[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have experience using an antique licence plate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Does anyone here have experience using an antique licence plate in virginia? Is it true you cant use the car as a daily driver? What hapens if i go out of state?
>>
>>15916391
I'm UK so can't help, but how would they prove you were using it daily?
>>
>>15916397

By seeing it parked anywhere but at a car show?
>>
Virginia don't give a shit. I know more guys than I can count with my fingers that use their trucks with farm plates as a daily driver. You will need a second car however to put down as your general use vehicle.
>>
>>15916403
if you're only allowed to drive to and from car shows what's the point?
>>
>>15916490

No inspections, the plate looks rad
>>
>>15916490
>>15916494

that sorta makes some sense, I suppose. but here in NC the actual law is this: after 40 years, you no longer have to have any sort of inspection at all. and that's with a normal plate.

so I suppose the logic is that if your brakes have been inspected 40 times that they have proved themselves.

I own a 65 F100 that I drive weekly, so I am not bullshitting. When the inspector guys kept telling me I did not need an inspection I called the DOT. needless to say, nobody there seemed to have an IQ over 75 and kept wanting to discuss emission requirements which of course did not exist in 65.
>>
>>15916503
Its 35 years. But otherwise your right. I got a 79 toyota corona that is free from that particular government extortion now.
>>
>>15916490

Because it's restrictive, it lets a lot of things slide. Like inspections in some states, emissions requirements, and you can insure it as a classic car for cheap since to the insurance company it's spending almost it's time in a garage being looked at.

But you have limited times and miles that you're allowed to drive it. If you're over, it'll show on your yearly registration.
>>
File: 1462661116972.jpg (660KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462661116972.jpg
660KB, 1350x900px
>>15916494
Who gives a shit about inspections in the US, they only check for existing lights and mirrors anyway. I'd understand it here in Germany where it's strict as fuck but US inspections are a fucking joke.
>>
>>15918712
I can tell you have no clue what you're talking about because there is no such thing as a "U.S" inspection. Inspection laws are upheld on a state-by-state basis and even at a county level some municipalities can require no inspections and some can require an inspection so rigorous unless it's a mint condition, stock, new vehicle it wont pass.
>>
>>15918722
I very much know that they're state to state, but there isn't a state where they're not a joke so you might as well lump them together. Plus roughly half the US population aren't subject to them, as are an overlying but not identical half of the population in regards to emissions. Also that last part is bullshit.
>>
>>15918698
> miles on yearly registration

What commie shiit hole do you live in
>>
>>15918742
>tfw you pay emissions on 4 vehicles and a mile down the road there are none
>tfw seller is legally responsible for emissions but it's absolutely unenforceable
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.