[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a cheap 2002 Mustang GT for only $800, but the ad sa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 00F0F_1jlLyJZ0TRn_1200x900.jpg (95KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
00F0F_1jlLyJZ0TRn_1200x900.jpg
95KB, 1200x675px
I found a cheap 2002 Mustang GT for only $800, but the ad says it has engine problems. What could be the real problem with it?

http://stockton.craigslist.org/cto/5803574451.html
>>
i have driven one of those
man they run like shit

its the wimpiest v8 ever. it just felt like total shit

but a good deal is a good deal if the engine donesn't have any real mechanical faults.
many people take their cars to stupid mechanics who just want to slap them with a pricey repair bill. so there is a viable chance the engine is not damaged. but you really have to be the judge of this. ask the stupid nigger what the engine sounds like or why he thinks its broken
>>
>autotragic
>timing is off
>vales is fukt
>kept by a tardo who is likely still using the oil it came with when he bought it
Just walk away
>>
Buying a 4.6 Sohc.. ever

Total fail. No power and useless engine when it comes to making any good power while maintaining driveabilty and longevity. Even with pi heads and a lot of engine work, it is nearly impossible to get them past 450hp
>>
If the seller admits in the ad that it has problems, especially engine problems, stop reading and move on.
Also those things are slow garbage.
>>
>>15920631
he said he's willing to sell it for $500 now though
>>
>>15922106
Body seems alright, buy it and swap the drivetrain
>>
>>15920592
Offer him $600, take that POS dog that is the SOHC 4.6 and drop in a Dohc aluminator.
>>
>>15922130
>d
:)

That will cost roughly 10k to drop one in and a good drivetrain. wiring harness etc...
>>
>>15922106
LS swap it over the weekend
>>
>>15922137
Find a wreaked one maybe?
>>
The tick could be an exhaust leak or valve tick. But most likely it means that a spark plug is a bout to blow. Very common on these due to the heads have very little threads to hold the plugs in.
>>
>>15922181
How would the threads be repaired?
>>
>>15920592
What the fuck lol I bought a mint condition low mile GT for $3200 and you're over here asking about one for $8000 that the seller ADMITS have problems hahaha
>>
>>15922219
Nvm sorry I have autismo
>>
>>15920592
it has no engine?
>>
>>15922106
Offer like >400, then buy a junkyard engine and swap it in.
>Sun damage
But honestly its not really worth the hassle because it isn't in that great of shape.
>>
I saw do it, but swap something else in there you can afford and build your project car

One piece at a time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.