[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How/why did Subaru become the hippy dippy feel good brand? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

How/why did Subaru become the hippy dippy feel good brand? They can easily market themselves as a Japanese version of Dodge but they don't. It puzzles me.
>>
File: sm64scuttlebug.jpg (150KB, 1014x1022px) Image search: [Google]
sm64scuttlebug.jpg
150KB, 1014x1022px
>>15930379
>they can easily change people's perceptions of them

how did Trump become a blabbering orange racist idiot? he could easily campaign as a smart, savvy businessman who's a political outsider
>>
>>15930390
I'm afraid you're on the wrong board.

You need to go this way >>>/pol/
>>
>>15930379
Why would they market themselves as a Japanese version of dodge?

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>15930411
Because it would make sense. Subaru has quite a performance history.
>>
>>15930417
no they don't. a little rallying, but that is about it. Subaru was a history of being 4wd cars for people that didn't want to get Jeeps, Broncos, or trucks or drive their saabs or volvos in the snow.

Subaru has always been a liberal commie car and always will be.
>>
>>15930417
But why would they do that? There is no reason to do that.
>>15930478
>liberal commie car
What are you on about nigger
>>
>>15930417
Yes bit dodge wasn't really about performance until relatively recently
>>
>>15930379
>How/why did Subaru become the hippy dippy feel good brand?
How many 20+ year old Outbacks do you see on the road, a goddamn lot of them.
>They can easily market themselves as a Japanese version of Dodge but they don't. It puzzles me.
I'm unable to make the same determination.

They took over the dependable hatchback market from Volvo. Hippy dippy people aren't interested in experiencing a lot of capitalism. Capitalism is a necessary evil to them, so they like to buy the fewest vehicles possible.
>>
Subaru is the choice for vapefags, cucks and crazy cat ladies.
>>
Subaru took all of the old Volvo market share once ford started fucking everything up. All of the hippies, lesbians, libartstudents, wagoncucks and so on flocked to them.

Why change shit when you have a new, fanatically loyal customer base?
>>
>>15930379
An interesting read that answers your question pretty well: http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/how-subarus-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-lesbians/488042/

tl;dr: they accidentally became popular with gay people (20 years ago when nobody acknowledged the existence of gay people) and decided to take the opportunity of an untapped market - today, it can more openly be part of their company's image
>>
>>15930379
>Japanese version of Dodge
how?

Dodge makes shit handling pigfat cars with a huge engine.

Subaru makes basically the opposite.
>>
File: 1402674734118.jpg (36KB, 604x406px) Image search: [Google]
1402674734118.jpg
36KB, 604x406px
>>15930629
You are retarded
>>
>>15930402
I think anon makes a good point. Subaru has been taken over by SJW types so they've gotta cater to the audience. I mean ask a sjw-trannie or a FtM or a tank-feminist what they drive and the answer is gonna be Subaru. Feel good is no-offensive and caters to their main current sale audience. It's a pity thou because had they more courage they would see that maybe another kind of branding is possible and it would generate bigger sales. Thou this one isn't too bad either.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.