[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these batteries just memes? I'm looking for a decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: serveimage.jpg (1MB, 1946x1787px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
1MB, 1946x1787px
Are these batteries just memes? I'm looking for a decent aftermarket battery since mine is starting to die. Probably going to upgrade stereo and speakers soon after.
>>
File: 20160912_181044_resized.jpg (209KB, 598x1063px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_181044_resized.jpg
209KB, 598x1063px
Just get something with good decent capacity, good power and a good warranty

Also dont be a stupid nigger and put a new battery in without checking the alternator
>>
>>15994654
They are SHIT. Shit. Shit. We CONSTANTLY replace them at the shop. Normal O'reillys batteries last longer.
>>
>>15994654
Keep your radio stock, fag.
>>
Go with xs if you join the agm train.
>>
>>15994654
I hope you realize that an AGM battery does absolutely nothing to help with power delivery for a high wattage stereo when you leave the alternator stock.
>>
>>15994654
I have one that I got for free from my dad. Yellow top like the picture. Works pretty good, but you have to shim the posts because they are smaller than normal for some ungodly reason
>>
>>15994654
I have a red top. Lighter than the majority of other batteries, and it's a fucking battery. Unless you do some dumb shit and drain your power, it just werks.
>>
>>15994654
Go get a blem or refurb for $30.
There's no reason to spend $200 on a battery for a shit box.
>>
those batts are for camper vans lowriders cars with pumps fridges and other high energy shit
>>
>>15994654
Just get a stock battery. Unless you're going full nig mode and replace every seat with subs, you wont need a special battery.
>>
Great for 4x4s running multi battery setups with limited space. As you can have either a high amp/hour rating deep cycle or high cold cranking amp starter in a battery that's quite a small package. I've always seen them lasting 5+ years contrary to what the poster above me claims, although there's absolutely no reason a maintained lead acid battery wouldn't last at least 5 years anyway.
I wouldn't bother OP, unless you're aiming for space or weight saving.
>>
>>15994654
Everstart's the best. You can get a 5 year warranty for less than most other brand's 1 years, and they usually go out within warranty so you will get another one free/prorated.
>>
File: IMG_20160902_200128.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_200128.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>15994654
Car audio hardcore enthusiast here.

1. Battery cold cranking amps dont mean Shit.

2. Deep cycle is king for car audio. Deep cycle batteries actually matter and can go quite a ways in helping keep the amps above 13 on a stock alt.

3. You MUST upgrade your alt no matter what past 2000RMS. You are playing with fire otherwise.

4. A high output alt will ALWAYS be the better alternative vs a deep cycle.

5. Northstar and XS Power batteries are the best. Yellowtops are ok but If you are really serious about keeping your amps stable... Get one of these two.

I have an XS Power D1200(because of space issues). It has kept the amps stable at 1700RMS or so about roughly three times a week for 8 months! Just for reference.

My build is true 0ga Sky High power and ground on a Boss 5000(good power for price, working on upgrade) with an Orion XTR PRO 15.

Nothing super insane but i work with the budget i have.
>>
>>15994965
>hardcore enthusiast
>boss audio
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>15994965
Also to add:
>keep amps above 13
That would be voltage you shitstang. A fucking battery has nothing to do with an alternator's ability to supply current.
>>
File: 310.jpg (30KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
30KB, 600x646px
>>15994981
Again... I have a budget.

Boss is crap... But, Boss also delivers a ton of power vs price. It may sound like crap but it delivers power in its chassis respectibly. If you know anything about internals, fuse count, etc you would atleast know that. Use to have an Orion HCCA amp. It was far superior to this Boss amp i have now, but it blew and hardships happen around here unfortunately.
>>
>>15994665
just to add

if it keeps running after you start it and doesn't die on you from lack of electrical power then the alternator is fine and only the battery needs to be replaced

if it does die on you then definitely get your alternator checked
>>
>>15994985
My bad, yeah voltage... Sorry.

Always mix those up like a retard.
>>
>>15995024
http://www.mobileedgeonline.com/mobile-edge-tests-the-real-world-output-of-2-amplifiers/amp/
>boss is gud I swear
>Memphis 1000 watt amp output is 4x that of the boss 1000 watt amp
>>
>>15994654
The way it was explained to me makes perfect sense

Truck battery's. Thank me later

Think of amps as battery life
Truck battery's from what I hear carry around 10-12000 amps

Regular car battery's only have a max of 6-7000
>>
>>15995100
>12000 amp battery
>needs a 1000 amp charger to charge in half a day
Holy fuck this board.
>>
File: IMG_20160907_110757.jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_110757.jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
>>15995060
Yeah, no shit...
Here, let me give you some useful knowledge. Im not gonna blast you. I'll be reasonable because i know a fuck ton of people dont know this and i totally understand the confusion.

Ok, so first off, lets use some common sense here. The Memphis amp is a near $300 amp while the Boss is like $60... Ok, im sure the Boss will be able to compete... No, not really.

See, peak power is a lie and we should all know that. So the only way of finding out what you are really getting from these amps is if by fuse count(every 100 amps is ROUGHLY 1000RMS) or the better but more knowledge required area- Taking the lid off and looking an internals.

Im not surprised in the slightest that the Memphis amp rated at 1000RMS beats an amp rated at 1000peak... Go fucking figure. At the same time i whole heartedly guarantee you that the Boss 5000's will deliver MORE power at $100 less than the Memphis.

Yes, the reliability is shaky and yes the amp freq spectrum is trash. But it WILL deliver wattage.
>>
>>15995152
>I'm not gone a blast you
Because you're a fucking retard and can't. The Memphis amp is 1000 RMS watts and the boss is claimed to be 2000. Yes, TWO THOUSAND rms. At the same input voltage, the boss amp was 250 watts. That's 12.5% of the claimed rating. I guarantee you that your cheapshit $150 amp isn't putting out anything near to its claimed RMS wattage. But by all means, please keep trying to justify you buying flea market trash.
>>
>>15995100
I've never seen you say anything that made any sense to anyone with any experience in the subject you're talking about.
>>
>>15995183
Pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>15995167
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Boss amp ratings are rediculous aswell. You obviously dont know how amp internals work either so...

Just admit you are getting your info from the internet and not actual experience. Should probably learn what internals actually are before throwing those rediculous claims in anyones face.

What part about HCCA amp did you not understand? I acknowledge Boss is crap but you obviously have no idea how a chassis works so... Why bother.
>>
>>15995211
>hcca amp
I'm not talking about orion here. You're claiming that your cheap ass amp is just as good as a Memphis that actually puts out its claimed wattage. I clearly cited a test that proves this point. You're doing nothing but repeatedly saying I don't know what I'm talking about when your defense is hurrr "rediculous" ratings but they're still gud. You're just throwing together random shit and hoping it makes sense. Whatever helps you feel better about being a poorfag.
>>
>>15995183
>yfw you totally agree with Brosifine
Not that you're significantly better, but far out does GM Dude try to pass tripe off as gospel.
>>
File: IMG_20160606_202853.jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160606_202853.jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
>>15995243
Ok. Heres an Orion amp on its back. Guess whats its wattage is.

Again, you should have no trouble telling what the wattage is IF you actually know what the fuck you are talking about.

This was MY amp, picture taken by ME. I know VERY well what this amp makes. If you cant get this right then you csn fuck off.

Youve got about 40 seconds to respond, no google searches, faggot.
>>
>>15995276
>the poorfag in a shitty mustang that doesn't know the different between amp hours and voltage is this mad.
Again, not talking about orion here you delusional fuck. Stop moving goalposts to hide the fact that you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>15995276
Oh and before you try lying about having and HCCA amp, realize that the model number to your shitty cobalt amp is on the board you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1476161190903.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1476161190903.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>15995287
I think you know what time is it... Time for you to fuck off.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea what you are talking about.

Heres a recap for you
>moron
>i know more about amps than you
>i dont know how internals work
>dodges question with a n-no you are moving goal posts

We are done here.
>>
>>15995299
I know its a cobalt you moron... Never said THAT amp was a Cobalt.

What kind of moron would think im trying to pass the literal internals of an amp where it literally says cobalt on it? Yeah, ive had a ton of amps, thats just one of them.
>>
>>15995323
*Never said that amp wasnt a cobalt.

Fuck me.
>>
>>15995314
>>15995323
Kek. Poorfag is still upset. Enjoy your flea market shit that costs less than my alternator. Go vacuum mommy's rug while you're at it.
>>
>>15995314
3rd party here, looks like the other guy is blowing you tfo, you'll have to do better than that
>>
File: IMG_20160403_022441.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_022441.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>15995349
You seem like you know a lot about the topic at hand.

Wattage on this chassis? 40 seconds. You can fuck off if you get it wrong just like him.

As you can tell, another amp of mine.

I know very well what it makes.
>>
>>15995349
40 seconds is up.

Fucking off now?
>>
>>15995375
>keeps calling amps a chassis
>doesn't know that it's literally just what the circuit board is mounted into
>takes a picture of another flea market amp with the "wattage" on the box
God fucking damn you're still this mad. It's time to do your homework kid. You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.
>>
>>15995385
If I fucked off you would stop making ridiculous posts, you already set the standard high by getting amps and volts mixed up after calling yourself a "hardcore enthusiast" but something tells me you can still outdo that
>>
>>15995389
Wowzers, you are a moron.

Still dodging that question and throwing randon insults that hold no ground.

You still prove nothing the more you type.

Listen man, youve already proved you dont know what you are talking about. If you did you would have answered my question when you should have, at that point in time you would have proven atleast you know a bit of what you are talking about.
>>
>>15995276
>>15995375
I'm going to guess both are 800 watt since there are 4 capacitors in both
>>
>>15995403
Gonna end this now.

I present a $200 Power Acoustik amp making near 5k RMS at 0.5ohm
THIS IS A cheap $200 amp that makes almost FOUR FUCKING TIMES the wattage as your pathetic Memphis $300 1000 watt amp.

https://youtu.be/tYgZeSLXXjM

And now you both can get put in your place. GG.
>>
>>15994654
Buy an Odyssey battery, or better yet, buy the Die Hard battery made by Odyssey. A 3rd of the price.
>>
>>15995406
>wowzers
Kek. The only thing you've proved is that you're an autistic kid that gives pointless arbitrary time limits to reply to a question about your garbage cheap ass amps. As heartbreaker and I have already pointed out, you're trying to point fingers when you can't tell the difference between amp hours and voltage. Not to mention that you think an AGM battery will affect the output of an alternator. By all means, keep getting angry and posting shit pictures of amps with plexiglass covers that explain how "high tech" they are. You could wire all of your shitty amps down to 0.5 ohms and I guarantee you they couldn't blow one of my Focal tweeters.
>>
>>15995409
Orion is CEA Compliant at 1600RMS at 1ohm.

The other is obviously 800 watts. Number of caps mean nothing. There could be one hundred small caps rated at 85 degrees or there could be 6 massive caps rated for 105. The Torodials(copper circles) are the power of the amp. They are typically what you would be looking at mainly for figuring power. The bigger they are, more there are... More power.
>>
>>15995430
By bad... FIVE FUCKING TIMES THE POWER AS YOU PATHETIC 1k Memphis amp.

Gtfo.
>>
>>15995430
Do you really think anyone is going to look at a youtube link or your pictures when you don't even understand how DC electricity works, and start your posts as if you are going to "win" the thread?
>>
>>15995446
Here you go, moron.
https://youtu.be/tYgZeSLXXjM

Again, $200 Power acoustik making 4700RMS. You wouldnt know this because of how stupid you are. Hopefully you learn from this. Your $300 pathetic Memphis amp gets shitted on by this cheap chinese amp.

In case you missed your wake up call.
>>
>>15995480
>my memohis amp
No, I have 4 JL slash amps built by a reputable company that are worth more than your car. Keep getting angry that your shitty amps are garbage poorfag. Such a badass when you're a keyboard warrior online. Ask mommy for more allowance money so you can get another "5000 watt amp."
>>
>>15995472
>gives firm proof of arguement
>disregards proof.

Heres more proof you dont know what the fuck is going on! Oh, im loving this!
http://youtu.be/76Q-En0SKaM

Heres a shit chinese SSL amp making almost twice as much as your memphis amp.
>>
>>15995501
>JL Audio

I know why you hate cheap amps, now.
You hate the fact that i make more power than you and i pay 1/4 the price!
>>
>>15995519
>I make more power
>from amps I don't actually have
>>
>>15995507
>my memphis amp
I have a $20 pyle amp, I don't give a single fuck about car audio, I only found you embarrassing yourself to be entertaining and am excited to see what unfolds next
>>
>>15995501
In the pro car audio world we laugh at those who buy JL.

70% paying for a name. Kek.
>>
>>15995525
Good thing you're just a retarded kid then.
>>
>>15995520
i could buy that ONE Power Acoustik amp for $200 and make more power than you paying $2000 on JL amps. Holy fuck, kid.
>>
>>15995537
>hypothetical from things that will never happen
Have fun with your shitty ford alternator actually supplying the power a bench provides. Oh wait you have an AGM battery, that means the alternator outputs more amperage!
>>
>>15995523
>being proven wrong
>admitting to knowing nothing about the topic openly
>claims im embarrassing myself
>>
>>15995549
I'm 100% sure heartbreaker has more automotive knowledge than you could ever find on google. One shitty youtube video proves nothing. But then again, one guy works on high end supercars and one just looks up videos on YouTube for evidence.
>>
>>15995549
>proven wrong
What did I say that you proved wrong? Please quote the post I said something wrong in

>admitting to knowing nothing about the topic openly
I know 200x more than you will ever know about DC electricity, you don't even understand it's basic principles, which was evident from the beginning and how I knew that your posts would turn into a hilarious trainwreck
>>
>>15995533
Vs a retarded kid who spends thousands on amps when if you did your research you would spend half and get the same output from Image Dynamics or Sundown. Fuck, even RE rivals JL and thats before you get into US amps... Oh, never heard of half of those?

Bro, you are a joke. JL? Really? I bet you also think the W7 is the greatest sub ever made.
>>
>>15995546
Ok, while you just spent $2000+ on JL amps i spent $200 on ONE amp and the rest on electrical. dude, thats $1800 on electrical! You still lose by a massive margin.
>>
>>15995578
I didn't pay anything near what you think I did, but keep searching those forums for all the civic drivers bashing decent amps.
>poorfags angry they can't afford good shit
>>
>>15995594
>I spent $200 on a flea market amp and still have stock speakers
Still pretending you're winning some argument, huh autist? I have $1200 in my 4 amps because I actually replaced speakers and didn't think some shitty head unit amp was "good 'nuff" in my shitstang.
>>
>>15995558
Well, if you were paying attention(clearly you werent) then you would know i posted TWO videos. Brain half there today?

Those videos prove quite a bit. And if he thinks they dont mean anything then i highly doubt he knows more than me. He wasnt even confident enough to guess on amp guts so... Very doubtful of that.
>>
>>15995613
>I posted shitty amp pics you have FORTY seconds to guess or you're an idiot!
>I posted TWO videos weren't you reading what I put huh huh hub? YouTube is GOD I WIN
Fucking autismo.
>>
>>15995573
>cheap amps dont make shit for power.

Then i posted proof so. Yeah.
I bet you thought power acoustik didnt make wattage, huh? Surprised that one amp for $200 makes almost 5x as much as your $300 memphis? I know you wont admit it. Your stupid and bias. But if you wont admit it to yourself after firm proof then i think you have a problem.

I know im getting baited. But hopefully some others might learn from this.
>>
>>15995644
>your stupid
>>
>>15995597
>amps cost more than your car
>i didnt pay anywhere near as much as you think i did

Which one is it, moron? Do you enjoy being a hypocritical idiot?
>>
>>15995653
>cheapshit early 2000s v6 mustang
Nothing I said was hypocritical. Your car is trash.
>>
File: tumblr_l90dazdfLD1qczo7h.png (146KB, 459x302px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l90dazdfLD1qczo7h.png
146KB, 459x302px
>>15995609
>assumming i have stock speakers

Another arguement you cant win.
>>
>>15994672
Fuckkk
What this dude said. I work at autozone, they're shit and overpriced. We never sell any
>>
>>15995663
>arguement
Even with spellcheck you still manage to fuck up every post. Go ahead, post your boss audio speakers rated for 12,000 watts.
>>
>>15995620
While you STILL havnt given any evidence for your side.

Hypocrit.
Dude, even if i had Bill Nye show you results in your basement you wouldnt believe them. Thats how biased and stupid you are.

What fucking proof do you need?
Its obviously producing those numbers on the SMD Dyno(you probably dont even know wtf this is.)

Im done. Really.
I left my proof of cheap amps giving good power in video form.

Do your research. Really.
>>
>>15995708
>I'm done
You said that 30 minutes ago yet you're still here.
>hypocrit
For fuck's sake use spellcheck for once in your miserable life. You have to be a high school kid. Nobody is this stupid. Want to keep pretending about some cheapshit bench test on an amp you don't own or do you want to fuck off and do your book report?
>>
Again, for reference. Cheap amps do produce good wattage for cheap.

Here is your proof for the thread.
A $120 SSL amp doing 1761 RMS on an SMD Dyno.
http://youtu.be/76Q-En0SKaM

And here is a $200 Power Acoustik amp doing a very impressive for price 4700 RMS at 0.5 ohms. Mind you also STABLE at 0.5 ohms.
http://youtu.be/tYgZeSLXXjM

Listen, every cheap amp sounds subpar and every cheap amps reliability is a shot in the dark. But when they work they do great numbers vs price.
>>
Deka ETX9
>>
Yes and no.
Apart from returning _two_ under warranty of just a single unit, they're stronk as fuck, light and can handle a full discharge like a pro.

On the flipside, warranty in my country sucks ass (nz). Also, they cost 3x that of a regular ol' cranking tank battery.
>>
>>15994654
AGM batteries are high tier, but Optima is ridiculously overpriced even among AGM batteries.

But don't bother with car batteries at all and just buy a LiFePo4 ATV battery.
>>
>>15995452

What the fuck are you talking about? You clearly have NO IDEA how power amplifiers work. Jesus capacitor temperature ratings.
>>
>>15996908
>Hur toroidals do all the work
You're right, he's a shit for brains.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>15996908
>>15996927
Coming from the same morons who dont believe the SSL 5000 can do over 1500 RMS on an SMD Dyno.

Also didnt say torodials do ALL the work. Just looking at amp guts to guess power they give a good hint.

Pay attention.
>>
>>15994654
wat a gay battery
>>
File: 1454519383026.jpg (29KB, 323x317px) Image search: [Google]
1454519383026.jpg
29KB, 323x317px
>>15995644
As an observer, I have to say, you sure are fucking retard. And possibly very autismal too.
>>
>>15995665
I work at Advance. Can confirm. Just go with the store brand battery. Give yourself about 100-150 cold cranking amps over your OE spec for when it gets cold if you live in that sort of climate. Do not run things off of your battery like lights or the radio for a long time unless you buy a deep cycle battery. Have them check your alternator for you. It's free. It'll kill batteries if it's bad.
>>
File: PE_20161014_184539.jpg (52KB, 360x196px) Image search: [Google]
PE_20161014_184539.jpg
52KB, 360x196px
>>15998775
It has become fairly obvious that /o/ is just not a board for car audio and it shows, especially when people here think JL is something special. But i guess thats what i get for trying to teach a few people about some things they dont know about and a hive mind takes over. Cant win that one. Not because im logically at fault. My only goal in all of this was to disprove pic related. Did my best, posted evidence to back up my claim that cheap chinese amps can produce good power for price.

What sucks here is i cannot prove that my particular Boss amplifier provides over 1500RMS. It VERY likely does but people blindly follow the stigma of cheap amps to this day completely oblivious to actual real world performance. I have already admitted the amps faults long before this arguement but it will do more power than that 1000watt Memphis amp and it will put out more power than a Slash 1k for 1/4 the price.

I have been doing car audio for way too long to just accept rediculous claims. Ive had tons of amps hooked up properly, shit i buy car audio just to collect some of it, everything from Boss to US Amps. Orion, Power Acoustik, Sundown, Skar, DC Audio. I come from a place where if you dont have a system in your car then you are doing it wrong. Where people would rather put 5k into the car audio system and put 500 into the car rather than the other way around like most people.
>>
File: Walking_in_Traffic.webm (484KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
Walking_in_Traffic.webm
484KB, 450x340px
>>15994654
>Are these batteries just memes?

Optima brand batteries are memes. The AGM category (of which these optima batteries are part of) is not a meme. Optima makes a lot of sales to the audio gear crowd that does IASCA competitions. In those situations, having color-matched items is a plus unlike using ugly blocky black plastic batteries which get poor styling points.

>Probably going to upgrade stereo and speakers soon after.
If you are not going for a huge number of watts, then you don't need to get a larger alternator if it isn't some minimally engineered car (chinese, korean) trying to shave costs. Most cars' charging systems work with larger batteries so you can probably upgrade by getting a battery with larger capacity. Read your owner's manual to check if there is warning about substituting different-sized batteries.

If you have certain modern cars with two batteries, you'll have to limit your audio wattage based upon the other battery.
>>
>>16000245
>optima being in ANY kind of competition in 2014-now

No. Everyone goes XS Power now.
A few go Northstar.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.