[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>On my commute to school >Drive by this one Toyota dea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

>On my commute to school
>Drive by this one Toyota dealership every day
>two old 80's celicas, one red one black sitting outside
>look pretty cool, wonder how fast they will sell
>...two years later
>out of curiosity, see if they are available online with pricing
>10k each. what the actual fuck

literally why

http://www.stcharlestoyota.net/search/preowned-celica/tp-md568/

I get they look like they have been well taken care of and have low miles, but jesus christ. Are these cars actually desirable for collectors or something?
>>
they are meme shitboxes
>>
>>15985260
>sports car slower than a v6 accord
>>
>>15985260
had no idea these cars had the same engine in my Toyota truck. I guess I'm closer to Takumi status than I thought.
>>
>>15985495
Also I must ad. As someone who daily drives with this engine these cars must be slow as shit. It's amazing what used to be considered a sports car compared to today.
>>
>>15985499
Well the cars were much lighter, that helps a lot.
>>
File: DSC_0048erdeeee.jpg (3MB, 2812x1288px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0048erdeeee.jpg
3MB, 2812x1288px
>>15985499
I have one (an '85 GT-S), it is. That being said, it's not painfully slow like some cars (Like say an old diesel Mercedes) where you actually struggle to get on the freeway or something, but it's definitely not fast.

10K is definitely too much. The Celicas are not collectible, it's the Supras that are. Also, that's not even the GT-S (GT-S was the top trim with IRS, 4-wheel discs, fender flares, sweet 8-way adjustable seats shared with the Supra).

>>15985558
Actually it's not as light as you might think. Curb weight is roughly 2,700 lbs. Definitely a light car by today's standards, but not as light as say the AE86 (Which I think are like 2,300 or 2,400 lbs
>>
>10k for old ass Celica
>8k for 74 beetle
>20k for a 1928 Ford Model A

What the fuck is the dealer doing?
He's going to have these cars sitting forever in his warehouse/lot like this, space better reserved for other inventory
>>
>>15985729
The IRS was slower than the SRA though
>>
>>15985740
It could be a money laundering thing or cover. So they actually don't want to sell cars.
>>
>>15985782
Would still rather have the IRS though.

If you're curious, here's the weight difference (I have the '85 Celica brochure):
GT-S liftback: 2714lbs
GT liftback: 2551lbs
>>
>>15985499
>currently DDing 78 celica hatch with 20r while I fix doritos

>blew manifold to exh gasket doing hurricane skids

>developed a misfire

>sounds like it has a fucking cam in it
>>
pre 85 celicas are rwd so people think that they are ae86
>>
>>15988006
The manifold gasket on my truck has a leak as well. I think it sounds cool because I have shit taste so I'm not worried about it.

...which is what I tell myself because when I tried to replace it I broke one of the bolts off and now its flush with the block forever and there is nothing I can do.

Thankfully mine isn't misfiring.
>>
>>15990404
Drill...the bolt out? Why not just do the job right instead of fucking around?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.