[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were Australian manufacturers losing money in the auto manufacturing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: final-ford-territory.jpg (240KB, 1422x948px) Image search: [Google]
final-ford-territory.jpg
240KB, 1422x948px
Why were Australian manufacturers losing money in the auto manufacturing industry?
>>
Because raising the minimum wage doesn't help the economy.
>>
>>15956244
Workers wanted more money, also nobody wants Falcons or Commodores because SUV's are what's being pushed.
>>
>>15956244
Small market
>>
Because they're upside down and they're not reading their charts right.
>>
>>15956285
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>15956288
After I'm done shitposting here I'll go there.
>>
>>15956293
>reddit cars for actual car discussion
>/o/ for car shitposting

makes sense.
>>
>>15956285
nice post, dad
>>
>>15956244
Because they made complete garbage

>but muh burnout muhsheens
>>
File: 1470739815851.jpg (54KB, 930x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470739815851.jpg
54KB, 930x960px
>>15956244
High Aussie dollar, high production and wage costs means no exporting opportunities. Small domestic market (less pop than texas) and enticing imports means Aussie manufacturers bleed money even on government life support.
>>
probably lazy ass fucking spending too much time making bantz
>>
>>15956275
um...I want a falcon and a commodore. Its too bad they don't make base models like that here in the usa
>>
>>15956244
Because they make something retarded called the "ute"
>>
>>15956326
This + to make matters worse, anyone who isn't a bogan doesn't want these cars. Over the years owning these cars has become a bad look, whether you like to admit it or not.
>>
>>15956244
Because muh unions
>>
Because union workers demanding 100k a year for putting parts into place on a production line and hourly ciggy breaks.
>>
Because they spend too much time shitposting to fer any work done.
>>
>>15956323
Whether or not that's true, it doesn't matter if the car is complete shit. So long as people like them, they will sell. Both were the best selling cars here of all time, but costs and a micro-managing gm/ford meant they couldnt do anything to further the brand or build something other than a falcodore.
>>
File: NSW_HighwayPatrol.jpg (50KB, 665x456px) Image search: [Google]
NSW_HighwayPatrol.jpg
50KB, 665x456px
>>15956577
>Over the years owning these cars has become a bad look, whether you like to admit it or not.
It's actually a shame really, the the VF Commodore is actually a pretty refined and good looking car, the FG and FGX not quite as much but a very decent step above previous Falcon generations. Australians are being conned into thinking that base model Audi A4's and BMW 320i's are a premium luxury vehicle, when in fact they're not. The only point of these cars is so stupid people can play the game of keeping up appearances... anyone worth their salt is going to know the difference between an E Class and a C Class.

I work in a reasonably sized corporate environment... most people own shitbox 4 cylinder Audis, and get charged out the ass when they have to get them serviced. That and big ugly dumb "luxury crossovers" like X3's and Q7's.

Modern Australian cars are good... better than their American counterparts. Apparently the Chevrolet SS exported from Aus to the USA is of better quality than anything else in the Chev range, as many Americans here on /o/ and elsewhere would have me believe. It was a case of too little, too late in terms of Ford Aus and Holden stepping up their game from years of generic, floaty, and otherwise unexciting barges which earned them a firm foundation of ill repute.
>>
>>15956244
because australians are unemployable
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.