[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Green text thread new car technology is stupid edition >be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 200_s.gif (14KB, 355x200px)
200_s.gif
14KB, 355x200px
Green text thread
new car technology is stupid edition

>be me 17, midnight, crave 7-11 food
>took dad's spare key, and thought out how I should go about doing this
>I'll turn the car on, and slide out the driveway in neutral so that I don't wake dad up
>but apparently they lock the steering wheel and brakes when the engine isn't running
>freaked out as the car isn't braking or steering
>runs into neighbors nice Subaru WRX STI parking across the street
>cries like a little bitch as the anti-theft alarm wakes the whole neighborhood up
>no insurance, still paying the debt till this day
>>
>>15925799
>be op
>be fucking retarded
you deserve it you dumb fucking shit.
You could have had a debt for anything, OP.
You could've had school debt for a good job
You could've had car debt like STIman for a nice ride
You could've had credit card debt like you just hit New Orleans up for a good time and lost it.
Instead, you chose to hit someone's property.
Kys my man.
>>
File: bestthingever.jpg (47KB, 788x540px) Image search: [Google]
bestthingever.jpg
47KB, 788x540px
>>15925799
All you had to do was turn the key to run without hitting the starter.

Fucking inbred moron. You deserve the debt.
>>
File: pants_on_head_retarded.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
pants_on_head_retarded.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
How fucking loud is the car that you couldn't start it? And how retarded are you to forget the emergency brake is a thing?
>>
>>15925799
>freaked out as the car isn't braking or steering
Brakes do work even without power brakes in the USA. That is usa law. You just have to stomp harder because it is now manual brakes and not power brakes. The failsafe option is there because of usa federal government safety law.

It was your mistake to not stomp the brakes. But instead, you only had your "oh noes, where are the super easy to use power brakes?" reflex.
>>
>>15926785
oh that was whats happening, what about the steering? is it the same for power steering?
>>
>>15926830
>what do you think supplies power to "power" steering and brakes
>>
File: vittu sinäkin siinä.jpg (84KB, 1431x1079px) Image search: [Google]
vittu sinäkin siinä.jpg
84KB, 1431x1079px
>>15925799
You deserve the debt you fucking idiot.
>>
>>15925799
>not pulling the handbrake
>illegally operating a vehicle at all instead of fucking walking/cycling to 7-11
>"craving" garbage convenience store """food"""
Sounds like you deserve everything that happened to you.
>>
>>15925799
>new car technology is stupid
Power steering and brakes aren't new technology. My '89 Honda would do the same thing in the hands of someone as stupid as you, as would many other cars that are even older.
>>
>>15926830
You are 19 so you haven't experienced driving the older cars from the "no power brakes" era. In most cars now, the brake pedal is some little thing that only one foot fits on. But way back then where power brakes was not standard, the brake pedal was double wide. You could fit two feet on it. Weak people or those wearing heels could use both feet to stomp hard on the break pedal. The brake pedal was the widest pedal in the car.

Kids nowadays are spoiled by power steering and power brakes. Can you imagine today's teenage drivers needing to turn a steering wheel around two or more times for a tight turn? And it's not just turning the wheel so many times but how hard one has to grip that wheel to turn it too. It's why some people wore driving gloves. Not due to the cold but so that they'd get better grip on the smooth hard material of the steering wheel to turn it fast without slipping.
>>
>>15925799
>I don't know where my emergency/parking brake is
Alright retard
>>
>>15925799
Instead of bitching about OP's stupidity gonna post my own story
>be me
>rent Opel Astra H during holidays
>Is actually top of the line version with all bell and whistles
>Has Rear and front parking sensors
>Only parking sensors I had used to date was Volvo parking sensors
>Astra parking sensors show on the screen distance to any obstacle
>Annoying beeping, doesn't really give you idea how close you are to something
>Turn that shit off, only annoys me
>MFW when it turns on next time I start the car and can't ever fully disable that shit.

>Have rented Renault Espace
>try out new remote parking feature
>MFW after 5min of trying to park the car with parking assistant I almost end up having crashed to Lamp-post.

Honestly, most tech in modern cars is utterly useless and just money drain.
>>
>>15926963
Not OP but I'm 19 and never driven a car without power steering/braking. My 87 4runner has both and it's the oldest car I've driven. No one I know has a car old enough for me to see what it's like. :(
>>
File: 1273194107777.jpg (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1273194107777.jpg
58KB, 250x250px
>>15925799
You are beyond a fucking idiot. I'm glad this is becoming a point and laugh at OP thread instead of an actual green text thread.
>>
File: 1429159158406.jpg (43KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1429159158406.jpg
43KB, 600x782px
>>15925799
>but apparently they lock the steering wheel and brakes when the engine isn't running

You were a fucking stupid child, weren't you?
>>
>>15925799
that's not new technology dumbass

My 02 civic si doesn't let you turn the wheel in neutral without the car on.

Would you prefer it if Tyrone could just roll your car out of the neighborhood with no keys?
>>
>>15926963
Broken/unpowered power steering is nearly impossible to turn compared to manuel steering.
t. drove an early 90s Ford
>>
Went from power steering to no power steering and now I don't want to go back.
>>
>>15928250
>Would you prefer it if Tyrone could just roll your car out of the neighborhood with no keys?
Harbor Freight does sell car dollys for $19.95 a pair. With two pairs, all four tires are now rolling along and Tyrone can push your car over to the trailer-hitch type trailer he stole from someone else. Then they winch your car onto the trailer and take off. Mission accomplished.
>>
>>15928281
Nearly impossible? Fucking weaklings, I blew a spark plug in my Mountaineer and as a result the engine stalled, killing my power steering and power brakes while coming around a curve to a stoplight. I was able to turn the wheel and get it to stop no problem. Was a little harder but if you faggots can't manual steering and brakes, you need to cut up your license.
>>
>>15928459
>one power steering failure is exactly the same as another
>>
>>15928418
> not doing weight increasing on your car
> his shitbox doesn't weigh 8000lbs
Kek.
>>
>>15929825
They're not going to cart off some 8000kg vehicle in the first place. They case targets first before striking at night. Break the window. Pop hood. Cut battery power to stop tracking GPS. Tow it off for chopping.
>>
>>15928593
The two ARE the same. Motor not running, as a result power steering pump not pumping, forcing the person behind the wheel to rely on the mechanical connection, making the wheel turn harder. If anything, mine would be more difficult because bigger wheels, more weight on them, ect. But continue to justify being a pussy, it's our generations calling card.
>>
>>15928459

The difference being you already had speed. Power steering cuts off once you gain speed because the car is no longer hard to turn without it.

My brothers car doesn't have power steering and I literally can't tell a difference when I get up to speed.
>>
I'm 25, I've driven without powerbrakes, without powersteering, with mechanical brakes, without A/C, without heat.
And that's not counting the cars with those features that failed.

It isn't complex, just annoying.

10" steering wheels ftw.
>>
>take my Audi in for service
>they run out of loaners and give me a regular used Q5
>get a keyless fob to start it
>no hole at all where the ignition is
>sit in the vehicle in front of the main entrance like a dumbass for a while locating it

Minutes later I find it in a non-obvious location.

I was expecting a regular key and ignition, or fob that stays in my pocket and a START/STOP ignition button, but the fob must be pressed into a weird hole I think near the AC duct.
>>
>>15925799
Surely this is pasta.
I remember the exact same thread premise + dumb story before
>>
>>15928281
>Broken/unpowered power steering is nearly impossible to turn compared to manuel steering
kek
>>
>>15928418
Sounds a little sophisticated for Tyrone
>>
>>15930642
>Sounds a little sophisticated for Tyrone
You're only looking at the lowest end Traytray. There's quite a few american negroes that cooperate in small groups to do their thing. We have those small groups in our area but the great majority are solo operators.
>>
Does anyone know what happens to a steer by wire or brake by wire car if the signal goes out somehow?
> fuse blows
> die
>>
>>15930897
I'm guessing the car stop itself and refuses to go anywhere in theory.

In practice, you die and they claim you were distracted.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.