[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want one of these babies as my first car... I am willing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ss+(2016-10-04+at+10.23.19).jpg (527KB, 1858x707px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-04+at+10.23.19).jpg
527KB, 1858x707px
I really want one of these babies as my first car... I am willing to pay for any upkeep but is it really worth it in canadian weather? If not, similar ones to suggest?
>>
You have absolutely no idea how much money those cars are worth, do you?
>>
>driving a g-body in the winter
If rot's what your after OP go for it.
>>
>>15943735
They sell between 10-20k here... I dont think that's a huge deal.
>>
>>15943737
>>15943735
Okay well nevermind, I guess im a dumbass
>>
Nothing quite looks like a G body but you'll have a hard time finding a decent one and maintaining it on a shitbox budget in Canada. Best option would be to look for a clean low mileage V6 Cutlass and have it sprayed gloss black on top and undercoated.
>>
>>15943741
a good quality GN is around 20-25 here in the chicagoland.
>>
I personally love the gbody malibu coupes
>>
File: 92208_001.jpg (628KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
92208_001.jpg
628KB, 2304x1728px
>>15943797
Aero coupe best
>>
If you get one put some big ass speakers in it and blast Wiz Khalifa.
>>
>>15943749
Don't know until you ask. It's just that /o/ is full of 13yo bus riders so you get savaged for asking.

Neither one are good choices for winter weather since they're basically constructed using 60's era techniques that leave a lot of places for road salt and moisture to collect and cause rust. Not to mention the 30-year headstart rust has on you now.

Of the two, the SS Monte is the cheaper and easier to deal with since it's nothing more than a 60's style muscle car itself. The Turbo Regal is easily double the value of the Monte, much faster even stock and responds to mods well. Downside is they're old and the electronics are getting flaky. Lots of ECM failures, particularly in the chip that converts analog signal to digital and injector drivers. Cam sensors have always been a problem for these and time and China hasn't helped.
>>
>>15943815
Always reminds me of Hoobastank's "the reason".
>>
File: 00L0L_jOL5voPCDR0_1200x900[1].jpg (63KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
00L0L_jOL5voPCDR0_1200x900[1].jpg
63KB, 675x900px
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5812568145.html

Again I'm fucking telling you get a Cutlass. They're much more common and you can find one in great condition for less than $5000, usually a lot less. Leaves a shitload of room in your budget for paint, snow tires and preventative maintenance.
>>
I mean, you dont deserve to own a GN as a first car because you will probably mod it then wrap it around a tree. Get the Monte because its a third the price and the dudes your trying to impress wont tell the difference.
>>
If you own one of these without hydraulics and wire wheels you are a massive faggot.
>>
>>15943854
again?
>>
>>15943823
Thanks anon.

I really wish I could get either, but im guessing it would be a waste if I drove it in the snow, and like you said the age makes it difficult to maintain. But god damn they are gorgeous cars.

maybe a volvo 780 will help with my withdrawals?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.