[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I have never ridden a motorcycle in my life, and am about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1476157529663.jpg (200KB, 693x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1476157529663.jpg
200KB, 693x1040px
Hello, I have never ridden a motorcycle in my life, and am about to start taking lessons.

I was wondering which kind of motorcycles would be the most comfortable to go back and forth from work in nice weather?

I tried to do some research and they said touring motorcycles are a bit complicated for people new to motorcycles, but they seem the most comfortable.

are cruisers comfortable?

Also, it seems Kawasaki Vulcans and Nomads get good reviews and are allegedly comfortable. They seem low priced and highly respected from what reviews I have read. What are your thoughts?

if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. I have a budget of 3-5k.
>>
Cruisers are the most uncomfortable. You want something with a seating position that puts all the weight on your wrists and hunches you over.
>>
>>15986454
doesn't that seem like being hunched over would get really uncomfortable after a while?
>>
>>15986460
In my experience the upright cruiser position destroys my lower back from the straight up and down motion.

A super sport on the other hand is tyring on your inner thighs from constant braking down hill and stomach muscles from holding that position but it doesn't hurt my back since its at a enrgonomic angle and I get more buff from using my muscles.
>>
>>15986490
*an ergonomic
>>
>>15986490
>super sport

nobike detected. I've ridden sport bikes for around 8 years now and never once have I heard anyone call their sport bike a SUPER sport bike, EVER.
>>
>>15986496
Well that's what I call them.

https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/スーパースポーツ
>>
The smartest thing you can do is buy a Honda CB 250. Great starting bike, easily maintained, super efficient and they have a large following. Very comfortable for riding and the position never caused me any issues. Either that or buy a dual sport. Both bikes have a great turning circle, whereas a sports bike or traditional cruiser are shit.

Source: owned a CB 250 for 3 years, sold it on when I was more confident, bought a DRZ400 to pursue the outback
>>
File: 1476262897495.jpg (10KB, 212x138px) Image search: [Google]
1476262897495.jpg
10KB, 212x138px
>>15986439

That's a big forehead.
>>
dont buy a big ass cruiser if you want to commute, get something like Honda CB500 so its both comfortable and allows for quick movement in traffic jams
>>
>>15986663
>>15986748
Or a Kawasaki EX 250/500.
The vulcan is setup for freeway cruising. Sport bikes are designed for maneuverability.
The little CB's and EX's are very forgiving- you can recover from a situation quickly when you overcompensate or just wind up somewhere you shouldn't be.

I personally think the dual sport is the best choice- spend plenty of time in the dirt crashing before you get on the road.
>>
>>15986439
Sportbikes are like humping a basket ball
Cruisers are like sitting on a sofa and offer the control of sitting on a sofa.
Touring and adv style bikes are the best mix of comfort and control.
Dualsport lack some of the comforts of touring bikes but have great durability for new riders and the inevitable drops and fuck ups that learning brings with it.
>>
>>15986439
Liter bike, you won't have time to get uncomfortable
>>
>>15986671
Does your dad know you're gay?
>>
Entire thread
Nobody mentions UJM
>>
IMO id get a Suzuki sv650 or something similar.

Perfect middle road like bike, enough power for you now and in the future but not so much to feel intimidating or scary for a new rider.

I am starting on an 1100cc Honda shadow cruiser, wouldn't recommend if you can avoid it.
>>
>>15986439
My dad has Vulcan and It's comfy as fuck
>>
>>15986439

I would highly recommend that you just get a cheap 250. The reason being that new motorcycle riders do not actually know what type of motorcycle they want until they have been riding for a while. I used to be hell bent on getting a sport bike....so I did....but I really don't like it now and honestly find the ideas of cruisers more and more appealing despite being a cruiser hater initially.

Something like a Ninja 250 is very cheap, easy to work on, and widely available. Other alternatives include a CBR250 or a Nighthawk 250. Both of these are fine as well but their popularity and documentation honestly pales in comparison to something like the Ninja 250 which has long been established as one of the most successful motorcycles ever produced. It's a great beginner bike and it's very comfortable right out of the box.

Some people will recommend bikes like the SV650 which are also incredibly good and cheap general purpose motorcycles.

Do not buy a new Ninja 300 or Yamaha R3. These are overpriced bikes.
>>
for >>15986671
>>
Street Glide! not too big and not too small...
>>
File: 2009-Suzuki-V-Strom650-DL650b.jpg (203KB, 1600x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2009-Suzuki-V-Strom650-DL650b.jpg
203KB, 1600x1440px
>>15986439
Wee Strom lots of suspension travel, upright position, legs underneath you. Also cheap as hell and will run until the sun burns out.
>>
>>15986439
i need to get laid
>>
>>15987336
+1
>>
>>15988891
also +1
>>
>>15987690

Don't buy a fucking 250 unless you are a small asian that weighs 95 lbs. Buy a 500-750 so that you aren't bored to tears after you've been riding for more than a month.
>>
>>15986500
gosh darn weaboo
>>
>>15989832
>Telling a beginner to buy a 500-750

You must be fucking retarded
>>
Honda Cub
>>
>>15990688
There is literally nothing wrong with starting on a 500 you little pussy.
>>
>>15989832
How's about you ride one first, instead of spreading the "hurr 250 a slow" meme.

Yes, they're slow, that's the point. No, you won't get bored of them in a month if you ride on anything resembling a corner.

>>15990688
>using an arbitrary engine size as a measure of how good a bike is for a new rider
>>
Starting bike tier list

>God Tier
SV650

>Great Tier
CBR500, Ninja500

>Okay Tier
GSXR600

>Outgrow in a month tier
Ninja250

>Not as starter tier
Japanese Cruisers

>Kill yourself if you ever buy one
Harley Davidsons

>Final Boss Tier
2L Turbobusa with extended swing and anime wrap
Dixie cruiser with flag mounting, ape hangers, and no front brake
G R O M
>>
Just get an Ninja 300.
>>
>>15990698
>Calling me a pussy
>Probably never ridden a bike

Cry yourself to sleep faggot, you're just salty because your dad never let you ride his shit tier 1000cc huh?
>>
>>15990769
You forgot the best one though

>Elder god tier
GS500
>>
>>15987367

No, but I'm not gay.
>>
>>15990769
>recommending a gsxr600 for a guy who is eyeballing vulcans

dont get a 250 but also dont get an inline4 sport bike. Or get a 250 and get bored and sell it a few thousand miles later. Everything else is taste
>>
My first bike was a Honda CRF250L. It has a great following and can find anything you need help with on Google. It can also be taken off road which is why I bought it because I go /out/ all the time. I bought an aftermarket luggage rack for like $100 and carry all my gear on.

You can find a used Honda CRF for like $2K.

I'm now thinking of buying a Harley Night Rod for cruising.
>>
The only thing you should be riding is my dick in your ass. Seriously it's 2016 if u have to ask 4chan on bike advice u should just kys...fat pussy
>>
>>15986439

Nice bod, but good god, put a paper bag over that head.
>>
>>15986671
She could have a better hairstyle too tph
Maybe it's just the wind.
>>
>>15990688
Nah, you're the fucking retard here. I started on a 500 and rode it for over a year and a half. 500 is the perfect size for a starter imo. It's fast enough to be fun, with enough power to teach you how to use it. I don't like 250s for that reason. They're unbearably slow
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.