[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Japanese cars really more reliable or is it just a big meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 6885.jpg (128KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
6885.jpg
128KB, 800x489px
Are Japanese cars really more reliable or is it just a big meme? I want to buy a 100k+ mile car because but I dont want to buy some boring plastic shitbox
>>
>>15935316
Not so much anymore. For the 90s and 00s, Hondas and Toyotas were the best but even then most 'Murrican cars had good drivetrains but other shit broke.
>>
Japanese marque cars are more reliable. One of the most reliable sedans you can buy is the Camry, which is made in the US with mostly US parts. It's still a camry though.
>>
>>15935325
what are some re;liable manual transmission american cars that you would recommend? lm looking for something 2008 and up
>>
>>15935316
Jap cars are reliable because outdated technology and undertuning
>>
>>15935348
oh and I'm only referring to honda and toyota here tbqf
>>
>>15935332
Just like Hyundai and Kia
>>
File: c9.jpg (37KB, 400x390px)
c9.jpg
37KB, 400x390px
>>15935333
>manual transmission american cars
>>
>>15935369
wut?
>>
>>15935333
i've read great things about the manual focuses. Ford in general is meh for automatics. I have a 14' fiesta with the DCT automatic and you can feel times where its not sure what it wants to shift to or the shift feels real rough. my car in particular has had a recall though, so different model years may act differently, but this seems to be the case for any of their "dry clutch system"
>>
>>15935373
There aint many of them. Unless you're talking about sportier upmodels like the Focus ST or something like that you're going to be hard pressed to find a regular car with a manual 08 and above.
>>
>>15935379
>>15935380
yeah i know ford foci are good but what else
>>
>>15935380
Your basic commuter could give less of a shit about a manual transmission and would prefer an automatic since most people that live in cities are in heavy traffic. Manual becomes nothing but nuisance at that point

I know because I had to
>>
>>15935389
>Ford Foci
Kek
>>
>>15935316
I'd say that reliability is on par with any other car manufacturer, but the big benefit isn't necessarily that.
Because jap cars tend to be much cheaper cars, they're mass sold and mass produced, allowing for plenty of 3rd party parts manufacturers to provide mechanical components on par with the factory components for a cheaper price. So when shit does break, as it does on nearly any car, it's much easier and much cheaper to find replacement parts.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>15935348
>>15935354

>1984
>Chevrolet Camaro 2.5L Iron Poop
>85 HP

>1984
>Toyota Corolla AE82 FWD
>90 HP

as you were saying, cletus-bob podunk mchillbilly III?
>>
>>15935409
>1984
>1984
>1984
>1984
>1984
>1984
>>
>>15935316

Japanese manufacturing has always been superior when it comes to value. The blend of cost, reliability, and functionality simple can not be beat by any other manufacturer. The Jap Giants have had decades to bounce ideas off each other (both directly and indirectly) and have bar none streamlined the most efficient and reliable manufacturing process. You'll notice this common trend across all the big Japanese brands especially when working on them. You would be amazed how similar the assembly is in a generic Honda vs. a generic Nissan. They do it because it is cheap, effective, and reliable.

Due to brand image, the Japanese aren't really able to attain the status of being "the best" when discussing high level automobiles. These ranks are reserved to Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc....

And that isn't because the Japanese can't do it -- they certainly can. You can see it evidenced in the world of motorcycles as well. The Japanese created the fastest production and even track production motorcycle ever but no one cares.

btw i literally have no idea what im talking about lmao
>>
>>15935415
>GM hasn't been able to compete for over 30 years
>>
>>15935415

let's go forward to 2004, then

>2004 Corolla ZZE110 1.8L L4
>130 HP

>2004 malibu
>needs a 2.2L engine to make more power
>>
>>15935390
Anyone who says that manuals aren't a pain either don't drive much or commute in a major metro area.
>>15935379
Once other manufacturers catch up to VW I think manual's days are numbered. If you buy a performance car you'll want the fastest model available, and that's almost always going to be the DCTs once they're developed.
>>
>>15935456
To be fair you can run those GM engines dry on oil for a couple months and they will probably still drive fine.
>>
my 2002 mazda 626 is FLAWLESS suck a dick faggots
>>
>>15935409
>no tarbos
>no direct injection
>4 speed automatics
hmmmmm
>>
>>15935333

I drive a 2009 pontiac G5 5 speed. 120k miles, never had any issues and still in great shape. Somewhat fun to drive. Great on gas. Bought it new and drove it thru college.
>>
>>15935497
>ecotec
>not dying to oil starvation

also
>>15935456
>faggots that don't know what torque is
>"needs a bigger engine"

in the newer cobalts they went from a 2.4l to a 2.2l
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.