[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

84 vette... so basic 350 chevy it was running money. pulled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: xP6EQku.jpg (210KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
xP6EQku.jpg
210KB, 1200x675px
84 vette... so basic 350 chevy

it was running money. pulled the intake manifold off to port, then put it back together. no vacuum leaks, sensors all tested fine and calibrated perfectly.

barely idles
and under any freerev load it backfires up the throttles.

after everything, i think it has to be the distributor one tooth off and firing too early, so it should be retarded. it didnt idle long enough to use the timing gun.

distributor turns clockwise, to retard i could take it all the way out and move it a 'tooth' clockwise? or could i take the cap off and turn something there? the more i think about it the more i confuse myself - so just posting this up here.

the cap cannot be clocked at all.

thanks!!
>>
>>15937846
did you 180 the dizzy?
>>
i dont think so?

sometimes it can idle and ill slowly roll into the throttle and itll be perfect

sometimes i can start it with the throttle half open and itll run perfect

90% of the time its shit.
>>
>>15937846

If you are familiar with distributors, did you reinstall it with the cap on?
>>
>>15938048

Try it and see what happens
>>
>>15938119
Also could be wasnt seated all the way and spun out 180 deg
>>
>>15938093
not really. i changed the cap and rotor when i got it and everything was fine.

the cap is seated perfectly, paid attention to that.
>>
>>15938159

When you put the distributor in, cap off because the rotor will turn like a 1/4 turn and you need it to be clocked for TDC cylinder 1.

Did you make sure to do that?
>>
i had to bump the starter to get it seated and worried its a tooth off now.
>>
File: 4851710-1411976877-.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
4851710-1411976877-.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>15938207

Omg.
>>
>>15938236
its common practice, the oil pump only lets the dist drop half down.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.