[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of this /o/ 1999 Nissan Skyline R34 naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 00606_5Sr9EkZKvsO_1200x900.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00606_5Sr9EkZKvsO_1200x900.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
what do you think of this /o/
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 naturally asperated
he said he would be able to do $8500 (cad)
have yet to go see it in person so nothing final
i dont notice any huge warning signs besides the stupid bodykit
other than that i think its a good deal
>>
>>15996358
forgot link
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5823701179.html
>>
>gt
6k in top notch absolutely perfect condition without ricer shit, sure
>>
>>15996358
Go for it if you're starting a snow plow business.
>>
>>15996358
>http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5823701179.html

Not stock at all and utter garbage. If you really want it do an extensive inspection first.
>>
File: 1474354458246.jpg (9KB, 166x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474354458246.jpg
9KB, 166x194px
>>15996371
>>
File: mnuwgw.jpg (216KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mnuwgw.jpg
216KB, 1280x960px
>>15996401
yeah i think its only mechanically stock
cause its obviously visually modded

an inspection was the first thing i asked about and he said it passed BC inspection, said i can talk to the inspector and then gave me their phone number

im walking to egg shells looking for a decent skyline around here and i think this is the best one ive found so far for sub 10K

>inb4 NEO
>>
>>15996358
>buying a ruined non-turbo Skyline
>at all, ever
>>
>>15996455
>BC
>inspection
Only right when you import it, or get pulled over for clearly illegal mods.

That being said, OP, please for the love of fuck import your own GTT or GTS-t. NA skylines are SHIT. Trust me, you'll hate it soon.
>>
>>15996769
how bad can it be compared to my stock usdm 240sx?
im not looking to race
>>
>>15996809
It will be just as slow but considerably heavier and less moddable. You'll get less respect than your 240 once you pop your hood.
>>
>>15996809
>>15996815
Let me expand on that

If you're not buying it to race, then you're buying it for other things:
>muh driving feels
it handles like a brick, honestly, it's a pseudo luxury car
>looks
Okay, it looks cool, but you could have it look cool AND be everything else AND hold better resell value if it was a GTT
>attention
You'll get negative attention from the car community unless you, like, bag it or do something weird to it
>>
>>15996815
forgot to add its automatic

>>15996820
my plans with it would be to return the body to "looks stock"
try and get some decent looking wheels on it if not stock
and just keep it in good shape

and if i eventually get tired of it and want to get a gtst or gtt
ill just sell this one
and where i live any manual skyline or 240 would sell in a week

also everywhere i look people say non turbo r34 arent that bad and good for somebody with my goals
>>
>>15996847
It's fucking automatic? Dude DO NOT BUY THE CAR ARE YOU KIDDING ME, PLEASE
I LIVE IN RICHMOND JUST WAIT IT OUT OR IMPORT YOUR OWN, YOU WILL REGRET IT. PLEASE!
>>
>>15996847
You want to revert the body to stock? And it's an automatic, non-turbo. You realize this is a $2000 car stock, right? And you're wanting to buy it for 4 times that AND have to revert it to stock. Fuck, velocity has a GTT that's automatic for like 5 grand
>>
>>15996905
he means his 240 is auto

but shit still he could probably just manual swap it and still come out ahead in money and potential fun
>>
>>15996912
>>15996905
>>15996913
yeah i should have been more clear
my 240 is auto
the skyline is manual
and ive already played the looking for a transmission game
id rather spend my time and money on a better car
>>
>>15996912
>velocity has a GTT that's automatic for like 5 grand

http://www.velocitycars.ca/vehicles?Make=Nissan

why do you lie?
>>
>>15996923
Having a manual transmission is cold comfort when you're paying out the ass for a riced out poverty Skyline. You're literally paying for the badge and looks, the reasons why people buy Skylines (stout engine, big performance) are completely missing and you can easily get a better car for less money.
>>
>>15996933
>>15996933
They did before. I can't believe they finally sold it.

OP, get this one, I met the owner (bought the rims that came on this car from Japan) and he's a good guy, the car is fucking clean as shit too: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/5813589502.html

4 door GT with a GTT swap. I can guarantee it's clean unless he reinsured it and fucked with it, but the guy's into offroading now so he doesn't drive it
>>
File: 00V0V_gZA2IQBraGC_600x450.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00V0V_gZA2IQBraGC_600x450.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>15996948
its nice but that almost double my budget
also that skyline is super slammed yo

what about this
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5780760974.html
r34 g??
turbo
but its been manual swapped
>>
>>15996958
Looks cool too. But why not import your own? Seriously, most of these guys did and they are making money after having their fun with the cars.
>>
File: 53032513_614.jpg (50KB, 614x460px) Image search: [Google]
53032513_614.jpg
50KB, 614x460px
>>15996971
i want to stay away from importing myself because i would like to see the car in person before i buy it
those super low price tags are tempting but man i dont wanna get ass rammed
also dont want to deal with getting canada legal

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1998-Nissan-Skyline-GT-T_27394767

also found this
very local but again higher price and muh all black
>>
>>15996978
I mean, GTTs are pretty cheap to maintain. Auction grades in Japan are very trustable for body condition; they count for local sales too, and are meant for businessmen who are too busy to go see a car and so forth. They maintain that standard no matter who buys the car, obviously, be that you or an importer.

If you're hell bent on a local car, you'll be waiting a little while, and I trust a Japanese enthusiast over a local retard any day (have you met anyone from the car scene here yet?)
>>
>>15996984
ive met a few people from buying and selling
alot of people drift skylines and 240s down at the local oval raceway
also been to a local meet and they were alright besides the one bro bragging about his civic

>here
woah you an islander too brah
>>
>>15996358
>8K
>NA

No. Hell no.
>>
>>15996995
I spend a fair amount of time in Port Alberni because my dad lives there, but I live in Richmond mainly.

I'm just watching out for you, dude. Don't wanna be getting a shitty car for stupid prices. 9 grand can get you a hell of a car.
>>
>>15997006
Well thanks for caring
I just really want a skyline
I was originally trying to get an r32
But now that they are legal in america ive been out bid by americans a couple times now
Also there arent any around here right now in my budget
So im kinda desperate and might just take what i can get

I want to import but i dont at the same time
my dad thinks importing is worse than the plague
I know its not but he gets my worry factory goin
>>
>>15997040
This isn't a good thing to be "desperate" about

And remember, your dad's a boomer. He doesn't understand at all what he's talking about because he's never been able to import a car in this manner. I had my dad yell at me for wanting a GC8 STI because "those subaru trannies are horrible, son, they'll blow up on ya!" probably because he heard of someone's beat up automatic forester finally kick the bucket.

Don't worry, talk to some people who've imported cars. I'd trust an auction sheet from Japan more than I'd trust most people I've met around here, and the island is no exception. Just looking out for you.

Anyway, night anon, good luck!
>>
>>15996358
Cunt,
Ive owned skykines, have one right now and have driven most of them save a few gtrs. If you think buying a NA r34 is a good idea, you're delusional. The last time I drove one I honestly considered doing the owner a favor and crashing it, it was that depressing of an experience. It drives like an r34, except there's no boost there to pick up the slack, it's all slack, all 7000 revs of boostless rb25 drone. The na 33s are even worse of you happen to stumble across one. You're much better off importing or waiting for something to come up, otherwise I'll guarantee after 2 months of Na ownership you'll slam it into a tree because it's better than living with your poor decision.
Love,
A resident of the less shit colony
>>
They're literally awful. You get all the negatives of an import (high insurance, higher car theft, cop attention) with none of the positives. Save your money and get a turbo.
>>
>>15996371
hahahaha
>>
NA Skylines are complete shitbuckets. They just don't have power to haul that extremely heavy car.
>>15996995
>drift
Only turbo Skylines have LSD, just saying.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.