[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on a level straight road... > Car goes straight as a bullet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: focus09garage_34_opt[1].jpg (48KB, 580x336px) Image search: [Google]
focus09garage_34_opt[1].jpg
48KB, 580x336px
on a level straight road...
> Car goes straight as a bullet

on a straight road that angles towards the edges for drainage (road crown) ....
> Car turns down toward ditch and requires active counter steering to either the 10 or 2 o'clock position.. on a straight road.

Look underneath and the inner 1/4 of both the front wheels are being chewed up. rear wheels are 100% even wear.

Lots of noise at higher speeds... someone said could be wheel bearings.

Had wheel alignment done in January. Could it need it again? Or is it something else?
>>
>Road cambers
>Have to steer against it
Oh no! Can you believe physics?
Quick go spend $70 on an alignment you don't need!
>>
>>15915537
You again? Just go get an alignment and your tires balanced. You could get an alignment the same day and hit a huge Ass pothole and knock it out of alignment . So you having one 9 months ago is a long time.
Also wheels don't get chewed up from the road. Tires do.
>>
What you need to do is upset the rear a bit and counter steer some more

Then you'll be fully hektik. Right now you're only about 25% hektik.
>>
>>15915547
when your commute is on a highway that is mostly straight but has moderate road crown angle requiring you to keep the wheel turned to go straight for extended periods of time... you might think there is a problem.
>>
>>15915566
first post in months cuh... Thinking my tie rod ends might need replacing?

>>15915568
> He took the time to type this out thinking it was funny
>>
>>15915577
Sounds like you're a complete fucking retard.
Go ahead, throw $1500 at your car in wheel bearings, because I'm sure you can't even take the wheel off by yourself.
Then when that doesn't fix your "Problem" what are you going to do?
Realize that you're fucking stupid?
Hypochondria for cars is so common among normies and "enthusiasts" it's boring and aggravating.
You're probably best off just fucking killing yourself. I bet you suckle elons cock in your dreams you fucking loser faggot.
>>
>>15915586
Why don't you look under the car and look?
>your no car knowledge is showing

And please. You made a thread like this yesterday or the night before.
>>
>>15915589
such a helpful guy. Do you really think any of your insults have any effect at all on me.. on 4chan... pls anon...

Don't waste your time posting if you're not gonna help.
>>
>>15915589
>The amount of upset in this post
>>
>>15915601
I already helped you.
You just didn't like my advice.
If you wanted a bunch of yes men why didn't you go to facebook?
>>
>>15915537
You drive a FWD car, and not only FWD but rather heavy, over 3,000 pounds. You're surprised that a FF car has excessive camber in the front and by result tire wear? That's literally by design.

You have two options, well three actually.
But before I go into those, all your symptoms point to shitty tires.
>excessive tire wear
shitty tires.
>noise at higher speed
shitty tires.
If you're convinced the tires aren't the problem, pick one of these solutions below.

1) Rotate your tire, have them reduce the camber a bit. This will make your tires last longer.

2) Replace your tires with something that's not chinese and will last more than 15,000 miles. Also have them reduce camber if you want.

Reducing camber will make you corner ever so slightly worse. These come with camber from the factory, again, by design. Nothing that'll kill you but it could make that extra 1% difference between losing traction and wrapping it around a tree, which at this point, sounds like a very nice end for you.

3) Which brings me to my last point, and the most permanent solution: an hero.
>>
File: How you treat all tripfags.png (16KB, 778x169px) Image search: [Google]
How you treat all tripfags.png
16KB, 778x169px
>>15915589
wew

Nice projecting there, tripfag.
>>
>>15915537
> I drive a ford focus
> they think i'm a fucking car enthusiast
> chief kek

>>15915610
thanks for actually pointing me to a potential solution. Got the car last year, probably not a bad idea to change the tires. Abit scared of the new ones getting chewed out if the camber is fucked..
>>
>>15915636
you can look up the tires based on whatever's on the side. It'll tell you specifically what type they are, how long they'll last for, etc etc. Chances are you tires are only rated at something like 400, which on a Fusion or w/e that 2010 era landwhale is will only last optimistically 30k miles.
>>
>>15915645
>mfw stock tires on my 15 cover were rated at 440 tread wear
>put 38 K miles on tires before finally replacing
>bought fuzion tires rated at 400 tread wear
>now at 52K miles with rotations tires still at 9/32s
>car has been pulling right since replacement of tires
I don't feel like aligning it. The rear toe adjustments on these cars are retarded.
>>
>>15915612
Brosifine is old school tripfriend, m8. You're just butthurt he rekt your ass by saying it like it is. Kek. Filterfags are more pathetic than the tripfucks they filter.
>>
File: 1460049693963.png (152KB, 583x464px) Image search: [Google]
1460049693963.png
152KB, 583x464px
>>15915566
Difference guy.

I'm the guy asking about the focus suspension problem.

This guy is having a pull to one side, mine is sporadic pulls to both sides while the wheel is straight.
>>
>>15915589
This dumbass just made a rant about someone not knowing about cars but thinks wheel bearings are $1500
>>
4 wheels bearings on a "cheap" car installed by a shop will cost that though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.