[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Model 3 a giant meme or is it a really great car? It sounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: model 3.jpg (49KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
model 3.jpg
49KB, 750x450px
Is the Model 3 a giant meme or is it a really great car? It sounds pretty great... I don't know what to believe anymore.
>>
Should be a great car when released.

The major problem for Tesla,is the price. They'll hit their federal tax credit production limit quickly. Then the car's after tax price goes up another 7500.
>>
Interior is literally dashboard and ipad.
I want the 80s depiction of the future.
Glowing buttons that do shit
>>
>>15985730
I like the minimalism.

>>15985675
What do you mean? Unless I am mistaken, it's $35,000 BEFORE a $7500 tax credit.
>>
>>15985787
The Credit has a condition. When a manufacturer has produced 200,000 qualifying vehicles, it gets phased out for them.

It is 27500 with the fed tax credit, and that is the bare bones model.

Tesla is going to prioritize current tesla owners. people on the west coast of the USA, and people that bought fully loaded cars, for first delivery.

so the people wanting a cheap 200 mile range EV sedan from Tesla, are going to get screwed out of the credit. which might cause a lot of orders to be cancelled.

meanwhile makers that barely sell any EVs at all. will have the credit for years and year.

though people cancelling tesla orders might go to another make. the only current competitor is the chevy Bolt, which is 37000 before tax credit, 2000 more than the model 3.
>>
>>15985822
Ah, this is food for thought. I still think 35k is a bargain for what you get.
>>
>>15985834
Fuck off.
>>
Probably the best commuter car you can buy

However, people will still buy gas cars for longer trips
>>
What is a meme to you OP? Things you are ignorant about and have yet to form an opinion (read:yet t be given an opinion from /o/)?

Is everything a meme until 4chan le redpills you? XDD
>>
"is this car that won't come out for another couple years a great car?"

Don't ask retarded questions
>>
>>15985610
Go to be Elon
>>
>>15985610
Meme car. They'll spend two years hyping it up, and then it will suffer massive quality control issues, the price won't be as advertised, and only the highest end model will actually have the features people want.
>>
>>15985610
Won't have free super charging, the Chevy Bolt has more range, and will be available in months, not years.
>>
Go buy one.

More money for the rest of us to get off this shit planet. Mars sounds fine.
>>
>>15985610
the windscreen goes back waaaaaay too far, you'll be blinded by the sun any time of the day

it's also reminiscent of a guy with a receding hairline
>>
>>15987454
>he doesn't have driving sunglasses
>>
File: 1476248220889.jpg (11KB, 244x178px) Image search: [Google]
1476248220889.jpg
11KB, 244x178px
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>15987622
>I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
>>15985610
It's great.. but you have to remember electric cars aren't going to save the planet unless our entire power grid switches to renewable energy sources.

Which is why we need to vote for Hillary because that's one of the issues she's going to focus on. Construction more renewable energy sources in the United States
>>
>>15987937
It's me again.

Also the manufacturing of the batteries already hurts the environment.

http://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f22/toyota-factory-turns-landscape-arid-wasteland-11994/
>>
>>15987937
>vote for Hillary
no
>>
>>15987937
CTR minimum wage virgin go home pls
>>
File: 1473710827906.jpg (198KB, 1117x920px) Image search: [Google]
1473710827906.jpg
198KB, 1117x920px
>>15987622
>>15987878
>>
>>15987937
Commercial energy generation is considerably more efficient than any car engine and with battery systems like what Tesla is building, traditional energy generation will be more efficient than ever.

You won't correct the record here
>>
>>15988061
you won't either trump lover.
>>
>>15987937
>vote for hillary

nah nigga.
>>
>>15988070
the weight inefficiency of your obesity is probably the biggest driver of poor environmental performance, rather than any dispute between electric or ICE
>>
>>15988070
I'm not a Trump supporter, the improvements offered by electric cars are significant. Adding more batteries to the grid will increase the value of coal, natural gas, etc as well.
>>
>>15987937
vote for hillary. turn your power bill from 5 cents a kilowatt hour to 35 cents a kilowatt hour. just like Germany has done with their meme energy imitative.
>>
>>15985610
Let's wait until the production model actually exists. Until then it's just a meme car.
>>
>>15988023
saved
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.