[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>car is up on jacks for a few days >get letter from city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: YOu think this is funny.png (614KB, 678x530px) Image search: [Google]
YOu think this is funny.png
614KB, 678x530px
>car is up on jacks for a few days
>get letter from city
>24 hours to take car off jacks
>in my own driveway

The literal fuck is this shit? I looked through the entire city ordinance shit and couldn't find anything on it. I'm thinking it was some fuck face neighbor trying to sell their house.

Thread about neighbors or city fucking with your auto work.
>>
>>15998417
The letter should specify what ordinance is being violated.

This sort of thing is becoming the norm most everywhere thanks to [insert race you don't like here] ruining it for the rest of us.
>>
>>15998569
>muh jews
>>>/pol/
>>
>>15998569

>should list the ordinance

Nope, has a checkbox listed as this.

>[ X ] OTHER ___on jacks_____

Checked the website and there isn't shit about vehicles on jacks or working on your own vehicles. Gave me "24" hours to fix it. Its fucking retarded so I just put the car down threw on the wheels and pushed it into my garage with the help of a friend.
>>
>>15998580
>MUH /pol/ BOOGEYMAN

FUCK OFF LIBSHIT
>>
>>15998581
Why would you cave? Leave it up and call their bluff.
>>
File: 1454569002925.jpg (98KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454569002925.jpg
98KB, 1440x1080px
Nevermind I found what I was looking for. This is fucking retarded.

It's under "NUISANCES"

>It shall be unlawful for the owner, occupant or person in charge of property zoned for residential, duplex, residential duplex or apartment district uses to permit the parking, standing or storing of motor vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, trailers on private property in public view if the vehicle:

>a. Has one or more flat tires;
>b.Is missing one or more wheels; or
>c.Is supported by one or more jack stands, blocks or by similar means.

>>15998593
Because if there was an ordinance I couldn't find (which I just found it) I could be fined.

And that money is better spent on fucking car parts.
>>
>>15998417

>living in the (((city))) instead of based rural living

You done goofed. Get ready to be culturally enriched soon.
>>
>>15998417
what city?
>>
>>15998599
>living in rural bum fuck no where
>no track
>no other car guys
>no events
>nothing to fucking do except stare at the sun come up

While there are perks, not my style.
>>
>>15998598
Sounds like something they would immediately toss if you challenged it.
>>
>>15998598
>Land of the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""free"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>15998617
Every country in the world has retarded regulations like this.
>>
>>15998618
Don't have anything like that here, landlords might place rules on tenants to stop oil stains on the driveway but homeowners can leave a car on stand literally until the end of time and there is nothing the local council can do about it.
>>
>>15998617
>nowhere does OP mention he lives in america
maybe OP does, but damn are you obsessed with us
>>
>>15998639
No, buy your city also won't allow women to talk out in daylight without being fully covered and being stoned to death if they aren't.
>>
>>15998654
>>>/pol/
>>
My dad's house is on the square in my town, and he has a porsche 951 (under a cover) that's been sitting in the drive way for ever. He got a letter from the city telling him he can't have non-running cars visible from the street and threatening to ticket him if he didn't move it to the backyard. He called the city to complain and they basically told him if he turns the car around they'll know it runs, so he did. Stupid city ordinances are stupid, but it keeps everything from looking like the ghetto.
>>
>>15998602
Plenty of shit to do in the country, I would dare say more you can do than in a city.
>>
>>15998669
Shut up, pussy
>>
I have a similar story, but I live in the county so I didn't get a notice from some gay ass city council, but I can believe it

>put car on four stands so i can get all 4 brake rotors resurfaced, don't get them back for two days
>it's in the street, wheels off, on the unpaved shoulder in front of my house
>live in an area with a lot of walkers and a few schools
>literally every nigger that walk by has to comment about it
>oh why do you think that car is on stands
>is that car broken
>why would they leave it on the shoulder of the road if it doesn't work?
>I've seen this car on stands for a while, must not work
it had plastic bags for three days over the calipers so it was obvious I was protecting it to put it back together
normies just can't tolerate looking at things they don't understand
>>
>>15998669
is this the new way to cop out of arguments that offend you? I just want to be sure for future arguments I get in to
>>
>>15998683
>it keeps everything from looking like the ghetto
Yeah, because the back half of the Porsche looks so much better
>>
>>15998639
OP would probably have sworn the same until he received the letter. I'd guess it is legal in my area, but I wouldn't actually know.
>>
>>15999033
>it had plastic bags for three days over the calipers so it was obvious I was protecting it to put it back together
>obvious
that would just look like garbage on your car to any normie niggers
>>
File: 1472296953478.jpg (27KB, 500x239px) Image search: [Google]
1472296953478.jpg
27KB, 500x239px
>>15998669
>>>/oven/
>>
>>15998417
>put jack stands towards center of car where they are hard to see
>throw cheap ass wheels with shit tires next to the car so it looks normal unless someone actually looks

done it before and it worked fine.
>>
>>15998598

that's when i would buy the shittiest, most redneck looking primered non-running 1988 V6 camaro, put a mexican flag behind the windshield and leave it in my driveway, sitting on its 4 perfectly inflated rotted mismatched tires
>>
>living in a city

faggot
>>
>>15998602
What fucking city would have a track in its boundaries?

All the tracks here are in bumfuck nowhere
>>
>>15999162
>non-running
running

Just so on the day before they are due to slap the violation on, you can fire it up and run it around the block once (belching smoke).
>>
>>15999194
Probably europ, where an hour from the nearest city is considered bum fuck nowhere
>>
>>15998569

Thats a funny way to spell Homeowners Association.
>>
>>15998580
your kind is not welcome on /o/

/pol/ is bro tier
>>
File: pizzaz cringe.png (240KB, 524x488px) Image search: [Google]
pizzaz cringe.png
240KB, 524x488px
>>15999526
>/pol/ is bro tier
>>
>>15999526
>>
>>15999601
The guy that trolls second life with the character you posted browses /pol/, idiot.
>>
>>15998417
quit blighting up the area, you're just as bad as niggers.

Or work on it in your garage.
>>
>>15998417
Homeowner's Association. They have a legal right to tell you what the fuck you can and can't do on your own property, and seize it for non-compliance.

If you don't mow your lawn, they'll take your house.
>>
>>15998417
im gonna clue you guys in on a a secrect because ive been the super loud asshole neighbor as well as the super nice friends with everyone neighbor

you you deeply integrate yourself into your community, going out of your way to talk to absolutly everyone no matter what

talk to them to the point where the avoid you because you always talk to them

if you bug them so much they leave you alone they wont care less when you start making noise so long as you leave them alone

i live in an apartment in a large city and i know the person who lives above me and on either side of me as well as accross the street and have friends in the building
>>
>>15999625
No means no
>>
>>15998598
ONE FLAT TYRE.
Useless fucking mongrels
>>
>>15998593
>Why would you cave? Leave it up and call their bluff.

Because if they tow it from your PROPERTY for a legal court-ordered event (violation reviewed by judge), then the tow charge is applied as a lien to the vehicle. The separate property ordinance violation fees are then applied as a lien to the property. A lien to the property is nothing to ignore since they also charge interest. And after a period of time ignoring the issue, you'll find a red piece of paper firmly taped to the front door giving you two weeks to vacate as the property was auctioned for the cost of the fees and fines. Thus whoever bought it got a great deal. If you owe mortgage, you still have to pay it as those do not transfer from you to the new owner of the property in the case of a confiscation by the state...
>>
>>15998569
>This sort of thing is becoming the norm most everywhere thanks to [insert race you don't like here] ruining it for the rest of us.

That is the CAUSE of such laws being passed. So those people are the original cause of the problem. They also people to create HOA.
>>
File: 1476421837451.jpg (222KB, 662x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476421837451.jpg
222KB, 662x1080px
>>15999854
>first moved here had issues with parking up front of my house
>settled it with one of the neighbors
>a few weeks ago we needed to mow the yard
>one of our neighbors lent us his mower
>it had a broken bolt on the handle and was held in place with tape
>I replaced the bolt and nut at let him know
>he was very grateful for it
>that night while mowing
>3 neighbors came over
>the guy who owned the mower
>a guy who offered to do the edges with his weeder
>and a 3rd guy who just wanted to say hello

Shit was weird.
>>
>>15999117
porsche ass is sexy af
>mayor wanted to see the booty
>>
File: IMG_9453.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9453.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>15999501
>belching smoke
Fucking kek, reminded me of pic
>>
>>15998417
Pic of citation? That would help if you actually want help.
>>
>>15999997
All I read was "yes"
>>
>>15998598

>1 flat tire is enough for the city to march in and take your property off your property

OP, you need to go around with a drill bit and start deflating a single tire on people's vehicles and then call the city.
>>
File: 1473140356132.png (621KB, 1326x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473140356132.png
621KB, 1326x768px
Why is everyone defending OP? If your car is in undrivable condition for more than 24 hours it needs to be taken away and sold on the cheap to someone that will actually take care of it. Auto neglect is very real and it started with the baby boomer generation. It's out of control now.
>>
>>16000387

Fuck you, I'm going to fix up that Camaro I've had under a tarp in front of my garage for the last 30 years. You kids wouldn't know a good car if you saw one!!!!!!!
>>
>>16000387
>for 24 hours hours
>have to replace passenger knuckle, control arm, ball joint, tie rod ends, sway bar links, rotors, brake pads

Yea nah nigga, I started working on part of it and was waiting on the knuckles to come in.
>>
File: 1462659030349.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1462659030349.gif
2MB, 350x350px
>>15999131
>plastic bag
>tightly secured with tape
>around a caliper ziptied to a strut
what i'm saying is there weren't loose parts (or plastic bags) laying around or under the vehicle, everything was tidy, well protected, and secured

I do live in the county so I won't say that ditched cars have never happened on my street
but this obviously wasn't a ditched car and it was three days (day i took them off, two days wait, day i put them on), normies are just fucking cancer
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.