[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Euoropeans can't afford cars and have to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: road-bike-classic.gif (19KB, 650x404px) Image search: [Google]
road-bike-classic.gif
19KB, 650x404px
Is it true that Euoropeans can't afford cars and have to ride their bikes in the snow?

I told some Euro friends of mind that I own two cars and they were in awe. One of them said something like "You must be eating at five star restaurant every day!"
Now, they do a thumbs up and wink whenever they see me. Weird shit
>>
There's a reason any knowledgeable person calls them europoors.
>>
>>15985074
>You must be eating at five restaurants every day! There is no bicycle that can support this weight
>>
>>15985074
are you sure they weren't being sarcastic? like they were faking being impressed by your two car ownership?
>>
>>15985074
>euro is a whole country
If they're northeast(cuckland) it might be true, but southwest (Italy and spain) everyone and their grandma has a moped, a shitbox or a proper motorbike
>>
>>15986557
Yeah nah, plenty of cars up north
>>
>>15985074
lmao best thread ive seen on /o/ in a long time
>>
>>15986576
>plenty
>same as isisland
>or australia
>>
>>15986587
The difference being a lot more of their vehicles are some gay two wheeler shite that isn't that popular here for obvious reasons
>>
File: väsynyt kuski.jpg (85KB, 1464x1079px) Image search: [Google]
väsynyt kuski.jpg
85KB, 1464x1079px
Students maybe, but everyone in Finland who works or is masculine in any way has at least one car. I'm a student and have car + motorbike + scooter and live in the city center, get along well and have plenty of money to spare.

I don't think I even have a bicycle anymore...

Plenty of kids here drive moped-cars too, but that's daddy-money.
>>
>>15986947
this

The public transit is nearly non-existent outside of the Cucksinki region.
>>
>>15986947
>scooter
>masculine
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>15986991
>reading comprehension
>>
>it's an "Americans are baiting for muh automotive superiority even though they know that their transport model is unsustainable" edition
The thing is in Europe you can have a car if you want and not have one if you don't. Americans are forced to have cars. So-called freedom.
>>
>>15986947
>not having a bicycle to pedal to the local and crash into a ditch on the way back
>>
>>15986996
in america even the poorest people can afford cars

In Europe it's a luxury
>>
>>15987067
>In Europe it's a luxury
>being this delusional
>>
>>15987125
most yuropoors can't even afford houses or internet
>>
>>15985074
it has more to do with urban life being expensive overall and exponentially expensive if you have a car while living in a decently-sized city. The few large cities designed cor cars or carriages are crowded and way too expensive, smaller towns still have old urban organisation that does not welcome cars at all, making public transportation, bikes or walking not only cheaper but more practical in a lot of cases.
If you live in the countryside, it's really possible to have several cars (although you will end up fucked by the insurence prices)
>>
>>15987140
What part of urban life is it you don't understand?
>implying you could afford to buy a flat in NY, LA or any major city with prices comparable to that of London, Paris or Vienna
>inb4 burgers starting to lie about making several hundreds of thousands dollaridoos a year while living in bumfuck-nowhere
>>
>>15987067
everyone can lease a shitbox.
every household in my area has 3-4 cars. i have 2 and i work as a regular sales rep. for most people here its not about the money but the overcrowded cities. you are stuck in traffic jams most of the time anyways so there's no point in sitting in you car for 2 hours when you can commute the same distance in 20 minutes with subways.
>>
File: perjantai lasinpesunesteet.jpg (37KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
perjantai lasinpesunesteet.jpg
37KB, 500x358px
>>15987055
>Mfw there's five bars within a 150m from my front door and I still get drunk at home
Drinking at a bar every weekend is the only thing left here that's more expensive than owning a car
>>
>>15987067
In America cars are made affordable for even the poorest people because they're a necessity. It's like bragging about cheap bottled water.
>>
File: vitun vittu.jpg (79KB, 1194x1079px) Image search: [Google]
vitun vittu.jpg
79KB, 1194x1079px
>>15987140
What european countries are you talking about? Anything not run by niggers or nigger-kin or slavs is fairly luxurious even if you don't have a lot of money. In America, many places you can't even have unlimited internet at home, not to mention on your phone! Meanwhile I get unlimited 4G at 50mbs and 1000min + 1000texts for 20€/month + free internet in most apartments, otherwise my carrier provides 10mbs/10€, 50mbs/15€, 100mbs/20€, 1000mbs/40€ (when in a section where they are a provider). That's still a more expensive carrier I have, but from what I heard, american prices are still kiked up in comparison.

Insuring my car with 0% bonus at 20yrs old was 650€/a and 200€ tax. I payed all of this easily without taking a student loan and working under 30h/week and still afford a 1.2k budget vacation.

And if you're lazy and don't want to work, welfare will nigger your shit up real easy so you can afford this basic shit without any more luxuries like buying TV's, Computers and useless shit. A friend living in a student pad just bought a 60" curved 4k TV, so the charicature that we wear raggy clothes and warm up in front of a single chunk of coal is Disney fantasy.

Even I'd have more money if I hadn't fallen for the multilink suspension-meme.
>>
>>15987294
Why are you taking the bait?
>>
>>15987152
> implying any of the cities you named are close to the size of NYC
Rich and upper middle class people people move to rich suburbs, generally around an hour from the city with large amounts of land and large houses. The cities are full of the poor and middle managers. See: Connecticut.
>>
>>15985074
Depends on the country.

I'm from Hungary, every gopnik-type guy has a big luxury car with fifteen miles to the gallon, whereas people who don't care about cars just buy an econobox.

I assume the people you were talking to were Belorussian or something, because the used car market in most of Europe is super healthy and it's not hard to get a decent car at a good price.
>>
>>15987067
I hate that stupidity of this magnitude is not punished with a death sentence.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.