
>>
whats the point of the 2 and the L?
>>
>>15998801
Who fucking knows dude
is it still possible to git gud at driving in a FWD auto?
>>
>>15998806
I used to drift a saturn vue on dirt roads and snow..
>>
>>15998781
In what world are autos more expensive than manuals?
>>
>>15998812
In the autism spectrum
>>
>>15998812
What

>>15998810
I just want to become good at driving and have fun, but I guess its hopeless for me huh
>>
>fall for the /o/ manual meme
>trade in "autotragic"
>make dad teach me stick
>still stalling sometimes when launching
>cars only fun speeding up then anxiety.jpg in any kind of traffic

i better get used to this shit quick.
>>
>>15998822
I've never seen an auto cost more than an identical manual unless it's some meme-box
>>
>>15998841
I never said that auto is more expensive
>>
>>15998847
"Too poor to afford a manual car"
That is exactly what you said
>>
>>15998852
What?
>>
>>15998840
If you have anxiety in traffic in a manual you are shit at driving manual.
>>
>>15998886
no shit its like my 2nd week.
>>
>>15998853
>tfw too poor to afford a manual car and got an automatic
Implies the auto is cheaper.
Unless you got something that's 95% rust and bleeding fluids from every seal, it's not usually the case.
>>
>>15998892
What exactly is causing you anxiety in traffic? Hill starts?
>>
>>15998801
2 is to haul shit and go up hill. L is for down hill.
>>
>>15998896
The auto is always cheaper, and thats not what you were saying earlier.
>>
>>15998806
Yes but only in a civic cause non orbital gears + easy to force shifting by giving a little pulse to the throttle.
>>
>>15998902
I'm not that other anon.
>>
>>15998902
>The auto is always cheaper
In burgerland maybe, around here autos are rare and most likely the seller might ask a few bucks extra because "luxury option".
>>
>>15998812
VW charges more for dsg than standard
>>
>>15998946
In burger land its the exact opposite.
Manuals are hard to find and cost more.
99% of all vehilces here are automatic.
>>
One of my cars is an auto, but that's because I had no choice in the matter.

>>15999112
Only if it's a memebox. Sometimes manuals go for cheaper so the seller can sell it (if it's an otherwise ordinary car) because nobody wants it.
>>
often times the sticker price from the dealer will charge more for an auto, however with some cars cult following and popularity amongst "tuners", certain ones will have a higher value for a manual, like a honda civic or subaru impreza wrx
>>
>>15999156
>>15999168
Manual cars are always more expensive
You can get a sub 1k auto beater
you literally cant find a manual car for less than $1000 here
>>
>>15998812
The North American used car market.

autos = plentiful for high demand, competitive pricing
manuals = rare and low demand, luxury pricing
>>
>>15999201
When I bought my first used car, there were two models in the lot. Same car, same condition. The difference was one was an auto and the other was a manual. The manual was $1500 and the auto was $2500.

The seller mechanic said the price was low because everyone acted like the car was on fire when they found out it was stickshift, otherwise it would be the same price. I told him I was a poor college student and I was willing to learn manual for the better deal.

I still have that car. It was well worth it.
>>
>>15999397
Thanks for the anecdote but nobody gives a single shit
>>
File: 1459053817701.jpg (23KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459053817701.jpg
23KB, 426x240px
>>15999406
You gave enough of a shit to reply, fagtron
>>
>>15998812
Netherlands. Most auto's have a (barely) more fuel efficienct highest gear than manuals. As an example, the GT86 costs 46k yuros as an auto here, whereas the manual costs 49k something
>>
>>15999421
Should add; that is due to muh carbon taxes
>>
>>15999409
I will never get this reply
>>
>>15998840
It becomes second nature in no time if you drive every day.
>>
>American Made Auto Shitbox
$2,000
>Japanese Made Auto Shitbox
>$750 OBO

>American Made Manual Shitbox
$750 OBO
>Japanese Made Manual Shitbox
$4,500 no tire kickers, i know what I got
>>
File: L-Toyota-Soarer-4-0-GT.jpg (88KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
L-Toyota-Soarer-4-0-GT.jpg
88KB, 800x388px
>too poor to afford a manual
Hilarious. I can smell the self-hatred and projecting
>>
>>15998892
Had the same problem. I also got stuck in traffic for 2 hours first time i drove it to work. Left leg was burning at the end of it.
>>
>>15999447
That's because torque converters don't do well with high revving engines, the slip and inefficiency is greater than a low revving engine.

>shitbox
>not sports car
>>
File: 20161014_131720_resized.jpg (415KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_131720_resized.jpg
415KB, 1328x747px
>tfw new batteries

Old ones were over 13 years old, and although I haven't had trouble with them I can't say I'd feel safe going into winter with them
>>
>>15998806
>Who fucking knows dude
You're an idiot if you don't know how to select low gears in an auto.

>is it still possible to git gud at driving in a FWD auto?
It's still possible to learn some basic dynamics. A good driver in a slow shitbox will always outclass a shitty driver in a faster car.
>>
>>15999624
select low gears in an auto? huh what the fuck
to be honest i hav eno idea why we have anything more than P and D
>>
>>15999654
Do you just not understand the concept of gears?
>>
>>15999201
>>15999397
>>15999406
Manuals are always cheaper in north america, just because a couple of you niggers got jewed doesn't mean shit. Identical cars, with the only difference being manual and auto, the manual is ALWAYS cheaper because they're harder to sell here in the States.
>>
>>15999624
I can still learn to be a good driver in my automatic car?
I mean it's kinda small, wheelbase is 102
>>
File: Capture.png (154KB, 921x377px)
Capture.png
154KB, 921x377px
>>15998812
>>
>>15998781
>tfw when too intelligent for manual
>>
>>15999700
Nope. Manual is always more expensive. You're insane
You're outnumbered .
>>15999712
We're not talking brand new
>>
>>15999700
Manuals are always more expensive in North America no matter the car just because they're so rare. You're crazy.
>>
>>15998840
I was like this. I totally regretted getting manual for the first 2 weeks. Once you git gud it's totally worth it though
>>
>>15999720
>>15999731
What fucking jew ass place do you live in? Like for real? Every car lot i been to, they have their "clearance" section which is just manual gearbox vehicles. Unless you guys are buying Rice machines, with ricer tax, or buying a car that only offers the manual gearbox in higher trims. Then itd make sense, but like i said before. Whenever talking to a saleperson or anyone who has sold a vehicle they absolutely dread selling manual transmission vehicles because theyre so hard to sell, they end up having reduced pricing.
>>
>>15998781
Usually manual is cheaper unless it only comes on the highest trim
What country?
>>
>>15999764
You're just wrong here dude. Manual is always more expensive end of story
>>
>>15999781
Oh I get it, this is a meme....fuck sorry for giving it away.
>>
>>15999716
nice bait
>>
>>15999788
It isn't . Manuals are actually more expensive
>>
>>15999807
>bait
You're a retard.
>>
>>15999764
At a dealership? Maybe. But that's because if you're going to a dealership for a used car, you're probably a soccer mom or nu male... and you're overpaying for the automatic at the end of the day.

Let me illustrate

1998 Toyota Celica
Dealership price(auto): 7,888--Stacy finances this car and never changes the fluids.
Dealership price(manual): 6,444 (would attract enthusiasts only, but...)
Private sale price(auto): 2,750 obo-- someone buys this for their first car
Private sale price(manual): 5,000 firm(...any actual enthusiast knows dealerships are over priced)
>>
>>15999833
> Celica
Yeah i was right, fucking rice shit.
Even in private sale, manuals are cheaper. If you pay more for a manual than an identical car with an auto you are the problem, and you are enabling people to fucking jew you over. Even in private sales, my mechanic has always talked about how selling a manual is harder and hes always forced to sell them for cheap because he cant have them sitting in his lot for months. Both dealers, mechanics, and enthusiasts know that a manual is always cheaper because they come STANDARD in any vehicle that offers it. Why do base models always come with manual as a standard option? Because manuals cost a lot less to manufacture and therefore sells for less when equipped in the car, this has always been true and is true to this day. (Go to any dealership website and start filling out your options, as soon as you put in a automatic transmission in your options list the price spikes.
> inb4 "hur dur new doesnt count!"
Well its like that for a reason whether you like it or not. For example when shopping for my truck on Craigslist. The manuals were ALWAYS cheaper. If you pay more for a manual than you would a auto you are literally retarded and are no better than your "Stacy" character
>>
>>15999895
Nope.
Manuals are more expensive. You're fucking wrong.
>>
>>15999833
That's exactly the problem. Also, it's highly dependent on what kind of car you're looking to buy. If you want the shittiest, bone cheapest vehicle available, a manual FWD is probably going to be it. However, if you want a car which any group of "enthusiasts" is interested in (even if Japanese shitbox), a manual transmission will probably be more expensive.
>>
>>15999935
I disagree
automatic FWD is the cheapest I've found
the only way to get sub $600 for a car is going auto FWD
>>
>>15999186
A lot of this has to do with manual owners actually knowing what they're doing when it comes to cars and take care of them with regular tuneups. Value holds well when they enter the secondary market.

Typical auto driver is rich daddy's girl car that that floored the pedal to accelerate in 30mph town traffic, tailgated, hit a barrier or curb literally every other time she parked, always held the pedal down until hitting the brakes never coasted, puts it in the ditch 4 times each winter. Has never changed the oil and ignores putting air in the tires.

I'm never going to buy an auto again, but if I were I would never buy from a female owner, and any guy dumb enough to prefer an auto doesn't deserve my money either.
>>
>>16000370
>Typical auto driver is rich daddy's girl car that that floored the pedal to accelerate
Do you have some trauma you want to talk about or something dude
>>
>>15998781

i bought a manual car for 6k bb
>>
File: Capture.png (133KB, 338x303px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
133KB, 338x303px
>tfw best thing that happened all month was buying a little petcock for oil pan
>tfw applying left and right but can't find a job even though I have "desirable" degree
>tfw broke up with long term gf and moved across the country for grad school but it sucks and all the people here suck
>tfw bad feels in general
>tfw beer helps but not that much
>tfw no project car
>>
File: dazzle cringe.jpg (48KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
dazzle cringe.jpg
48KB, 625x400px
>>15999654
>to be honest i hav eno idea why we have anything more than P and D

You are to dumb to realize the need for reverse.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.