[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been looking into getting a 2008 CLS550 with the n/a 5.5l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2008 Mercedes CLS 550 5.jpg (587KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
2008 Mercedes CLS 550 5.jpg
587KB, 1000x664px
I have been looking into getting a 2008 CLS550 with the n/a 5.5l but havent found many with over 100k miles. Is this because they just arent driven often or they just dont last long? how long should these engines last?
i currently have a w211 and the trans is about to go at 110k.
>>
>>15985034
DO NOT BUY ONE YOU DAFT CUNT!

Modern cars especially luxury brands like Mercedes are not built to last. If you buy one with over 100k miles or anywhere close you are going to be DEEP in the fucking hole when it falls apart on you. You can't afford the damn car so don't buy one with extremely high mileage.

I know you'll just ignore this post so please post a follow up when you inevitably make the stupid fucking decision to buy one and you get burned.
>>
>>15985076

i am looking into buying it from a family member and they have all the service records from MB, i know they havent had any problems with it and they are giving me a good deal. i plan on doing all the work myself like i have been with the W211. i always see threads on here saying MB go for over a million miles if properly maintained and arent driven short distances.
>>
>>15985034
make sure the vin isn't affected by the balance shaft, engine grenading problem.
>>
>>15985034
Pretty sure the 5.5 isn't affected by that. I know my fucking 3.5 was though, what a fucking pain in my ass.
>>
>>15985034
A simple LS swap will cure the unreliability
>500 dollars and a weekend
>>
>>15985034
ask yourself, can I afford this car brand new?

if the answer is yes, then you can buy that car without worry

if the answer is no you can't afford it

furthermore

>have mercedes about to shit itself at 110k
>better buy another one at 100k

get yourself a lexi landbarge
>>
>>15985034

How the fuck you fucking fat burguer munching retards fuck up your transmissions so much?

I fucking hear this shit all the time.

hurr durr muh tranny is kaput

For fucks sake. None of my cars ever needed a transmission. None of my clients cars ever needed a transmission and I know several of them that are upwards of 300.000Km, some into half million km's. Excluding some clutch changes for the more aggressive, none needed replacements, neither the auto versions.

HOW THE FUCK YOU FUCKING RETARDS MANGLE SO MANY TRANSMISSIONS?!?!?
>>
>>15986654
its a mercedes m8, they aren't known for quality
>>
>>15986656

Fuck you and your memes. I had several Mercedes, I currently still have an E55, BMW's, VW's, Saabs, Citroëns and even Hondas.

They'cars like any other. It depends a lot more on the driver than anything else. Excluding the occasional oddball models, but that has more to do with being an informed buyer.

I'm a mechanic by trade, primarily with german cars and proper Mercedes are nothing subpar.

So piss of with your memes about the disguised Mercedes with Renault engines cause those aren't Mercedes.
>>
>>15985034

I used to think these were kind of ugly, but it looks really nice in this photo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.