[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone own a Kia with the UVO system? I just got a 2015 Kia Forte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Kia-Uvo-touch-screen.jpg (2MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Kia-Uvo-touch-screen.jpg
2MB, 2000x1333px
Anyone own a Kia with the UVO system? I just got a 2015 Kia Forte EX with all da trimmings and I like holding all my media onto a USB stick. However, when I begin to play music in my car it always goes back to track one! I am SO SICK of track one! I have over 7,000 songs on this stick, so when I'm digging an album or song that is tracks 1,392-1,405, it's a pain in the ASS- what a pain to have to navigate back there just because I stopped for gas! I assume it's something to do with wiping out the memory of what was previously playing during a set time my car is off while it was in the middle of playing a song. Please tell me there's a way to fix this /o/! I know you guys hate Kia cars and all but you guys are my only hope!
>>
>>15914885
>buying a midsize sedan
>buying a car that suffers from shitty modern car design
>not just using an ipod with aux
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg (214KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami.jpg
214KB, 720x1080px
>>15914885
In every other car I know, music resumes where it left off whether it is a CD, USB, or changer. That is BECAUSE the unit continues to draw power from the battery to maintain its memory.

Therefore, your unit must be getting its power completely shut off which is why it forgets everything and always restarts at track 1 in its list. Perhaps a wire is disconnected which is supposed to keep giving the radio power after the car has parked and you turned off the ignition.. So you should take your newish car back to have it fixed under warranty.
>>
>>15914885
Take it back to the dealer retard. It probably needs an audio update Jesus Christ
>>
>>15915089
>>15915122
That's a good assumption with the battery, but I'm not sure if that's really the case. The memory and songs from my USB are all still in tact when I turn off the car and turn it back on. It's not like it needs to read all the files again from my USB device every time I turn my car back on. But I'm going to look into that. And I have a MyUVO account where I registered my car and it says that it's up to date with the latest software. Can dealerships or service departments look into manually updating software that isn't capable of individually doing off the internet?
>>
>>15915159
Assuming you done all the standard things as you didn't mention any of that.

So your next call is to check with the dealer to see if this is the standard UVO feature to always forget to resume where it stopped. If that is the case, then call the manufacturer's help line and tell them that employee name <name here> of <dealership> told you that UVO is supposed to forget everything each time the ignition is turned off. They will probably that is not supposed to be the default UVO. You should be able to take it from there to have the dealer see about the problem without charging you an investigation fee. Stealerships refuse to even have you show them the problem because they want to charge their exam fee. Or if you show them, they are non-committal that is a problem until after an exam.
>>
File: RaceQueen_Kazami2.jpg (256KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RaceQueen_Kazami2.jpg
256KB, 800x1200px
>>15915159
Then you should make sure you didn't install an app which changed the default settings to always restart instead of resume.

My car can have apps control a lot of things. But if I don't install apps in my smartphone to be the remote control or data reader, then the defaults remain unchanged.
>>
>>15915306
So I should uninstall MyUVO app and probably should hard reset my Stereo to see if the issue with the USB memory gets fixed?
>>
>>15914885
kek, are you the cue ball reflected in the volume knob or is that a stock photo?
>>
>>15915373
No idea what your MyUVO app does as I don't have a KIA.

But I have something similar from a different manufacturer which also connects the car's data system to a database so that the smartphone app can see all sorts of data and even interact with some systems in the car.
>>
File: 코를 성형해주세요.gif (2MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
코를 성형해주세요.gif
2MB, 400x253px
>korean build """""""""""""quality"""""""""""""
>>
>>15914885
Is your USB stick over 32gb?

The hyundai/kia group radios only recognise up to 32gb. I had the same issue and now it works fine with a 32gb
>>
>>15916398
>Is your USB stick over 32gb?

The problem is that OP doesn't like to tell us any real information. He didn't say what he did to try to fix the problem leaving us to guessing all the way to this point for your answer to the problem.

OP is pretty annoying so far in how he provides details about the problem.
>>
>>15916617
He's prolly new at asking for help on a forum. It's not rapid fire feedback like a chat line.
>>
>>15916617
It's over 32gb yes. It's actually a
Silicon Power 128GB Blaze B30 USB 3.0 Swivel Flash Drive. So I assume it might be a capacity issue?
>>
>>15917428
Yeah, almost all car systems seem to use the same hardware device that is limited to 32GB on the USB stick. My 2015 GM car is ilmited to using the first 32GB. Don't know what happens if I request a song located in the 40th GB of the address storage space. It'd probably be confused and default back to the first song in the list.
>>
>>15917428
Earlier this year, GM sent out letters to various owners to visit their dealer for a software update if they had a certain software version.

GM uses Panasonic as their USB software partner in their cars. The panasonic software had problems using certain models of some branded USB drives. So a software update had to be done.
>>
>>15917456
Interesting... I wouldn't want to revert back to a 32gb from a 128gb flash drive if that's the case cuz I'm knit picky with my music selection.
>>
>>15917493
I simply used a cheap USB 2.0 drive with 32GB. I had only those big long drives, so I decided to make things easier on myself by buying a short drive.

I use one of those ultra short drives that looks about the same as a bluetooth USB adapter. Because it doesn't stick out, there's nothing to snag or get in the way of things. It also preserves the life of the socket since constantly bumping a big tall plugged in drive probably weakens the connector.
>>
>>15917493
>I'm picky with my music selection.
>I need a huge drive to hold all the songs ever made
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.