[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just failed to replace a rear wheel bearing and In having a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161006_224109~2.jpg (703KB, 2442x1835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_224109~2.jpg
703KB, 2442x1835px
I just failed to replace a rear wheel bearing and In having a beer right now, AMA.
>>
File: IMG_1597.jpg (15KB, 126x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1597.jpg
15KB, 126x188px
>>15953475
Why do you suck so bad?
>>
>>15953486
It's a pretty shitty job, desu. I usually go through with repairs. This though...
>>
>>15953486
Depending on the vehicle bearings could range from "simple and easy", to "Holy fuck what is this even...?"
>>
>>15953552
Since it's a BMW and the rear wheel, it's the latter. You have to knock out the drive axle drive shaft and that's where I threw the towel, because there's a good chance I might ruin something.
>>
>>15953626
Nah m8 you could do it, fucking a driveshaft/axle up is pretty hard work in its self. You cant really fuck anything up unless you're really trying to. Just have a go at it m8.
>>
At least you didn't have a danger to the manifold. All jokes aside at least you don't have to try to take off a rounded bolt to a transmission like I do.
>>
>>15953475
always good to take a break when you get to frustrated. After sleeping on it I bet you'll wake up and bang it out fast.
>>
>>15953708
Shit, man. Best of luck with that.
>>
Thanks for the support, guys.
>>
>>15953475
>>15953626
put the nut on backwards and thread it on until its flush with the stub then whack away. if you have 2 hand sledges hold one on the axle like a dolly and strike it with the other so you dont get wild swing damage. You don't need to remove the axle all the way, just break it loose, if its a hub assembly that bolts on from the rear just push the axle back enough to get at the bolt heads.
>>
>>15953626
yeah that job's a pita, rip
>>
File: IMAG0291.jpg (2MB, 4000x2240px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0291.jpg
2MB, 4000x2240px
>>15953475
Wheel bearings aren't so bad desu. Did you rent the proper tools for free from your local auto parts store if you don't already own them? I did all the bearings a couple weeks ago. Piece of cake with the right pullers, drivers and slide hammer.
>>
'What is a puller for $500'

On a similar note just did the front wheel bearing on a nissan murano. Fwd too.

Took the puller, hammer and chisel to even budge it. Once it got a little movement was able to work it out from there
>>
>>15953626
Yea that's a shit job.

Use a piece of wood or rubber as a barrier and go to town on it.
>>
>>15954706
I have a set of tools, but no slide hammer. That might be a problem, too.
>>
I don't understand.

What the fuck do you mean beat the axle out? Every BMW I've worked on it slides right out from the inside. Just like every other spline axle.

All you need a puller and separator for this job. and optionally a press.
>>
>>15956832
brass hammer is good for getting driveshafts out of hubs m8, its softer than steel so it doesn't deform it, but you can still give it a decent beating
>>
>>15956832
>no slide hammer
>doing an axle job
are you an absolute mad man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.